PDA

View Full Version : hex.tcgbrowser.com ...yet another Hex DB

bogycoins
06-11-2013, 04:22 AM
Hello Hex fans,

I am happy to present to you a new HexTCG Database (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com)!

Currently, only the database is implemented, with more features coming in the following period, like deckbuilding, equipment searching and many more.

PS. For people already using www.tcgbrowser.com. The old site will be located at wow.tcgbrowser.com (http://wow.tcgbrowser.com) so update your bookmarks ;). Also the authentication system is the same for both sites, so you can use your old account.

Looking forward for your feedback, questions or comments.

Updated:
Deckbuilder is now in place.
Gems can now be socketed on socketable cards.
Wordpress and Joomla plugins can be found here (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/api).

theophanya
06-11-2013, 04:25 AM
Up!

stephenhii
06-11-2013, 04:28 AM
Having been using the WoW tcgbrowser for years, this will definitely become my default Hex db site. :)

jaxsonbateman
06-11-2013, 04:34 AM
Definitely approve - great job. It's visually appealing and looks easy to navigate.

Is there a bug or feedback form on the site? Just noticed that Mayor Galway is listed under PvP (although he doesn't have the PvE symbol, he's a PvE only card, and is only used by the computer - he's unobtainable).

theophanya
06-11-2013, 04:36 AM
If you click on the card image you see details and in the new popup in its rightmost upper corner there is a red attention sign.

Govir
06-11-2013, 04:37 AM
I like it. One suggestion though, can you add a filter that is specifically Keywords? i.e. A dropdown with the known keywords that basically just does a text search as if you entered that in the search box? I realize I could just type the keyword into the searchbox myself, but that requires me to know the keywords from memory.

jaxsonbateman
06-11-2013, 04:40 AM
I like it. One suggestion though, can you add a filter that is specifically Keywords? i.e. A dropdown with the known keywords that basically just does a text search as if you entered that in the search box? I realize I could just type the keyword into the searchbox myself, but that requires me to know the keywords from memory.
That'd be a good feature to eventually have. At the Magic: the Gathering official card search site (Gatherer, http://gatherer.wizards.com/) you can search the card's rules text for terms, which I think would work fine for this, and allow other applications (like looking for an action that does a certain thing, for example).

Voices
06-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Good stuff! Keep it coming.

MugenMusou
06-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Wow this is very clean, and easy filter (which I suggested to other sites but sort of got ignored..) So I love this. Great work so far.

Shiskebab
06-11-2013, 05:04 AM
great job!

Govir
06-11-2013, 05:06 AM
That'd be a good feature to eventually have. At the Magic: the Gathering official card search site (Gatherer, http://gatherer.wizards.com/) you can search the card's rules text for terms, which I think would work fine for this, and allow other applications (like looking for an action that does a certain thing, for example).

To clarify, his search field already searches the Rules Text of the card. If I type Escalation, I'll get the cards with Escalation. But coming from a programming background, making the UI idiot proof (i.e. spelling mistakes) is part of what we do.

madar
06-11-2013, 05:13 AM
at least for me, the site not loading in with IE8, i get a javascript error (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/live/hex.js?v=1123323232131)

with Firefox 21 it's loaded, but if i click to a card i can't close the details window. At least i was not able to figure out how.

edit: nevermind, i found it, i have to click away

Avignon
06-11-2013, 05:23 AM
Awesome stuff. I have used tcgbrowser for a year or two now for WoW TCG, and a familiar layout is great.

Now how much do we have to pay you to implement a draft feature to save us from our boredom? Should be doable given the great job you have done on the draft feature on the WoW side of it.

bogycoins
06-11-2013, 05:44 AM
at least for me, the site not loading in with IE8, i get a javascript error (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/live/hex.js?v=1123323232131)
The site makes heavy use of javascript and html5. Unfortunately, as we all know IE has a long history of not being compliant with the standards, especially the older versions. To get the best out of the site, i suggest upgrade IE to version 9 or 10, or if possible use the latest Chrome or Firefox.

madar
06-11-2013, 05:49 AM
is it possible to track somehow if new card added, and filter out which is new, or arrange to date of add? or if new set coming out, will be possible to filter out the new set? as wowhead can filter to "added in patch 5.3" for example

madar
06-11-2013, 05:52 AM
To get the best out of the site, i suggest upgrade IE to version 9 or 10, or if possible use the latest Chrome or Firefox.

