PDA

View Full Version : A heartfelt thank you.

rwmwaffle
06-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Just as promised I wanted to take a moment to thank some people. This community, young as it is, has already shown great generosity and compassion to not only myself but all around. Its very hard to get 16,000+ people on the internet to remain civil and friendly and this group has done it better then just about any I have seen. So kudos to all of us, I hope it can continue once we start playing and begin screaming at our monitors because of something our opponent did. May people have wished me luck throughout this, losing a job suddenly is a jarring experience especially when it wasn't because you did something wrong. In particular I would like thank the following people for going above and beyond to help me be a part of this game.

To Robert, Mayu, Marcus, Dan, Alexander, Moises, Lau, SamCube and Michael; thank you from the bottom of my heart. You had no reason support me but you did anyway. It is my goal to repay each and every one of you as soon as I can. In total nine these wonderful people sent me nearly $300. With that my goal of getting Collectors tier was met. The remaining $50 was sent to the Make-A-Wish foundation.

I would also like the thank Cryptozoic for being so cool about the situation. There are a lot of different ways they could have reacted to the idea of someone "panhandling" in there Kickstarter comments section and i was sweating buckets when they started to talk about me on the live stream. So to Cory and the gang at CZE, thanks for being so cool AND for making such an awesome game.

Im not a backer on Kickstarter anymore now that I pledged via Paypal, i didn't want to hold up a tier from someone else or skew the numbers so I guess I will talk to you guys here or via some sort of char program (irc/raidcall/etc) if one gets popular with people here.

Cheers all and thank you once again.

TheDiv
06-06-2013, 10:18 PM
It's great to have you on board and I wish you the best of luck with your future (career-wise). Look forward to seeing you in-game! :)

Brumby66
06-06-2013, 10:19 PM
I'm very impressed with everyone so far. Even though there are some disputes, we will have a great community. I'm glad you could stay Waffle. Best of luck to you and lots of respect for strangers willing to help out each other. If you need to finish off the sets of ks exclusives let me know. I'll have 1 of each extra and I believe that's what you'll be short for a playset.

Zomnivore
06-06-2013, 10:19 PM
I'm glad people were willing to chip in for a stranger.

Nice thing of them to do.

Qorsair
06-06-2013, 10:22 PM
For IRC we've been using #hex on irc.gamesurge.net, come on in and join us!

Ozmono
06-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Very nice story. I'm happy for you. Sometimes internet forums are such horrible places so it's extremely good to hear a story like this. Even if internet forums were more civil it would still be a nice story but because they so often aren't it makes it all the more special.

Rapkannibale
06-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Really happy for you man and the best of luck to you with the job hunting!

hex_colin
06-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Waffle, where are you located?

PowderedToastMan
06-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Waffle, your story really hit home to me, I lost my job as of last night and had to drop my DC pledge. You hit the nail right on the head though, we have a very passionate and loyal community and for those here in a better situation that helped Waffle, a big virtual HUG!
:)

saffamike
06-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Hey Waffle. It was a pleasure to assist. Feel free to donate my little bit to a charity of your choosing if you ever have the urge to return any.

I'd just be happy to see you find gainful employment to take the stress off of you and of course to play some Hex with you :).

Mike

saffamike
06-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Waffle, your story really hit home to me, I lost my job as of last night and had to drop my DC pledge. You hit the nail right on the head though, we have a very passionate and loyal community and for those here in a better situation that helped Waffle, a big virtual HUG!
:)

Hi PTM

Did you manage to grab one of the lower tiers?

Reddaye
06-08-2013, 02:03 PM
This is really an amazing story and gives you a great feeling about this community. You can tell something very special is going on here right before our own eyes. Good on everyone that helped out!

Nthanel
06-08-2013, 02:06 PM
This is what a gaming community is about. Right here.

Zarien
06-08-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm really glad things worked out with you and it shows how awesome this community is already shaping up to be!

Milamber
06-10-2013, 02:45 AM
I'd heard bout this on cory's stream but didn't know the back story...
Just wanted to tip my hat to all involved!

Robert, Mayu, Marcus, Dan, Alexander, Moises, Lau, SamCube and Michael.
You sir's deserve a beer!
And waffle.. handled like a gentlemen mate,
Glad your still in and wish you well.

Viva la Hex

FranzVonG
06-10-2013, 02:59 AM
Glad to see you with us Waffle, and a manly hug to those that helped you to be here. See you in game!

Jaserah
06-10-2013, 03:08 AM
Good on ya guys, that is just awesome!

ossuary
06-10-2013, 03:44 AM
You don't often see this level of kindness and helpful spirit on the internet anymore (outside of The Chive, anyway!). Very nice to see people stepping up to help a mostly-stranger in need.

Cheers to everyone involved, and Waffle, hope things work out for you soon. :)

Ironsides
06-10-2013, 04:32 AM
X-)

Ju66ernaut
06-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Go Waffles, Go!! I'm counting on your support when this game launches and I lose my job due to unethical use of company time ;-P

-Alexander

Jacklau89
06-10-2013, 04:44 AM
See you in game Waffle!:o