PDA

View Full Version : Got my PP w00t

majin
06-07-2013, 07:34 AM
My wife and I only planned on backing $50 each. then we ended up with 2 kings. then it was changed to 1 king and 1 collector. and now I just got an email that I managed to change my collector to Pro.

too bad we don't have the cash to get 2 collectors / 2 pro but the king and pro will be worth it once alpha starts ^___^

Tyrfang
06-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Congrats.

It's at -4 of 913 again...

Kami
06-07-2013, 07:39 AM
If you got a PP, you better hope it's not one of the minus ones.

Apparently the official word from KS is that all minus pledgers will be dropped when the KS ends.

FireSummoner
06-07-2013, 07:41 AM
I am going to take credit for dropping that one. Glad to see that someone picked it up that didn't have one already.

Tyrfang
06-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Kami: It shouldn't matter if you're one of the minus ones, if some more PPs drop in the next 3 hours.

You just better not be in the LAST BATCH of minus PPs...I think?

If they don't honour them,the decision would most likely be based time stamp. But that's not all that fair, because the *fastest* guy was just the one with the best connection.

majin
06-07-2013, 07:45 AM
@Fire: if yours was the one I sniped, thanks :)

@Tyr: I agree. My choices are PP then CE then DC so IF (big IF) worst comes to worst, I will simply get / change to CE before the end. just wishing to see 0 again instead of the -4 in the next hour

PS. the only thing I'll miss most on CE is the extra lotus but free draft every week for life is worth it :)

Kami
06-07-2013, 07:51 AM
If they don't honour them,the decision would most likely be based time stamp. But that's not all that fair, because the *fastest* guy was just the one with the best connection.

Technically it wasn't fair to begin with. The majority who are able to cause it to go minus are using scripts.

nickon
06-07-2013, 07:53 AM
I am going to take credit for dropping that one. Glad to see that someone picked it up that didn't have one already.

Why'd you do that for? ;)

PowderedToastMan
06-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Congrats to you and your other half!!!!!

majin
06-07-2013, 07:58 AM
my wife had been very supportive, she knows I work hard and even though I earn more than others here, $370 is still almost 2x of the minum wage salary here in the Philippines but even if we only had collectors + king, we would have been content. this is just icing on the cake... now if only she can get an EBK :)

FireSummoner
06-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Why'd you do that for? ;)

I still have a Grand King, but it wasn't an easy decision. Biggest thing was time commitment per week for both drafts, but I hold the right to regret my decision in the future. :)

Tyrfang
06-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Technically it wasn't fair to begin with. The majority who are able to cause it to go minus are using scripts.

If you're not easily bored, you can probably do it faster with just manually hitting F5 and space than you could with a bot.

majin
06-07-2013, 08:09 AM
@tyr: tried that too and even combined it with her pc sniping for me but it less productive because if we hot the submit at almost the same time, we get an error (99% is because we have the same ip)

Mugaaz
06-07-2013, 08:11 AM
If you're not easily bored, you can probably do it faster with just manually hitting F5 and space than you could with a bot.

Not true.

majin
06-07-2013, 08:44 AM
-1 PP, 1 more dropping out for my slot to be safe :)

EDIT: PP is now 0, my spot is safe :)

Madican
06-07-2013, 09:46 AM

Nope. The script auto-refreshes and buys in one go. No human being can match it.

majin
06-07-2013, 09:51 AM
@madican: if you setup your browser not to ask a confirmation (see the original guide), you only need to keep pressing F5 to be as fast as the bot. you can't be too fast as it will give you an error from the KS site (found out about that the hard way)