PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Chests - Whats in them/Things we would like to see in them.

Psylacus
06-12-2013, 01:09 PM
So I have heard the following:

Chests Can Contain:
More Boosters
PVE Cards
PVP Cards
Sleeves
Equipment
Mercs*

What People Would Like to See:
Foiling Ink - Instant Foiling of the Card
Cosmetic Pets
Cosmetic Extras/Changes to Champions
Platinum (In game currency)
Cosmetic Upgrades for Keeps/Guilds
Card Alt Art
Alt Spell Effects (Toggle-able)
Crafting Materials
Cosmetic Taunts/Dance Humor Commands
Out of Print Cards/Booster Packs - If they stop "Selling Sets"
Unglued like - humor cards
Treasure Maps/Quests - Potential SPECIAL one time dungeons that have awesome loot at the end
New Play Mats
Recipe Drops (Depending on Crafting Implementation)
Custom Victory/Defeat Screens

What else am i missing, what else would people like to see.

CoS
06-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Gold for sure. I would like to see Plat or event tix as well.

jaxsonbateman
06-12-2013, 01:11 PM
I don't think they should contain plat (as that's almost as though they'd contain cash which isn't ideal imo), but I wouldn't mind them having draft entry tokens, that pay for entry into one draft. A think a lot of people would find that useful.

Tyrfang
06-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Probably mercenaries would be added to packs, just so people get an added incentive to open the chests themselves?

(Mercenaries aren't tradeable).

I'm pretty sure the draft tickets are just going to BE platinum, because there's no reason to have another artificial currency.

Stok3d
06-12-2013, 01:12 PM
The ever-so-elusive magical foiling ink. This legendary drop has just enough ink to completely foil out a card without having to lvl it via XP.

Erebus
06-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Custom Champion Art of PVP and PVE
Keep Upgrades (mostly cosmetic)
Deck Pets (0/1 Troops that start in play, can't attack, can't block, can't be the target of spells or effect. If it would be sent to the graveyard or deck return it to play). Just something fun/good luck charm.

Tathel
06-12-2013, 01:15 PM
So if Sleeves are in chests and random... I'm guessing they will become secondary market collector items too? That's pretty cool, guess I see why they don't wanna just sell them now.

Best part is sleeves will retain value through life of game because they obviously don't cycle with standard block!

They should have gave Collector a AA sleeve every year too ^_^ *dreams*

CoS
06-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Event tix = Plat I agree. Just give plat and avoid tix all together.

Psylacus
06-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Updated with some of the suggestions.

Icepick
06-12-2013, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing alternate art for common cards in there. Hell, maybe even alternate art for resource cards, that would be cool.
Another thing that might be cool is "card fragments", pieces of a card that you assemble into a full card once you have enough of them. There would be one of these cards in each set. Nothing crazy or super-overpowered or anything, just a neat little collectable.

Tyrfang
06-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Custom Champion Art of PVP and PVE
Keep Upgrades (mostly cosmetic)
Deck Pets (0/1 Troops that start in play, can't attack, can't block, can't be the target of spells or effect. If it would be sent to the graveyard or deck return it to play). Just something fun/good luck charm.

I'd rather not have board cluttering deck pets. Maybe something like a card-protector-style deck-pet, that sits on the top of your library EDIT: or graveyard.

Shadowelf
06-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Probably mercenaries would be added to packs, just so people get an added incentive to open the chests themselves?

I think that Cory confirmed that at E3 stream;

Tathel
Another thing that might be cool is "card fragments", pieces of a card that you assemble into a full card once you have enough of them. There would be one of these cards in each set. Nothing crazy or super-overpowered or anything, just a neat little collectable.

This would be cool, or merge it in with the crafting with recipes and ingredients.

Psylacus
More Updates :)!

Gwaer
Okay, whenever I move a card on the board, or it would move on its own, a random pet you own flashes onto the board and drags/pushes/pulls/rotates the card at the exact same game speed it would normally have moved, then winks out of existence!

When you have multiple pets and lots of card actions happen at the same time, a different one takes care of each action!

