PDA

View Full Version : How does character creation work?

SunsetShimmer
06-07-2013, 02:20 AM
I know that when we make our accounts we have to make a character, but are we later allowed to change our character to a different race/class if we don't like the first one?

Zomnivore
06-07-2013, 02:23 AM
I think you just create a new one.

Unfortunately it sounds like the factions stick to you though, so if you pick ardent or underworld themed factions it sounds pretty permanent.

Indormi
06-07-2013, 02:27 AM
It goes this way

Account-->Keep(faction)-->Champion,
You can only create 1 keep(maybe 2 if they allow both factions in 1 account, they said they are working on it)
Inside the keep you can create as many champions as you want(maybe to a cap of 5 or 10)

PvP champs are all premade ones

Evilgm
06-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Unfortunately it sounds like the factions stick to you though, so if you pick ardent or underworld themed factions it sounds pretty permanent.

That is the opposite of what was said.

Zomnivore
06-07-2013, 08:01 AM
That is the opposite of what was said.

do tell I'm interested in if they decided on two keeps per player

Rathal
06-07-2013, 08:09 AM
The factions that are supposed to be exclusive per account are like the Squirrels vs. Dinosaurs thing (Dinosaurs, obviously!). I haven't heard anything about Ardent vs. Underworld.

Mr.Funsocks
06-07-2013, 04:36 PM
They said "currently" (ie in the game client none of us can play) the game is Ardent/Underworld faction-limited, only because they haven't figured out how to mechanically allow it, but that they ABSOLUTELY will have it at release. The only factions that were exclusive were the minor ones Rathal mentioned, or possibly some of the reputation-grind factions. So maybe there's 6-7 cards you can't own total, in the entire game, because of faction limits.

BenRGamer
06-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Again that sounds like the opposite of what they said, though.

Your not limited per account, maybe per character, but not per account.

Kietay
06-07-2013, 06:57 PM
People are confusing factions with Ardent and Underworld. The factions (IE the mercenary factions in PvE) will be permanent once you get the final reward card from one of them. In this way you cannot get all the cards in the game on one account. But the good vs evil, (Ardent vs Underworld) is not locked to just a single side per account.