PDA

View Full Version : Missed the kickstarter? Look here before posting about it!

Apparition
06-11-2013, 09:56 PM
I am just a community member/kickstarter backer. My views do not reflect those of CZE, etc etc.

First - I, and others are sad to hear you missed out on the kickstarter. The kickstarter was definitely a good deal, but it's certainly not necessary to play and have a good time. Right now you may be mad, angry, or disappointed. OMG I WANT KICKSTARTER!!111

Unfortunately, the kickstarter ended and CZE promised they would not re-open the kickstarter tiers. I'm sure they would love to help more people get in, but if CZE goes back on their word, they will lose the trust of their players. You want a company you can trust, don't you?

So, what can you do now that the kickstarter is over?

1. Become a slacker backer (the best option if you're interested in the game)

2. Pout and refuse to play because you didn't get in on time.

3. Wait until the game is released and test it out then.

The slacker value is not as value packed as the old kickstarter tiers, I won't lie. However, it is still a good value. Have you ever seen a game that you thought was super cool and then applied for beta, only to wait until the game goes retail before you can play? I have, and it sucks! By becoming a slacker backer you will not only get in Beta, but you will also get an Alpha invite. I think that alone is reason enough to become a slacker backer if this kind of game interests you. On top of that, you'll have a decent card pool and get cards a little cheaper than people can buy them when the game is released. Oh, and did I mention they aren't resetting stuff from Beta, so you can get a nice head start before release? Seems like good enough reasons to buy slacker backer to me.

Plus, look on the bright side. If any of you play MTG like I do, you're not even really missing anything that special. You know what I wish? I wish I could buy some Force of Wills and dual lands for less than $1000, but I can't. That means I can't play with those cards at all, but I can still play magic and have fun, even if it's frustrating to not have access to cards I want. Spectral Lotuses and Spectral Lotus Gardens won't be that rare so you'll be able to buy plenty (Spectral Lotuses) on the AH, I reckon.

But hey, some of you will still be upset that you didn't get in early and will refuse to play. We're sorry about that, but when we say there's nothing we can do, there really isn't.

Virus
06-11-2013, 09:57 PM
yay another kickstarter thread!

Apparition
06-11-2013, 09:58 PM
yay another kickstarter thread!

We need more, obviously.

nearlysober
06-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Edit your original post and remove #'s 2-4.

Slacker backer is the only option. I'm tired of people here trying to scalp their tier, it's shameful.

I wish CZE would ban all threads about selling/trading tiers on these forums.

Slackerbacker and join the community. It's the only official option.

Apparition
06-11-2013, 10:04 PM

Slacker backer is the only option. I'm tired of people here trying to scalp their tier, it's shameful.

Becoming a slacker backer is not the only option. People can certainly wait until release, or not play at all. If you could link me to something showing that selling a tier is illegal or a violation of ToS, then I will be glad to edit my post.

Gwaer
06-11-2013, 10:06 PM
lol at #4 not being an official option. That's funny stuff.

DjiN
06-11-2013, 10:30 PM

Not as sober as advertised.

Mike411
06-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Becoming a slacker backer is not the only option. People can certainly wait until release, or not play at all. If you could link me to something showing that selling a tier is illegal or a violation of ToS, then I will be glad to edit my post.

There was a guy named kenlau selling a tier, and his thread got deleted/moved. As for proof, there's a locked thread that refers to it at http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=25118 - and also the thread was popular so I'm sure a bunch of people would back me up.

Apparition
06-11-2013, 10:48 PM
There was a guy named kenlau selling a tier, and his thread got deleted/moved. As for proof, there's a locked thread that refers to it at http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=25118 - and also the thread was popular so I'm sure a bunch of people would back me up.

Okay, OP is edited with that in mind.

Arbiter
06-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Personally, I would only recommend slacker backer to those that want early access. With all of the boosters in the game at the start, I honestly think a new player will get a better deal with platinum and the in game AH. I want them to try it out and to see them in there, but I think in game will be a much cheaper place for boosters and cards.

Early access is a good option though.

Blowfeld
06-12-2013, 01:03 AM
Well, if you missed the original Kickstarter, this here is an even more amazing project and the rewards are mind blowing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSR3h1wUoS8

My favourite reward is the 50$ one. Can't wait for my photo...:cool:

Banquetto
06-12-2013, 04:19 AM
Personally, I would only recommend slacker backer to those that want early access. With all of the boosters in the game at the start, I honestly think a new player will get a better deal with platinum and the in game AH.

Agreed 100%. I have no doubt whatsoever that at launch you'll be able to get more cards by buying plat and shopping in the AH, than you would ever get for the same amount of money spent on a Slacker Backer.

majin
06-12-2013, 06:39 AM
my favourite reward is the 50$ one. Can't wait for my photo...:cool:

pledged!!

Zomnivore
06-12-2013, 07:27 AM
I think that if you should consider it if you think you'd buy boosters after the launch for set one.

If you think thats a high probability then buy a slacker backer maybe even another one if you think the card variety in the decks is gonna be something you want.

I doubt people will get a much-much better deal on the AH then the KS or the slacker backer provides when its launch time.

Its still a savings over the normal cost of stuff. I don't think you're going to find many ksers to be as charitable with their packs as you think. These guys are hardcore card sharking after all.