PDA

View Full Version : Starting tomorrow after it's over...can we talk about Collector's?

mainstager
06-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Cuz ya know...there's a lot that never got said :)

Pentregarth
06-07-2013, 12:14 AM
What is this "Collector's" you're talking about? I've never heard of it *whistles*

Zomnivore
06-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Wot's all this about a collector? I think them flies wot with the pearly wings is all piff poff n'all thot.

wot wot.

tgm0112
06-07-2013, 12:18 AM
If such a thing existed, which I'm not affirming, the date for this thread might be deemed premature. Such a hypothetical tier might better be spoken of, if one were to be inclined toward a theoretical conversation, in an arbitrary time around say... noon tomorrow PDT. Just off the top of my head, of course.

benczi
06-07-2013, 12:43 AM
never heard of'em. try again tomorrow :))

Punk
06-07-2013, 12:57 AM
Why not talk about it now? This was something I posted on another forum:

I would choose Collector over DC.

Dungeon Crawler gives you 100% more loot when doing dungeons. That's pretty cool and may be a good investment for farming the in-game currency. The Collector gets 6 different (12 total) exclusive alternative promo cards per year. These will only be rare or legendary. Since there are only a handful of people who will have access to the collector tier, these cards have the potential to be very, very valuable.. especially if one of those alternative art cards is an expensive card in one of the "flavor of the month" (hot) decks at the time.

With only about 2200 people who would have access to the Collector Tier cards, that means there is a maximum of 4400 of each card in the community. That is only 1100 playsets of each rare or legendary alternative art card. I personally feel this tier has the potential to have a much larger payout then the Pro Tier in the long run.

Indormi
06-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Why not talk about it now? This was something I posted on another forum:

With only about 2200 people who would have access to the Collector Tier cards, that means there is a maximum of 4400 of each card in the community. That is only 1100 playsets of each rare or legendary alternative art card. I personally feel this tier has the potential to have a much larger payout then the Pro Tier in the long run.

First Rule, thats why

Mike411
06-07-2013, 01:02 AM

I agree. People should start dropping pro tier for collector. *innocent whistle*

Punk
06-07-2013, 01:02 AM
First Rule, thats why

Yeah, that whole Fight Club rules posted in another thread was just stupid.

Hell, if it gets another backer, then it was worth it.

Punk
06-07-2013, 01:05 AM
I agree. People should start dropping pro tier for collector. *innocent whistle*

Pro may be better, only time will tell.. but I personally feel that Collector is by far better than the other three $250 Tiers.

Mike411
06-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Pro may be better, only time will tell.. but I personally feel that Collector is by far better than the other three $250 Tiers.

Absolutely. I don't think I've found anyone here yet that played yugioh online before it closed, but the alternate art cards on there were worth so much, it was crazy. So I think a similar effect could happen here.

ForgedSol
06-07-2013, 01:22 AM
I say it's better for all of us if all the Collectors go. I'm hoping the game becomes a breakout hit, and in the grand scheme of things I like the thought of more of these cards getting out there. A few more won't hurt. And I want everyone who has just one Collector tier to feel like they have a fighting chance of getting a playset. The first rule serves Speculators more than Collectors.

Indormi
06-07-2013, 01:29 AM
I say it's better for all of us if all the Collectors go. I'm hoping the game becomes a breakout hit, and in the grand scheme of things I like the thought of more of these cards getting out there. A few more won't hurt. And I want everyone who has just one Collector tier to feel like they have a fighting chance of getting a playset. The first rule serves Speculators more than Collectors.

If you see the forums, you will see that most od us talk about it when anyone ask and give a honest answer to it. All this about the Collector Club is more like a joke to everyone...

Derium
06-07-2013, 01:31 AM
If you see the forums, you will see that most od us talk about it when anyone ask and give a honest answer to it. All this about the Collector Club is more like a joke to everyone...

If you value your kneecaps, I'd stop there...

ForgedSol
Yeah I know, and that's the exact reason why people keep on bringing up not talking about it, so the idea of getting a collector enters people's minds, but that really is still not talking about it. Just mentioning it.

This is the last chance for people to pick them up. Time is running out. More people should be convinced to pick these up before it's too late. I picked up two more just today.

Ozmono
I didn't go collector pretty much because alternative art cards doesn't interest me as much as the rewards in the other 250 tiers. I think you'd all be right and it'd probably be worth more but I'm happy with what I've chosen.

AstaSyneri
06-07-2013, 01:43 AM
you also get those nifty double KS promos...

Derium
06-07-2013, 01:44 AM
you also get those nifty double KS promos...