Okay thank you, meanwhile i found the warning about this on the wow.tcgbrowser.com opening page. The Firefox doin' good, so i will use it, just i was confused with the card details window closing thingie, but is solved.

Chiany
06-11-2013, 06:06 AM
Awesome, used the WoW version always when I played Wow tcg in the past.

Can't wait for all the other features.

Dralon
06-11-2013, 06:14 AM
I was hoping you would create a Hex db, as I also have used the WoWTCG db you have quite a bit.
I also like how it pulls up the image that includes the equipment when you click on the cards.

Thanks.

bogycoins
06-11-2013, 06:28 AM
is it possible to track somehow if new card added, and filter out which is new, or arrange to date of add? or if new set coming out, will be possible to filter out the new set? as wowhead can filter to "added in patch 5.3" for example

When more sets will be out, there will be a set filter as well, that will let you check cards only from that specific set/block.

maniza
06-11-2013, 06:28 AM
great job thanks

ConnorJS
06-11-2013, 06:33 AM
You could add a 'List view' for deckbuilding, as I think the table style is easier to navigate. Just an opinion though, site looks great :).

Svenn
06-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Like this one! And it loads faster than the other site... :)

ramseytheory
06-11-2013, 07:31 AM
This is incredibly well put together! I especially like the easy filtering and the ability to choose a zoom level. I think there are a few minor improvements that could be made, though:

- Right now the colour filter seems to be slightly broken - setting it to two colours returns no results. There's also no option that I could find to display (e.g.) both wild cards and cards without a threshold. In a database these are minor issues, but in a deck builder they could be pretty annoying.

- AI-exclusive and token cards probably shouldn't be displayed by default. Failing that, you should be able to hide them with one click rather than six. (This will probably be more of an issue when we know hundreds of AI-exclusive cards rather than three...)

- Run with the big dogs, gnoll mauler and Mayor Galway are incorrectly classed as PVP cards (they're AI-exclusive PVE cards).

You could add a 'List view' for deckbuilding, as I think the table style is easier to navigate. Just an opinion though, site looks great :).

You can already do this with the zoom control in the top right corner.

Wombat
06-11-2013, 07:58 AM
havent read all the comments so the bug i found might be already in here:

if you select multiple colors, NO cards get selected, so you can only display either all colors or a single color at once.

jtatta
06-11-2013, 08:06 AM
This is amazing. Thank you so much!

jtatta
06-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Just a quick glance through the cards, it appears that the wrong version of Ragefire is shown. The correct one does two damage. I noticed this other version on their twitch stream but when Ben played it, it correctly did two damage. Other than that, all the cards look good and it's pretty well updated save for a few cards.

MatWith1T
06-11-2013, 08:27 AM
if you select multiple colors, NO cards get selected, so you can only display either all colors or a single color at once.

Love the layout and functionality.

The bug above jumped out to me immediately, as well as listing artifacts as a card type, instead of a color - while technically accurate, but (IMHO) gonna be a lot easier for visitors to organize cards/decks if Artifact is treated as a color/lack of color.

Badmoonz
06-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Just wanted to add a thank you. The site is very nice.

DjiN
06-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Amazing UI, still lacking deckbuilding and such. But was browsing some cards for a while there :p

PopEye
06-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Awesome job on the DB, i did wanted to inspect the cards in a better way, now i can :D
tyvm, bookmarked!.

bogycoins
06-11-2013, 11:01 AM
This one is fixed. Not a really bug tho, it was intended to show only cards that shared the selected color(s). It would have worked nice with two/three? colors cards, which i suppose they will introduce sometime..maybe...

Amazing UI, still lacking deckbuilding and such. But was browsing some cards for a while there :p
Deckbuilding is on the list ;)

However, I'm not sure if I should add a collection/wish/tradelist feature...

