PDA

View Full Version : Did any of you play the lotr tcg by Decipher?

Sloofin
06-07-2013, 04:53 AM
I played a lots of Rings and had a blast doing it. The thing that got me to hop on board with Hex was seeing that some of the old Decipher guys were working on this game. I still have my black rider card I got from Kyle. He even signed it for me :D. Looking forward to Hex and all the fun times ahead.

Tathel
06-07-2013, 05:23 AM
I played mostly letting friends use my cards >_<. Bought a box of mines of moria when it came out. Played a bit in an online league and then kinda dropped off from playing cause no one else i knew really did.

madar
06-07-2013, 05:25 AM
I used to play a Lord of the Rings collectible anno in 1996, but i think that was a different game :)

Middle-earth Collectible Card Game (MECCG) is a collectible card game released by Iron Crown Enterprises in late 1995. It is the first CCG based on J.R.R. Tolkien's fictional universe of Middle-earth, with added content from ICE's Middle-earth Role Playing Game. The cards used in the game feature original artwork by a multitude of artists, many of them longtime Tolkien illustrators such as John Howe, Ted Nasmith, Angus McBride, et al.

Tathel
06-07-2013, 05:31 AM
I used to play a Lord of the Rings collectible anno in 1996, but i think that was a different game :)

Yeah, the decipher one was based on the movies

Dralon
06-07-2013, 05:39 AM
I played a ton of the LOTRTCG, and was a decipher volunteer for it for a while. Loved the game, and am also very excited to see some of the decipher blood here!

houjix
06-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Decipher volunteer here too. SWCCG and LOTR TCG are still my top two games of all time.

poptasticboy
06-07-2013, 06:45 AM
I did get a box or two when it first started (I even promoted the game around town) but I never really got to play it much, didn't get into it heavily.
Whereas the old Iron Crown Enterprises game, Middle Earth CCG, I played loads of :)
Chris.

EccentricFan
06-07-2013, 08:01 AM
I enjoyed the beta, but I was in college at the time and didn't want to get too into it. Besides I already had a large collection of physical cards. And yes, Decipher SWCCG and LOTR where by far the two card games I sunk the most money into. Now I wish I actually knew someone else in the area that ever collected them so I could still play it.

The pains of buying the less popular card games. But yeah, LOTR especially had some great mechanics.

Vorpal
06-07-2013, 08:02 AM
I played Decipher LOTR, liked it.

I thought Deciper SWCCG was amazing. It still rankles that the license was taken away from that very popular, very successful game, and given to WOTC instead, who created a dull boring game that no one wanted to play and promptly folded.

Twztyd
06-07-2013, 08:19 AM
I played Decipher LOTR, liked it.

I thought Deciper SWCCG was amazing. It still rankles that the license was taken away from that very popular, very successful game, and given to WOTC instead, who created a dull boring game that no one wanted to play and promptly folded.

I'm with you on that one! I have boxes and boxes of SWCCG at home. Dabbled in some LOTR too but SWCCG was the best game I ever played. So sad it died.