PDA

View Full Version : Why I love this community!!!!!

RElapse
06-06-2013, 06:54 PM
I have backed this project from the beginning and have been watching the community grow, slowly at first but really picking up speed in the last week or so. I have to say that I am truly impressed with both the community and Cryptozoic.

Community

In my time i have been part of many BETA's and start up games, and while some have been slowly swept to the sands of failed games, some have been successful. but none in my recollection have had a community like this. the ideas, the analyzation, the intelligent comments posted on this forum blow my mind, every single one of you is contributing what they can finically, but the wealth of knowledge that is being shared is remarkable. I know myself and my guild are dedicated to maintaining this sense of close community once the game launches, and i encourage everyone to strive to do the same. A game can have beautiful code, intense graphics and a great story, but without the armour and backing of a great community the game is doomed to fail, and we have seen this before. The HEXunity is the strongest argument for why this game will be an amazingly successful experience so behalf of myself thank you for allowing me to be part of the HEXunity!!!

Cryptozoic

I have to admit that I am a super nerd, and any TCG or board game that is part of nerd culture i must have and when I first found out that crypto was making this game I knew that i had to be part of it. but the see the company the people and Cory investing just as much into us as we are into them, is when my mind was made up. They have given and will continue to give so much to the community. just as an example is the fact that we get twitch videos, we get basically a direct line to the development team, and the quality of even the kickstarter page trumps most others. when some stretch goals are " you get a thankyou post card" crypto is giving us a frakking convention!!! are you serious, not to mention the hundreds of dollars in value in cards that only we are privy too. Thank you Crypto for giving back to the community you started, and valuing us, as much as we value you.

let all keep in mind that these people are working hard to bring us our game, and when the time comes lets band together as a community and help create the best game experience as we can. ALPHA's and BETA's can be frustrating for gamers, so when you want to punch your computer in the face, remember that every one of the developers is just as frustrated (if not more so) than you.

Well done to everyone involved and lets keep it up!

PAX
RElapse

Talreth
06-06-2013, 06:56 PM
I see you carefully picked to only view thread with less than five pages when you reviewed the community

dodecapod
06-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Yes, Cryptozoic is doing an amazing job! You can clearly see their passion and strong desire to make a vision (dream) come to life. Keep it up!

I am pretty impressed by the community as well. 99% of the community is so positive and helpful, and I hope it continues to stay that way.

Grissnap
06-06-2013, 07:06 PM
One can hope! Just avoid any discussion of tiers and such, and you should be okay :)

Welcome to the community. I guess I can't claim to speak for everyone, but the community <3's you back.

RElapse
06-06-2013, 07:08 PM
I see you carefully picked to only view thread with less than five pages when you reviewed the community

trolls are always the first to come and play ;)

Gwaer
06-06-2013, 07:12 PM
The community is honestly pretty good. There have been some heated debates, but for the most part that's just because everyone is passionate about Hex, that sort of thing is bound to happen! I'm glad you're a part of it.

Tyrfang
06-06-2013, 07:29 PM
I hope it continues until after Hex launches...

Even league had a good community during beta...

nicosharp
06-06-2013, 07:55 PM

meh

Ozmono
06-06-2013, 07:56 PM
There is good and bad in all communities. Not meaning to be disrespectful to this one but I don't see a major difference here.

Talreth
06-06-2013, 07:57 PM

Me and you both in league? How can you imply it's bad then

Tyrfang
06-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Me and you both in league? How can you imply it's bad then

I haven't played league in about half a year.

Talreth
06-06-2013, 08:02 PM
I haven't played league in about half a year.

:c that's why then

Black_Omega
06-06-2013, 08:05 PM
I agree, the community that has come together through the Kickstarter campaign has been pretty amazing with a lot of people being actively involved. And the Hex Team is fantastic, I've said it all along. Kudos to them for a job well done!