PS If you notice errors on cards, please use the red triangle in the top right corner of the card to report them. Thanks

DjiN
06-11-2013, 11:04 AM
However, I'm not sure if I should add a collection/wish/tradelist feature...

Would wait until we know the capabilities of the AH. Might be covered by CZE end already, but if not it would be a great feature to have for sure.

Tiuvath
06-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Thats a great site, adding it to my HEX favortites :)

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but I would really like also a dropdown selection menu for Traits like "Flight", "Escalation" etc

I know you can do it via search, but I am lazy and dont want to type it every time ;)

jtatta
06-11-2013, 12:14 PM
There's a card in there twice (Technical Genius and whatever the old card name was). Also Judgement isn't listed with the Diamond cards for whatever reason unless that was already fixed.

Are you going to have a WordPress plug in for this one like you do WoW?

BlindMan
06-11-2013, 12:36 PM
The varying "zoom" levels feature is outstanding. Overall, the site looks great. Thanks!

Zarien
06-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Wow I love all of the support from these databases and extra fan sites poppping up already lol. I've seen more than wow tcg ever had already.

Slish
06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Bookmarked! great work :)

mikonanaki
06-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Bump because I'm a fan of the tcgbrowser site and now having a HEX one is awesome!

cakedraftmasters
06-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Another great database. Do you guys still accept donations. I don't want this one to go away. I remember www.wowtcgdb.com when I first started wow and they stopped updating it because lack of community to help fund it.

Tyrfang
06-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Huh...

Maybe add a filter for socketed cards. Otherwise, really neat.

Chiany
06-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Another great database. Do you guys still accept donations. I don't want this one to go away. I remember www.wowtcgdb.com when I first started wow and they stopped updating it because lack of community to help fund it.

Good question, happy to offer some help this way.

Baigan
06-11-2013, 07:02 PM
This is definitely my favorite DB site so far. Thanks for taking the time to develop and share this!

I might be missing something, but it seems that once you've selected a card, the only way to view a different card is to click on it in the search results. Are there / would it be possible to add keyboard shortcuts that let you select the previous / next card in the search results without clicking?

bogycoins
06-12-2013, 01:22 PM
There's a card in there twice (Technical Genius and whatever the old card name was). Also Judgement isn't listed with the Diamond cards for whatever reason unless that was already fixed.

Are you going to have a WordPress plug in for this one like you do WoW?

Judgement card is fixed. And yes, we have a plugin in place. You can find an example here (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/api). It should work for any type of site basically. If you need help setting it up, just let me know.

Yes we do :) Check the mug button below filters.

This is definitely my favorite DB site so far. Thanks for taking the time to develop and share this!

I might be missing something, but it seems that once you've selected a card, the only way to view a different card is to click on it in the search results. Are there / would it be possible to add keyboard shortcuts that let you select the previous / next card in the search results without clicking?
There is actually such a feature, click the last button on the top right of the card viewer.

Thank you all for your kind words, feedback and bug reports. Keep'em coming :)

Goombus
06-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Looks very professional, awesome work!

Patrigan
06-12-2013, 01:41 PM
You seem to be missing some cards, for example Blood Thief.

http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/List_of_all_cards is currently the most up to date one, so feel free to use it as a reference. (we already have the cards recently spoiled at E3). Take care, some of the cards on the wiki are really incomplete, like http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Ascendant_Brilliance , but a wiki can afford having incomplete information ;) You can choose if you want these as well or not.

It's great to see tcgbrowser on board I always loved it for WoW. Bit afraid that soon one or two of the databases will fall.

cakedraftmasters
06-12-2013, 02:00 PM
I probably missed it, but is there a way to filter out the cards that are transformed cards?

Yesterday I was checking out the cards when I saw Soul Armaments. I did a double take at first because this card would be insanely powerful for only 1 resource. A few seconds later I realized it has to be a card that transformed from something else (Soul Marble). This filter would allow you to know what cards are legal to put into your initial 60 card deck.

bogycoins
06-12-2013, 02:08 PM
@Patrigan
Yea I know. In fact I do have them in DB, from the same source you mentioned :P I was hoping to find some better images, in some corner somewhere :) They'll be up eventually.