*nods his head... but totally not because he's agreeing or anything*

NaharPT
06-07-2013, 01:45 AM
The thing is if the Collector rewards end up worthing much more than all others, due to the fact that they are tradable (you can't trade DC, PP or RL advantages, you are stuck with them, whatever their relative value is...) ;)

Zomnivore
06-07-2013, 01:56 AM
I think it speaks more to the value of the tier if its seen as having a cult that don't want you innit (and pretty obvious).

If you're trying to argue someone out of taking collector and you're not transparent about your bias then I think its a lot less fun and a lot more not cool.

ForgedSol
06-07-2013, 02:08 AM
I can see how that can speak to some people with a collector personality. For some, that's the point of it all, to have something other people don't. (I mostly just hate the idea of having to spend a lot of money on a card that I want the better art for. Whichever art I like better is the one I'm going to use. If it's the AA version, great. If it's the normal version, I'll use that just fine.)

I never said anything before, because if that's what other collectors want to do, fantastic. But time is running out! People need to make their decisions and if reminding people that if you have a DC tier adding on a Collector tier if you can afford it is a fine choice, since it doesn't put any pressure on you if you want to merge the accounts or not (like adding a RL tier would), if that's enough to tip people over the edge and pick these up before they're gone, then fantastic! If telling people that Cryptozoic said that the AA cards will all be rare and legendaries will help them make their decision, that's important to restate, because it's not anywhere in the tier description.

Being part of an exclusive club can make things exciting, but so can making a last minute decision before the timer is up.

Blowfeld
06-07-2013, 02:39 AM
Well,

I would post something regarding the topic but it would result in a loss of personal integrity ;)

DisOrd3r
06-07-2013, 02:40 AM
What is this Collector you are talking about?

ForgedSol
06-07-2013, 02:44 AM
It's a piece of crap and no one should pick it up to get more Princess Cory's that people are definitely going to try to get playsets of?

(Happy now?)

Blowfeld
06-07-2013, 02:48 AM
Princess Cory is a damn ugly card :D I like the guy anyway.

Tiuvath
06-07-2013, 03:13 AM
Frankly I am sceptical about the ultimate value of the alternate art cards.

People are far more willing to spend money on something tangible then on digital "uniques". Therefore i doubt that those cards will reach similar value as they would have in a TCG with real cards.

And I am saying this as someone whos pledged Collector. I might be wrong but it I'd be quite surprised if that was the case (pleasantly surprised tho ^^)

benczi
06-07-2013, 03:36 AM
Frankly I am sceptical about the ultimate value of the alternate art cards.

People are far more willing to spend money on something tangible then on digital "uniques". Therefore i doubt that those cards will reach similar value as they would have in a TCG with real cards.

And I am saying this as someone whos pledged Collector. I might be wrong but it I'd be quite surprised if that was the case (pleasantly surprised tho ^^)

I too agree with you, none of these cards will be anywhere near real life card prices. I mean, you can take(and i mean buy) the power 9, put it in a frame, and hang it on the wall, and brag about it to everyone who visits your establishment (or home). You just can't do the same with a digital only product.

It's not so much about the ultimate value of the cards, as the fact that they will be exclusive, alternate art, and unique to a few thousand players. And some people do place great value on that.

Zomnivore
06-07-2013, 04:25 AM
Flaunting cards online means you have a order of magnitude more people at any one time who can pine for those cards.

Although I agree having a physical thing is pretty cool. However I think the fact that you only need to have 4 to have it in all of your decks because of the digital factor also has value.

I agree though, digital is its own bag.

nickon
06-07-2013, 04:38 AM
I mean, you can take(and i mean buy) the power 9, put it in a frame, and hang it on the wall, and brag about it to everyone who visits your establishment (or home). You just can't do the same with a digital only product.

You do have digital photo frames as well these days ;)

Shepherd74
06-07-2013, 04:42 AM
There is no dishonor in folks having fun with the fact that they made a smart choice when most everyone else was scrambling for other tiers. Consider that the game will ultimately have a much much larger population than we early kickstarters. And all of those new people will not be in any way restricted on the number of times they can farm pve content for equipment. It stands to reason that the AH may become flooded with items. Inversely there will be a small group that will have the only finite source of desired cards anywhere ever. Add to that extra exclusives from kickstarter. And finally an extra lotus garden.

There is a smart choice here these clever souls figured out weeks ago. But lucky for some time is still on your side.

You have less than seven hours.

GK. C for my old man. K for my wife.

GreyGriffin
06-07-2013, 04:46 AM
Oooh, I might have to get a digital frame for my AA cards.

Uhm.

If I were getting any. In theory.

NaharPT
06-07-2013, 05:07 AM
You just have to consider the prices that Yugiho Online Alternative Art cards reached. Your answer is there. ;)

But then again... "Collector"? What's that?!

