PDA

View Full Version : How will Cryptozoic handle the Beta invites?

Seercull
06-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Hi, quick question. I did check the FAQs and couldn't find anything and since i'm really pumped for this game I wanna make sure:
I'm curious how Cryptozoic will handle the Beta Invites. I did enter my e-mail adress on the beta invite section on their website earlier but I backed them for 20$ over their website (not via kickstar) so I could get a guaranteed beta invite (or alpha invite now I guess with the 1.8M stretch goal). I have not received an e-mail yet but that doesn't surprise me as the campaign is still going and the beta isn't ready yet.

So my question is:
How will Crytozoic contact us when the beta invites go out? Will they handle it via the E-Mail adress that's connected to the paypal accounts? Because that's the only e-mail adress that I had to enter while donating, they didn't ask me for any additional information. And if they just do it via the paypal e-mail, what will the e-mail contain?
Just wanted to check, ty in advance for some info!

OysterPrime
06-06-2013, 06:36 PM
I am basing this completely on a theory, but I assume that all eligible backers will probably get a product key that will attach to their HEX account. That key will provide all of their tier's rewards, including alpha/beta access.

Seercull
06-06-2013, 07:33 PM
So you think Cryptozoic will send this very product key to either our paypal-emails (the one used for donations over at the hex website) or amazon e-mails (i think you use amazon to back via kickstarter?)?

Willzyx
06-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Keys are dangerous and fraud magnets. I'd say it's more likely that the kickstarter backer survey (what usually asks you for your mailing address for physical goods, etc.) will ask for the email you want your pledge tied to. Either this will work as an account reservation or they'll just credit awards as pre-flagged emails register.

It's a decent system because the only way to steal a pledge is to have control of someone's email account. Given all else that's tied to email, it should be the most secure online account most people have.

Yasi
06-06-2013, 07:42 PM
It will not be a unique key for each tiers...

Seercull
06-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Okay, I basically don't know anything about backing via Kickstarter because I backed via their website (over paypal). So I assume if you entred an e-mail on the Kickstarter website, they will send it to that e-mail. So if you just payed with Paypal i guess they will just notify you on your paypal email adress?

OysterPrime
06-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Again, all of my stuff is complete speculation. They could do something completely different, or something like Willzyx said.

Ozmono
06-06-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm guessing that the game will be in open beta shortly after it launches beta for the kickstarter backers (not the alpha, the beta). I make this guess because they are talking about even the alpha being reasonably polished, there are beta signups on their website already, the game has already been in development for 2 years, the kickstarter was a huge success so they can probably get things done quicker, even the 10 dollar tier has beta access and most importantly they seem to understand that a large community will be beneficial to the game.

Talreth
06-06-2013, 07:55 PM
I assume that they will mail us all of our beta invites. Sorry foreigners.

Talreth
06-06-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm guessing that the game will be in open beta shortly after it launches beta for the kickstarter backers (not the alpha, the beta). I make this guess because they are talking about even the alpha being reasonably polished, there are beta signups on their website already, the game has already been in development for 2 years, the kickstarter was a huge success so they can probably get things done quicker, even the 10 dollar tier has beta access and most importantly they seem to understand that a large community will be beneficial to the game.

They still have a lot of PvE to get done

Seercull
06-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Okay, thanks for your opinions so far, Cryptozoic kinda left us in the dark so far (I like e-mails that basically tell me "hey you just paid 20$ and you will be receiving your beta invite once this game goes into beta" but I know that this is very improbable and not easy to manage with such a large amount of people signing up and backing the game). Because I haven't gotten an e-mail yet, I just don't like to think that they didn't get my money and that I won't get a beta invite :P
But my guess is that I'm just too impatient. I think they got it under control (or I hope)

Talreth
06-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Okay, thanks for your opinions so far, Cryptozoic kinda left us in the dark so far (I like e-mails that basically tell me "hey you just paid 20$ and you will be receiving your beta invite once this game goes into beta" but I know that this is very improbable and not easy to manage with such a large amount of people signing up and backing the game). Because I haven't gotten an e-mail yet, I just don't like to think that they didn't get my money and that I won't get a beta invite :P
But my guess is that I'm just too impatient. I think they got it under control (or I hope)

Hold your horses cowboy, the beta date is set for September, with alpha being a few weeks earlier. However, they have said they want to get it out as soon as possible, so it could be earlier than that. September is the deadline basically.

Grissnap
06-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Nah, its not the deadline, its what they are hoping for. What will actually happen is up for debate.