@Tim
If I'm not mistaken, all generated cards, one way or another, will be grey. So you can filter out them. I might have a nicer idea tho :)

DjiN
06-12-2013, 02:23 PM
nvm

Ben
06-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Very nice, thanks.

AstronauticFrog
06-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Easily my favorite database for Hex cards so far. Very nice job!

__X__
06-25-2013, 11:14 AM
I like it as well, but is the rarity search function missing for anyone else? It used to be there, iirc.

EntropyBall
06-25-2013, 01:28 PM
It would be nice to see Attack/Defense as a column in the list view, and as a line in the card tooltip, since those are sort of important numbers for Troops. Most of the time I think that will be more pressing information than the set.

Also, I'd rather see some other way of displaying "Faction" than coloring the type Grey/Red/Blue. When you are viewing a set of Ruby/Sapphire cards, its extremely confusing. The Rarity is similar, but at least in that case as you scan left to right, you come across the actual card color first. From what we've seen of Hex so far, I don't think the faction is going to be too relevant, especially in PVP.

Love the "Related Cards" thing, extremely useful!

__X__
06-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Hmm, now it seems to have the rarity search box back. Maybe it was just me.

bogycoins
06-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Hmm, now it seems to have the rarity search box back. Maybe it was just me.

You were right, there was a bug that made it disappear. Sorry for that :)

@EntropyBall
Nice ideas, I'll try to implement them. Sadly, I'm a bit busy this period so it might take some time to have everything in place.

Aradon
06-25-2013, 05:48 PM
This is easily the best site for Hex searching I've seen so far. The display of equipment next to the cards, along with comment boxes, is great. The only feature I'd suggest adding right now would be list a token's generator in the Related Cards section. For example, Blaze elemental would be related to the champion card that makes it.

Thanks for all the work; I'll be using this for all my card searching in the future :)

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like you've done that already :D Just saw a few that weren't linked, assumed it was the same for the rest.

bogycoins
06-26-2013, 03:49 PM
If you notice typos or wrong info on cards, don't hesitate to report the problem using the red exclamation mark icon on top right of the card.

Also, the tooltip and list view mode are updated. I hope like them :)

EntropyBall
06-26-2013, 05:28 PM
If you notice typos or wrong info on cards, don't hesitate to report the problem using the red exclamation mark icon on top right of the card.

Also, the tooltip and list view mode are updated. I hope like them :)

Like the updates quite a bit, the rarity coloring is very nice, list view is a great way to look at a bunch of cards.

Another suggestion is a filter for Unique cards. It doesn't appear to show up at all in the list view.

Also, it seems to me that Artifacts should be grouped as a color, rather than a Type. In MTG they are really like a 6th color, I expect Hex will be the same. Hard to say where some of the tokens should fit, because things like Boldheart and Vampire have a background color, but no threshold cost. And Black Tiger has an Artifact border but doesn't say "Artifact".

Lastly, the tooltips make sense for the card views (since they show the text), but I think showing the actual card would make more sense when you mouseover a card name in the list view (since you already see everything but the card text. It would also be nice if list view had the option of displaying card text in one of the columns, so you could just set up your search and read through all the cards without having to mouse over each one of interest.

snipun
06-26-2013, 06:33 PM
Looks cool.

Will you be updating this to include the doublebacks? Seems like it might require an image 1of3, 2of3, and 3of3 sort of functionality.

Shinsaku17
06-26-2013, 06:45 PM
@bogycoins - Very nicely done. I've been looking for a nice visual spoiler and the presentation and filter features are very pleasing. One suggestion is that I would find it much more useful if the mouse over (instead of being plain text) was an enlarged image of the card. Keep up the good work.