FranzVonG
06-07-2013, 05:27 AM
4 pages of blank posts in an empty thread. Forum issue I suppose, Mods please close and delete...

Zomnivore
06-07-2013, 05:28 AM
Talk will start in about 5hours. Until then keep to the knightly code of honor and chivalrous-less conduct!

Indormi
06-07-2013, 05:38 AM
Talk will start in about 5hours. Until then keep to the knightly code of honor and chivalrous-less conduct!

This

hwtan13
06-07-2013, 06:06 AM
I drop PP for TC!!! WHY?? Because I can tell you that PP is worth USD336 a year. Now how much you think 12 AA cards going to be worth? Why invest in something that is static? PP is going to be worth from USD0-USD336. TC is going to be worth from USD0-USD?????

mainstager
06-07-2013, 06:10 AM
I drop PP for TC!!! WHY?? Because I can tell you that PP is worth USD336 a year. Now how much you think 12 AA cards going to be worth? Why invest in something that is static? PP is going to be worth from USD0-USD336. TC is going to be worth from USD0-USD?????

I like sushi.

Hollywood
06-07-2013, 06:15 AM
Regular Force of Will on MTGO - $100

Foil Force of Will on MTGO - $300

People pay premium for rare/alternate/promo versions of digital cards all the time. The key is how playable the promos are.

benczi
06-07-2013, 06:30 AM
Regular Force of Will on MTGO - $100

Foil Force of Will on MTGO - $300

People pay premium for rare/alternate/promo versions of digital cards all the time. The key is how playable the promos are.

This is 5 hours too early. But goddam, wow, that shit is expensive. but wait, wasn't force of will a promo card on mtgo that only championship winners got, so there's really only a few of them, like less then 100? (i'm really asking since i don't know, i just vaguely remember an article about it.)

Tiuvath
06-07-2013, 06:43 AM
This is 5 hours too early. But goddam, wow, that shit is expensive. but wait, wasn't force of will a promo card on mtgo that only championship winners got, so there's really only a few of them, like less then 100? (i'm really asking since i don't know, i just vaguely remember an article about it.)

you have to consider playerbase vs numbers printed vs availabilty
playerbase is a big unkown how big it will be, i hope its gonna be lots but at kickstartbackers there is still only around 15k backers once you deduct double pledgers (perhaps even less)

numbers printed is a max of 4400 (1100 sets) thats still alot atleast initially

availability
here I am a bit more optimistic, I think very few will get traded atleast in the beginning. making them harder to obtain and more valueable. (excepting perhaps an initial selloff by some)

hammer
06-22-2013, 07:13 AM
we finally talking about collector tier and how it is actually the best value of all the kick starter tiers??

Shadowelf
06-22-2013, 09:25 AM
you have to consider playerbase vs numbers printed vs availabilty
playerbase is a big unkown how big it will be, i hope its gonna be lots but at kickstartbackers there is still only around 15k backers once you deduct double pledgers (perhaps even less)

Note due to the fact that the cards will be AA and not foils or EA, artwork might also be a deciding factor in determining the card's value

Aradon
06-22-2013, 09:35 AM
But think about the swag when you unlock those sexy AAs in foil and extended art!

Chiany
06-22-2013, 09:52 AM
we finally talking about collector tier and how it is actually the best value of all the kick starter tiers??

In my opinion, the persons who bought whatever tier, decides for him/herself if it's the most valuable tier.

I've got 2 collector's and 1 pro player tier.
While I like Collecting cards, I like pvping in Hex alot more.

So for me, the PP tier is worth more then the Collectors.

Hollywood
06-23-2013, 02:24 AM

Nope. It was originally released in Masters Edition 1, before the promo one was released. And there's foil versions of both.

AstaSyneri
06-24-2013, 03:04 AM
In my opinion, the persons who bought whatever tier, decides for him/herself if it's the most valuable tier.

I've got 2 collector's and 1 pro player tier.
While I like Collecting cards, I like pvping in Hex alot more.

So for me, the PP tier is worth more then the Collectors.

And in this I totally disagree with my guildmate. For me the PP tier is absolutely inferior (as a function of me simply not having enough time to do a draft per week for the next 10 years or so) ;-).

I picked up my Collectors because I think they offer the best "offline" value of the tiers that remained at the time. As good as Hex promises to be - there are bound to be times when you just can't be coaxed to play it and therefore "lose" the free drafts.

Dungeon Crawler was my first choice based on what I would like to play most (PvE) and offered the best value based on the choice. Collector was my second, Raid Leader third only because I had found a great guild of like-minded people that I didn't want to let down (I could easily have found enough Raid Leaders in the guild to get the bonus card on our raids, but since I learned that the bonus at least partially stacks...).

Obviously this assessment will always depend on your personal circumstances.