PDA

View Full Version : Draft and Draught

Tathel
06-12-2013, 07:13 AM
We all know that certain beers pair well with certain foods

But what will you be drinking to pair perfectly with your deck!

I think

St. Ambroise oatmeal stout (http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/st-ambroise-oatmeal-stout)

Would pair nice with a Dwarf Deck.
- Stout meets Stout
- The dark colouring represents the oil from their machines
- It has a wonderful earthy taste

jai151
06-12-2013, 07:23 AM
I haven't seen the full card list to know for sure if it's doable (nor has anyone outside CZE, for that matter), but I've always loved Mill/Necro decks. I think Stone's Arrogant Bastard would pair well with that style, a beer that's not for everyone to match a deck that's not for everyone. And with as control oriented as those decks tend to be, the name just says it all.

ShaolinRaven
06-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Strongbow - Pairs well with an Elf or ranged Human inspire deck.

Lucid - Wild Plant/Fey deck with a splash of Saphire for control.

Tyrfang
06-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Homebrew.
</thread>

Grissnap
06-12-2013, 08:34 AM
*slowclap*

Tathel
06-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Homebrew.
</thread>
lol

Shin'hare Blood Deck - Hoppy Bunny American Black Ale (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/9790/80673)

MatWith1T
06-12-2013, 08:47 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_A_opcg_BeKs/TILJ22BEYmI/AAAAAAAABjw/EBXWS6g8IWE/s400/Magic+Hat+Hex+Ourtoberfest.jpg

billybogota
06-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Sun King Brewing "Zaius" Oatmeal Stout -- Dwarf Deck
Sun King Brewing "Stupid Sexy Flanders" Oud Bruin -- Elf Deck
...but I'm biased because I work there. :)

quaza
06-12-2013, 06:04 PM
I guess I'm a child at heart. I shall be drinking my cans of cream soda.

Tyrfang
06-12-2013, 06:07 PM

I wonder if they even carry that around here (NJ).

Ramshackal
06-12-2013, 06:13 PM
Just a recommendation for any of you in Canada (maybe available in the US too?) that enjoy IPAs. Check these out:
1. Fat Tug IPA by Driftwood
2. Switchback IPA by Lighthouse
3. Red Racer IPA by Central City

billybogota
06-12-2013, 06:17 PM
I wonder if they even carry that around here (NJ).
We don't get that far east (yet!), but if you're ever out for Gen Con, we do a signature beer for the Con, and we have a beer garden right down the street from it this year. We do go to various beer festivals around the US, so keep an eye out, you might see us after all and get down on some of our boozy goodness.

Punk
06-12-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm going to be honest, I will probably be drinking PBR with all of my decks.

Zillah
06-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Eventhough I enjoy a good beer with friends, when playing Hex, I will probably drink the gods nectar : coffee !

Draugr
06-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Bourbon goes with everything.

OysterPrime
06-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Sam Adams and Stone Ruination IPA are my beers of choice, so it will probably be one of those. I also have a local brewery in my area that brews some really good chocolate porter.

Tyrfang
06-12-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm going to be honest, I will probably be drinking PBR with all of my decks.

Punks.

Malicus
06-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Tequila shots every time a bunny is born

OysterPrime
06-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Tequila shots every time a bunny is bornDon't do that, man. Your liver is gonna fail.:p

Moondancer
06-12-2013, 10:03 PM
well the obvious one is for your burn deck would be Fireball.

Mostly 12 year old scotch on the rocks.

Tathel
06-13-2013, 11:13 AM

I love the look of your bottles!
But I'm in canada so I assume I won't find any around here to try.
Also I think this officially seals Oatmeal Stout as the beer of Hex Dwarves.

well the obvious one is for your burn deck would be Fireball.

Mostly 12 year old scotch on the rocks.

On the rocks, hopefully whiskey stones! Whiskey Stones (http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ba37/)

I too love scotch my favorite 12 year is Glenfiddich

Incidentally if you are a Scotch lover I recommend trying Japanese whiskey if you ever get the chance.
I tried a bottle of "Nikka Taketsuru Pure Malt 12" this month and it is very similar to scotch and would be labeled as such if it were made in scotland.

Kalium
06-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Going with:
Labatt Blue - Human Decks
Dos Equis - Vampire Decks
and
Blue Moon for my bunny making err,... Wild Decks

Ju66ernaut
06-13-2013, 12:27 PM
On the rocks, hopefully whiskey stones!

Boy, I love the idea of whiskey stones.....but I just don't like using them. Pouring a glass of Jameson on the rocks, then giving it about minutes for the ice to start to melt just a bit really opens up the flavores for me. If not diluted a hair, the complex flavors are just a bit too concentrated for my liking. Don't follow the crowd! Ice is nice! :-)

Ju66ernaut
06-13-2013, 12:28 PM
On the rocks, hopefully whiskey stones!

Boy, I love the idea of whiskey stones.....but I just don't like using them. Pouring a glass of Jameson on the rocks, then giving it about minutes for the ice to start to melt just a bit really opens up the flavores for me. If not diluted a hair, the complex flavors are just a bit too concentrated for my liking. Don't follow the crowd! Ice is nice! :-)

Tathel
06-13-2013, 12:38 PM

True enough, it is mostly a preference thing ^_^

I drink almost all alcohol at room temperature, or the same temperature i keep my wine at (depending on the space available in my wine fridge).

I mostly have whiskey stones for when my friends come over; or for some reason, I like Forty Creek significantly better below room temperature so i use them in that.

Vibraxus
06-13-2013, 12:40 PM
I like how my Hexers think. Opening day I shall celebrate with Guinness of course. After that, its vodka tonics.

Tyrfang
06-13-2013, 01:04 PM
I like how my Hexers think. Opening day I shall celebrate with Guinness of course. After that, its vodka tonics.

Replace the Vodka with Gin, and you're set.

PowderedToastMan
06-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Ice Cold Chocolate Milk for me guys.... :)

Moondancer
06-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Replace the Vodka with Gin, and you're set.

The main problem with gin is it tastes way to much like gin much to my surprise when i had my first martini.

Tathel
06-13-2013, 03:55 PM
The main problem with gin is it tastes way to much like gin much to my surprise when i had my first martini.

I remember my first G&T just as well as I remember my last, EXACTLY as well.

Pentregarth
06-13-2013, 04:20 PM
I really have to get another case of Gaildorfer Spezial (http://www.brauerei-haeberlen.de/bierspezialitaeten-spezial.html) one of these days...the things we do for good beer ^^

Monarch
06-13-2013, 05:28 PM
As a likely player of Dwarves...
... probably nitroglycerin with a chaser of motor oil.

billybogota
06-13-2013, 06:33 PM
I love the look of your bottles!
But I'm in canada so I assume I won't find any around here to try.
Also I think this officially seals Oatmeal Stout as the beer of Hex Dwarves.

I'll have to see when we're brewing it again -- maybe I'll have it by the time the beta launches :)
Unfortunately we don't supply that far north -- but we're still growing, so it might happen down the road. Keep an eye out at beer festivals, or if you ever come to Gen Con, drop me a line and I'll hook you up!