EntropyBall
07-24-2013, 11:56 AM
I really like this site, so I hope you don't mind if I keep making suggestions for it.
-In the deckbuilder, when viewing the "Deck" tab, I don't think it should apply your filters. You rarely are going to make a deck so large that you need to filter it, and I often find myself adding a few cards, changing my filters to find something else, then switching back to my Deck and not being able to see what I added. IMO, the Deck tab should just be an unfiltered view of what is in your deck.
-In the list view, when mousing over the card, the pop-up card image is great, but sometimes loads off (or partly off) the screen. Not sure how this is fixable on your end, but I know there are sites that have a slightly more intelligent mouseover feature that will shift the image up/down if the cursor is near the bottom/top of the screen.
-When you have 1 card in your deck and hit Ctrl+ to add 4 more, it would be nice if it added 3, rather than just telling you that you can't add 5. Also, with equipment, it is possible to have 5 Burns in your deck.

bogycoins
07-24-2013, 05:18 PM
I welcome suggestions or reporting problems, it really helps making the site better.

- The popup is fixed, it should never get off the screen anymore
- When switching from a tab to another the filters resets now, so your problem should be solved
- CTRL + is also fixed and fills up to 4 no matter how many you had before. As for cards like Burn, the problem is a bit more complex, but I'll find a working solution :)

EntropyBall
07-25-2013, 08:55 AM
I welcome suggestions or reporting problems, it really helps making the site better.

- The popup is fixed, it should never get off the screen anymore
- When switching from a tab to another the filters resets now, so your problem should be solved
- CTRL + is also fixed and fills up to 4 no matter how many you had before. As for cards like Burn, the problem is a bit more complex, but I'll find a working solution :)

Awesome thanks.

Maybe its just the way I build decks, but the filter reset doesn't help. Now, when I switch back and forth between my deck and the card pool, I lose all my filters. I'm making a R/D (R/W?) deck, so I set my filters to only show Ruby/Diamond/Artifact. I add a few cards, then I look over my deck, then I go back to add some more. Now my filters are gone and I have to reset them. This could be a real pain later when there are 1000s of cards and people need to use more detailed filters.

Can each tab remember the filters that were set for it? Or, if not, can filters just not apply to Deck/Sideboard.

Also, it seems Champions should be classified based on the shard they require, rather than being Artifacts. I couldn't find a way to find just R/D champions, though its not a big deal when there are only 20 of them.

EntropyBall
07-25-2013, 09:05 AM
In the deck analyze feature, the % Chance to Have X Resources are a useful reference. It would be cool if they updated to tell you the odds as you drew more cards. That way you could see the odds of getting 3 mana by your 3rd turn, for example.

bogycoins
07-26-2013, 03:22 AM
You were right with the filters, no much sense to reset them when you switch the tabs. Instead, now they will be remembered as you suggested. I've also updated the champions to be included in the color filter.

Regarding the analyze window, I'll look into it. I plan to add more statistics however, but I'm not sure what..and I might need the help of a mathematician to get the proper formulas.

EntropyBall
07-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Using Ctrl+ to add cards never lets you add more than 4 cards, so you have to add Sources 1 at a time now. I assume this is a bug from the previous "fill up to 4" fix.

As for the analyze, I assume you are using a Hypergeometric Distribution formula to calculate the numbers you currently have? If so, then its just a matter of updating the # cards drawn and recalculating. If not, then these formulas show you how to do it.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/3/8/2/382c5908d125a08662b2fedc22f4d02c.png = http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/c/f/5/cf53c9e57be2cdfe572da491e078d9ff.png
http://s3.gatheringmagic.com/uploads/2012/10/05/CM_5.jpg tells you the % chance to draw 'k' sources in 'n' card draws, using a deck of 'N' cards containing 'm' sources. I would suspect that whatever you are coding in has these functions available for use if you google for them.
More good information here: http://www.gatheringmagic.com/chrismascioli-100512-of-math-and-magic-part-1-the-hypergeometric-distribution/
and here:
http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?p=55148

EntropyBall
07-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Ctrl+ is really messed up now. Holding it adds 1 card, not holding it adds 0 cards, and will actually remove the card if you do it while in the Deck tab. You are probably working on this, but just an FYI.

bogycoins
07-26-2013, 04:07 PM
Should be fine now.

