PDA

View Full Version : Fun Guild Boss Idea For Casual Players That Is Like A Real Raid

Yasi
06-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Guilds can summon bosses exclusive for their guild for a collective fee of 10,000 gold or more.

The bosses will have a total HP of 100,000 or more.

You can initiate a fight with said boss with a group of 2-3 players or solo.

The boss will have 50HP, 100HP, or 150HP depending on the number of players.

Win the battle and the boss' total HP will go down accordingly.

If the guild manage to defeat the boss, the participants will each gain loot according to the damage dealt.

Set a time limit of 24 hours to clear it.

Tinuvas
06-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Leave it to Yasi to say absolutely nothing of valu...wait...that's a good idea. No really, I like that idea. It would really lend itself to a more community driven experience, and give guilds big PvE experiences to have together. I really like this idea. Way to go Yasi. Serious, thoughtful, solid idea. Cryptooooo, oh Cryyyyyptoooooo, have you seen the latest from Yasi? You might like it.

Yasi
06-06-2013, 06:57 PM
I mean, this is a good way to rank guilds(based on the number of bosses they kill each week) and guild members(damage dealt) while almost solving the problem of players wanting a bigger raid. It'll be kind of dumb to have a 100 person raid, so this is another way to deal with that-sorta. After all, most people will probably only do raids with their guild/circle of friends. This gives an incentive to be in a guild, but at the same time not discourage the current raid system or lone wolves.

Talreth
06-06-2013, 06:58 PM
I think you mean a good way to rank guilds based off of activity and membership #. But still interesting. The loot would have to be really good to justify farming it over PvE imo. And then if the loot was really good small guilds would complain. But if it was bad no one would play it.

Yasi
06-06-2013, 07:04 PM
I think you mean a good way to rank guilds based off of activity and membership #. But still interesting. The loot would have to be really good to justify farming it over PvE imo. And then if the loot was really good small guilds would complain. But if it was bad no one would play it.

It's not going to replace the current raid system. The benefit of a guild raid/dungeon/whatever is that it's an incentive for being active and getting loot as long as you win 1 battle and your guild manage to defeat it. It could be a way to gain exclusive crafting materials to craft exclusive alternate guild PvP/PvE card arts. Or it could give the guild experience points. It has to be something that is purely cosmetic because newer players may find it harder to join a guild or w/e.

wayne
06-06-2013, 07:17 PM
I like this a lot better than the various ideas floating around to try and have 20+ ppl playing at once.

Tinuvas
06-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Exactly. Everyone playing at once = snoring at the keyboard. This could get the whole guild involved (at the same time too, just different fights) in a common goal. 'Wandering monsters' and whatnot. You could throw all kinds of lore into it, make many different thematic mobs to keep guilds on their toes, etc. etc. etc. This idea could go way deep. Obviously details would have to be worked out, specific numbers, how often they would be available, etc. but Crypto is good at that kind of stuff. I would have a blast prepping my guild for such an endeavor.

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 11:22 PM
It could be a fun idea. As long as they account for combo decks - though they're already working on raids, so you'd think they'd be gaining more and more experience at dealing with combo decks.