PDA

View Full Version : Alpha question

MasterN64
06-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Well I'm actually on break at work and had a thought. Will we be getting a full play set of cards during the alpha to test all the card interactions? It should happen I would think just to really ensure all the cards are tested before launch.

Sorry if this was already answered I don't have time to look through and find out right now.

Derium
06-06-2013, 11:42 PM
I'm not sure about that. I think I heard that we will not be getting our rewards in Alpha. And I'm sure they won't be selling product. Hrm.

Ozmono
06-06-2013, 11:45 PM
I haven't heard that we do. They did describe some of the internal testing they had been doing and it's been in development for over a two years so it's not a given that they rely on the community for this. Cory also said in one of his streams that once he gave the players something he wasn't going to take it off them in regards tow wipes and so on so that gives me the impression that it is unlikely. Lastly the way he described the release of the alpha to me didn't really sound like a typical alpha, he was talking about having a polished product before releasing to the public so he didn't hurt the longevity of the product. He said that there will be pve content to be completed however so maybe alpha is still an appropriate word. Anyway I wouldn't bet on it.

Fireblast
06-06-2013, 11:51 PM
if we don't have cards during alpha its pretty pointless :D
Now if we had all the cards, it could be a bit overwhelming.

I think we'll have some pre-con decks and we'll test the UI, some interactions but they don't need/want us to balance the cards.

~

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm not sure about that. I think I heard that we will not be getting our rewards in Alpha. And I'm sure they won't be selling product. Hrm.
I don't think OP is talking about KS rewards, rather, will they give every player full playsets of every card in order to test any possible deck, and thus hopefully uncover any bugs that might occur due to specific interactions, and things like that.

Zarien
06-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Based off the twitch stream answers, it seems like the alpha will be mainly focused on the pve content, and by this, i mean the arena combat style from the pve content. They said they intended to save the more story driven pve content until beta and on. So I imagine we will be working on that, and they will probably let us take some pve cards and do a wild west format or something, just to get the pvp interface tested without spoiling too much of the pvp content.

BenRGamer
06-06-2013, 11:54 PM
I haven't heard that we do. They did describe some of the internal testing they had been doing and it's been in development for over a two years so it's not a given that they rely on the community for this. Cory also said in one of his streams that once he gave the players something he wasn't going to take it off them in regards tow wipes and so on so that gives me the impression that it is unlikely. Lastly the way he described the release of the alpha to me didn't really sound like a typical alpha, he was talking about having a polished product before releasing to the public so he didn't hurt the longevity of the product. He said that there will be pve content to be completed however so maybe alpha is still an appropriate word. Anyway I wouldn't bet on it.

Take into account he said he wouldn't wipe accounts before we were awarded Alpha access, that development may change things.

Ozmono
06-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Based off the twitch stream answers, it seems like the alpha will be mainly focused on the pve content, and by this, i mean the arena combat style from the pve content. They said they intended to save the more story driven pve content until beta and on. So I imagine we will be working on that, and they will probably let us take some pve cards and do a wild west format or something, just to get the pvp interface tested without spoiling too much of the pvp content.
I thought it was the other way around. Haven't seen all the streams though and I may have misunderstood. I knew they wouldn't have all the pve content ready for alpha but I thought it was to be focused on pvp for that reason.

ForgedSol
06-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Yup. They said PvP content for Beta initially, with some PvE, then the full PvE in the second stage of Beta. Alpha is bound to be similar as Beta stage one.

MasterN64
06-07-2013, 02:30 AM
If I remember correctly they said there would be a wipe after alpha and then no more. Besides alphas are far from a finished product and there are bound to be major issues so not having a wipe could cause issues. I was just curious if they would give play sets for card testing purposes. It doesn't matter how good your testing team is because they will always miss something and having a couple thousand players doing this testing for free is a huge bonus.

It would be fairly bad if the glitches we saw in the streams make it into even the early beta. And as far as I'm concerned alpha and even beta are testing periods and we should be prepared for potential wipes.