EntropyBall
07-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Everything seems to be working good now, thanks.

Have you given any thought to how to handle socketable cards?
My thought was that it would be neat if you could click on card (somehow) in your deck and select what gem to use, then the card stats/text would update to show you the modified values. This would probably be hard to do on your end, but would allow players to quickly see how that card fills out their curve, etc.

bogycoins
08-01-2013, 06:10 AM
I was thinking pretty much the same.

However, I started working on it and hit a problem. I'm not sure how gems will be handled in game, but I guess you can socket each card with a different gem. This is a problem, because right now I don't save each card separately, but only one and its amount. This means that you'll have the same gem on all copies of a card...

EntropyBall
08-01-2013, 06:16 AM
I was thinking pretty much the same.

However, I started working on it and hit a problem. I'm not sure how gems will be handled in game, but I guess you can socket each card with a different gem. This is a problem, because right now I don't save each card separately, but only one and its amount. This means that you'll have the same gem on all copies of a card...

From what I have read, you are correct that each card could be socketed with a different gem. I would think that most of the time, however, players will socket all copies of the card with the same gem. I'm sure there will be cases where people want to use different gems, but I think your current solution would probably be fine 95% of the time.

One other note about gems that you could maybe remind people as they are socketing, you need to have at least 1 threshold of that color when you play the socketed card, otherwise the gem is inactive. I wouldn't enforce that based on the resources they've added though, since there are cards that can produce extra threshold colors.

bogycoins
08-02-2013, 06:03 AM
Cards can now be socketed!

How does it work?
First of all you need to be in deckbuilding mode (it will not work when just browsing cards).
Open the card you want to socket.
Click on the socket area on card image.
Pick a gem.
Done!

After a card has been socketed, its cost/atk/def/text are updated according to the gem power. This should reflect in all tooltips, deck stats and wherever card stats are displayed or calculated.

Bonus: People asked some time ago for a Keywords filter. This is now added :)

nekoangel
08-02-2013, 09:41 AM
you are a legend as always my friend.
trying features out now!

EntropyBall
08-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Really nice.

If you haven't tried this Hex database yet, give it a try, its the best thing out there for deckbuilding.

bogycoins
08-07-2013, 01:08 AM
A new little feature has been added today:
The cards have a new tab 'Decks'. This contains the public decks where that card is used.

P.S. For people who wondered how exactly shared decks works. A deck is listed under shared decks tab if it fulfills the following 2 conditions:
- must be shared
- must have at least 60 cards

bogycoins
08-11-2013, 02:40 AM
Database updated with cards from all GenCon decks.

bogycoins
08-14-2013, 02:06 AM
Wordpress and Joomla (2.5) card tooltips are now available.

Wordpress plugin can be found here (http://wordpress.org/plugins/hex-tcgbrowser-card-tooltips/).
Joomla plugin can be found here (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/api/joomla_hex_tcgbrowser_tooltip.zip).

For more information and some examples go here (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/api).

If you need help installing it, or you would like a plugin for another platform, let me know and I'll do my best to help you.

Icepick
08-15-2013, 04:06 AM
Awesome, I shall check out the wordpress plugin later on!

hammer
08-15-2013, 04:42 AM
This is so awesome - brilliant, professional and easy to use.

Will you be adding alternate art versions of cards. For example we have seen two versions of Ragefire and two versions of Pack Raptor (the normal release art and the ks exclusive alt art). It would be nice to see all versions in the database though not essential.

Thanks
Hammer

bogycoins
08-16-2013, 03:18 AM
Yes, showing different versions of a card is a feature that is already planned ;)

Icepick
08-16-2013, 03:30 AM
Oh, I was going to mention here - I installed the WordPress plugin on Casual Hex last night, you can check it out here - http://www.casualhex.co.uk/2013/08/15/artifacts-anonymous/

Works great, though there is a small bug in the post editor where once you click the button a bunch of text gets highlighted oddly, and doesn't deselect until you manually select some of the same text. Hard to explain.

bogycoins
08-16-2013, 04:01 AM
Wierd...do you mean that other text then the one selected gets tagged?

