PDA

View Full Version : "Summoning sickness" after transformation?

Rapkannibale
06-12-2013, 03:44 AM
Hi,

I hope this hasn't been asked before but I was wondering. If a troop transforms into another troop, does it gain "summoning sickness" again or not? Or even if a constant transforms into a troop, does that troop then have "summoning sickness"?

For the non Magic players, "summoning sickness" basically just means that a creature/troop cannot attack the turn it comes into play.

It does present this question though because often troops transform into other troops with different names so technically that transformed troop just came into play, which would mean unless it has speed it couldn't attack until the next turn.

We might have to wait for the rules to come out, but maybe a dev will come this way and throw us a bone, or maybe someone already has info on this. :)

KingBlackstone
06-12-2013, 03:45 AM
It does not.

Rapkannibale
06-12-2013, 03:45 AM
It does not.

Would you mind sharing where you got this info from? :)

Oaka23
06-12-2013, 04:27 AM
This brings up a very important, but almost completely unmentioned subject.

Apparently summoning sickness in this game is called "Troop Trauma"

newnameplz

wallofomens
06-12-2013, 04:30 AM
Apparently summoning sickness in this game is called "Troop Trauma"

Hahaha... Where did you see that, it sounds ridiculous. :D

Also, my guess is that they don't get summoning sickness.

Oaka23
06-12-2013, 04:33 AM
http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/TalentTreeWarrior.jpg the level 12 passive

MrSeriousBsns
06-12-2013, 04:35 AM
Under the http://hextcg.com/howtoplay/ section, they specifically state "However, troops can’t attack the turn that they enter play." This implies that if a card is transformed into a troop on any other turn than when it enters play, it can attack. At least, that's how I interpret it.

Malicus
06-12-2013, 04:42 AM
I like troop trauma - it is no more ridiculous than summoning sickness we are just more used to that. Though recruitment or deployment fatigue would work for me.

ossuary
06-12-2013, 04:56 AM
Fatigue would make more sense to me, since when you tap a card you exhaust it. Those two terms go together naturally.

As to the OP, I would expect it to function pretty much the same as Magic. The troop can't attack or otherwise be exhausted the turn it comes into play. If you cast a card that isn't a troop, but turn it into a troop on the same turn, then you can't tap it that turn. If the card is transformed on a later turn, it was already in play, so it no longer has "troop trauma" (yeah that term sucks).

As always, this is just speculation until official Hex rules come out about it.

panzer
06-12-2013, 05:14 AM
I thought it was card specific. I thought I remember seeing cards that said 'if killed something something enter play exhausted".

I could be wrong don't quote me.

Rapkannibale
06-12-2013, 07:17 AM
I thought it was card specific. I thought I remember seeing cards that said 'if killed something something enter play exhausted".

I could be wrong don't quote me.

Exhausted is something else. It is the same as "tapped" from Magic.

Grissnap
06-12-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm just going to make the assumption that they are going to treat transformed cards like cards in wow tcg where they use the wording "X becomes Y".

In those cases, the card is still considered the same card. Exhausted cards would remain exhausted, and it would be considered to have been in play at the start of the turn, but all previous damage/buffs/debuffs all get "overwritten". It seems to make the most sense in the context of the transforming cards I have seen, but who knows, it might not be so.

Tathel
06-12-2013, 09:02 AM
They should call summoning sickness something along the line of Readying, Appraising, Taking Stock, Slowed, Disorientation.

I think i like the sound of "I just played him so he's 'Disoriented'" or "target Disoriented troop becomes Aware"

And change Haste (Speed) to Awareness.

Govir
06-12-2013, 10:30 PM
As to the OP, I would expect it to function pretty much the same as Magic. The troop can't attack or otherwise be exhausted the turn it comes into play.

Just as an FYI, in Magic there are ways to tap cards that have Summoning Sickness. Specifically if another card initiates it.
e.g. Master of the Wild Hunt (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=191064)
The Wolves come into play with Summoning Sickness, but his ability will tap even SS wolves.

Similarly any ability that an opponent may play that taps creatures can affect creatures with Summoning Sickness.

Again in Magic terms, I believe Summoning Sickness prevents the creature from initiating Attacking or using any of it's own abilities that require it to tap.

So the corollary is that Troop Trauma (which may actually just be called Trauma, where the Troop is a modifying word i.e. Troops entering play have Trauma -> Troop Trauma) will allow Troops to still be Exhausted perhaps via cards like the Concubunny (http://hextcg.wikia.com/wiki/Concubunny).