Icepick
08-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Wierd...do you mean that other text then the one selected gets tagged?

Yeah. I'll select some text and click the card button. The selected text will be tagged properly and deselected, but text on either side of the tag will then be selected. It's pretty strange. It's not a massive problem, and can easily be corrected by simply manually selecting some of the incorrectly selected text, just a minor annoyance is all.

Icepick
08-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Just working on a new post now and noticed the specific behaviour of this bug - when you click the card button, all normal text before the <a> tag up to the previous tag will be fake-selected. So if you are creating the first card link in a paragraph, all previous text up to that <p> tag will be selected - if it's the second, all text between the previous </a> and the new <a> will be selected.
As I said, minor issue, but if you want to fix it I hope that helps!

bogycoins
08-18-2013, 07:27 AM
Ok, I got it. It looks like it's an Opera issue only. Has something to do with the implementation of the text editor in wordpress. Not much I can do...

bogycoins
08-19-2013, 12:10 PM
A new update was pushed on the site:

- Mercenaries are added
- Cards with alternate art can display the alternative images. As far as I know, only Ozawa, Cosmic Elder has both version released. If I'm wrong, please let me know which and where I can find others.

Kroan
08-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Ragefire has both art's released. You can find the alternate art on http://hexpromos.junemann.nl

hammer
08-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Ragefire has both art's released. You can find the alternate art on http://hexpromos.junemann.nl

Also Pack Raptor has both art's known though I think the Set I version is low resolution from a video so probably best to wait for clear image.

Icepick
09-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Just noticed that the Nelebrin Scout from GenCon never made it onto your DB. It appears to be a replacement for the Master Beast Rider.
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26976&page=2&p=284464&viewfull=1#post284464

bogycoins
09-04-2013, 12:47 PM
I guess I missed it. It is replaced now.

Thanks for heads up.

EntropyBall
09-13-2013, 11:16 AM
Now that this site is getting some more traffic, you should consider some alternate views for the Shared Deck page. Its a lot of loading/scrolling to see the 133 decks that are on there now. A more condensed list view would also make it easier to highlight the cool deck preview feature, which I just noticed for the first time today.

bogycoins
09-17-2013, 05:48 AM
This is a nice idea, I'll try to think of something. However, I'm not sure how much it would help, in time there will be more and more decks, and if you see 15 or 25 at once, when there are thousands of them, you'll still have to scroll quite a bit :) Don't forget you can use the filters and search box to narrow down the decks you are interested in. One thing I want to add are tags/labels, which will help grouping decks in different categories. Maybe also adding some sorting might help.

On a different matter, I have updated the wordpress plugin with some changes, so I recommend to all who use it, to go update it, and for those who don't go grab it from http://wordpress.org/plugins/hex-tcgbrowser-card-tooltips/

Icepick
09-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Just updated and now the plugin doesn't seem to be working at all... ( http://www.casualhex.co.uk/2013/09/14/robots-revolt/ )
The links aren't previewing the cards or even functioning as links.

bogycoins
09-18-2013, 12:54 AM
Can you try to remove and reinstall it? It looks like the plugin is not loaded at all into your site.

Icepick
09-18-2013, 03:04 AM
Ah, I guess some filenames had changed and it didn't reactivate properly after updating. Re-activating it did the job, so it's working again now.

EntropyBall
09-19-2013, 12:45 PM
This is a nice idea, I'll try to think of something. However, I'm not sure how much it would help, in time there will be more and more decks, and if you see 15 or 25 at once, when there are thousands of them, you'll still have to scroll quite a bit :) Don't forget you can use the filters and search box to narrow down the decks you are interested in. One thing I want to add are tags/labels, which will help grouping decks in different categories. Maybe also adding some sorting might help.

Yeah, I meant that the list view would give some more sorting/filtering options as well. Perhaps the most useful thing would be a rating system, so the better and more interesting decks could stand out once there are 1000s on there.

bogycoins
09-19-2013, 03:36 PM
I have added some sorting for decks (most liked, commented, updated, created). I hope this helps with finding decks more easily. As for adding some more filters, to be honest I'm not sure what might be useful. On WoW TCG Browser (http://wow.tcgbrowser.com) there are some related to format legality, which don't apply here yet, or some like Lazy Peon (pauper) or Solo, which also don't really apply on Hex. I guess I could do a pauper filter, or however it will be called, but more than that... I could use some suggestions :)

bogycoins
09-24-2013, 08:15 AM
New update on the deckbuilder!

The Deck Analysis window now contains the chances of being resource screwed/flooded based on key drop slot. I am by no mean a specialist in this kind of calculations, so I've used the mechanism described in this article (http://hextcgpro.com/?p=665)on hextcgpro.com. As far as I tested, seems to work fine, but if you discover some bad bahaviour, please let me know.

Icepick
09-24-2013, 09:07 AM
That is very cool, good stuff.

bogycoins
10-03-2013, 03:27 AM
From now on it is possible to import decks by copy/paste decks list from any forum or blog or whatever site. As long as it match a certain format and the card names are identical with the ones from the database, the import should go smoothly. If some cards are unidentified, you will be notified of these and you'll be able to add them manually.

Some examples:

Champion: Poca, The Conflagrater
4 Arena Brawler
3 Bombsmith

Mercenary: Bebo
4x Bombsmith
23x Ruby Shard

And I also want to let you know that all spoiled cards so far are added to the database ;)

Slish
10-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Awesome! I like the import decks addition.

bogycoins
10-09-2013, 08:36 AM
So Alpha is around the corner. First round of cards were spoiled. And TCGBrowser (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com) has them all! :D

Beside this huge db update, I also want to show you another feature that was added. As we all know, the cards will have a 'double back' and an unlockable 'extended art'. These two can be seen by clicking on the corresponding buttons, but only for cards where the images are available (currently we have an example of double back for Pack Raptor and extended art for Demolition).

EA display

Double back display

Aradon
10-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Thanks for getting the new cards up and running! Been wanting to play around with the new spoils, but had to wait.
Now, time to re-rare all of them, I guess. Some cards were pretty significantly altered. Phoenix Guard Aeronaut, anyone? :P

Excellent database. Even beats the MtG Gatherer, imo, which was perfectly functional.

hex_colin
10-09-2013, 09:28 AM
So Alpha is around the corner. First round of cards were spoiled. And TCGBrowser (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com) has them all! :D

Beside this huge db update, I also want to show you another feature that was added. As we all know, the cards will have a 'double back' and an unlockable 'extended art'. These two can be seen by clicking on the corresponding buttons, but only for cards where the images are available (currently we have an example of double back for Pack Raptor and extended art for Demolition).

EA display

Double back display

Very nice! Awesome work getting them up so quickly.

Hopefully we'll have access to an API at some point in the future to make the process significantly easier!

bogycoins
10-09-2013, 10:30 AM
I really hope that :)

jtatta
10-09-2013, 10:36 AM
You do excellent work on the database and we try to promote you as much as possible on HexTCGPro. Thanks again for the WordPress plug in and all that you do.

hex_colin
10-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Thanks again for the WordPress plug in and all that you do.

Incredibly useful!!!

dogmod
10-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Ha... just through out all the practice I had done drafting... gotta wait till the full reveal now

hex_colin
10-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Ha... just through out all the practice I had done drafting... gotta wait till the full reveal now

This is why, as tempting as it was, I was shying away from learning the cards, and card analysis and metagame-related content (even before I was privy to some of the changes) - I didn't want most of it to be outdated by the time we actually had the cards.

bogycoins
10-10-2013, 01:58 AM
I just added a new checkbox filter 'Alpha'. It should be used to filter out cards that are not scripted in the game yet. If you find any card I missed, please let me know.

Skirovik
10-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Really appreciate all the work you do, bogycoins. I now exclusively use your database. :)

Simo46
10-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Oh, just found this thread. I've probably built a dozen decks before the new spoilers came in and what you guys have done is amazing. Thank you