Tathel
06-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Okay, whenever I move a card on the board, or it would move on its own, a random pet you own flashes onto the board and drags/pushes/pulls/rotates the card at the exact same game speed it would normally have moved, then winks out of existence!

When you have multiple pets and lots of card actions happen at the same time, a different one takes care of each action!

As long as there is a way that i can turn off seeing your pets. I'm fine with any of it hahaha

dogmod
06-12-2013, 01:24 PM

Everytime I have 10 unused resources accumulated I want my pet to poop on my opponents deck for good luck

Mike411
06-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Event tickets don't exist here, just platinum, which is the #1 thing I would want to get. Boosters being #2.

Shadowelf
06-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Am i evil if i want a pet to zulu dance on top my opponent's library when he is mana screwed ? :P

Dralon
06-12-2013, 01:29 PM
What I would want to know is if there will be any account bound items, such as sleeves that are not tradeable.

That could certainly affect how I combine my tiers.

Tathel
06-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Am i evil if i want a pet to zulu dance on top my opponent's library when he is mana screwed ? :P

I think this is a natural and healthy urge

Psylacus
06-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Updated.
Also what does everyone think of like one time consumables that grant EXP to a Merc/Champion or Card foily process, yada yada. These are not something that are to be sold for plat like a boost but just a random reward.

Tyrfang
06-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Updated.
Also what does everyone think of like one time consumables that grant EXP to a Merc/Champion or Card foily process, yada yada. These are not something that are to be sold for plat like a boost but just a random reward.

No on XP potions. Makes people feel like they are directly buying "power" more than just a mercenary or card unlock.

Tathel
06-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Updated.

I've never much been into artificial boost to levelling and such, And since i am not much interested in it to me it dilutes the pool of things i do want that will be in a chest so i would vote no ^_^

jgsugden
06-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Alternate Art cards.
Draft Tickets.
PvE cards.
PvE equipment.
Sleeves.
Prerelease Tickets for the next expansion.
Packs.
PvP single cards.
Recycling bins (Select any number of cards in your collection to return to Crypotozoic. For every X eliminated, gain a free booster pack).
Tickets for free drafts.
Animations (visuals that happen when you play a certain card)
Sound effects (audio that happens when you play a certain card)
Early access to cards from an upcoming set that have been previewed
VIP Membership
Gift Certificate Code (code you can give a friend that will give new players some additional starting product - and give you product when that new player has played X games)
Prank Cards (Holiday Themed Cards, 'Unglued' style cards that are not tourney legal, etc...)
Vanity Cards (Just like the KS - a very small number of people win the chance to have their face on a card in a future expansion, or your image in one of the PvE locations)
New backgrounds (for the PvP screens)
Out of Print Cards
Credits towards the purchase of Hex paraphanelia (T-shirt, figures, etc...)
Theme Music access (different tunes that can be playing in the background when it is your turn in a match)
Treasure Map (the chest has a list of achievements to complete - when you do them all you get a good sized haul of booty)
Guaranteed 'New to You' card (A random card from the current expansion that you do not own - if you have all of them you get a Legendary instead?)
Formulas (the chest has a list of cards. You can drag those cards onto the list from your collection. Once all of them are dragged onto the chest, they turn into something cool like a legendary or boosters)
'God Mode' (For 24 hours you're treated as if you have 4 of every card and all items, but you can't trade or sell the phantom ones).

Psylacus
06-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Some Good Stuff in there @Jsnugden will updated after some community feedback.

Daer
06-12-2013, 01:56 PM
- An entirely different TCG game
- Unicorns
- World peace

Delrusant
06-12-2013, 01:56 PM
I am pretty sure corry said during the E3 live that mercs could come from the chests.

Psylacus
06-12-2013, 01:59 PM
@Daer
- Souls of Kittens
- Coupons for select Pizza Joints :)

Talreth
06-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Alternate Art cards.
Draft Tickets.
PvE cards.
PvE equipment.
Sleeves.
Prerelease Tickets for the next expansion.
Packs.
PvP single cards.
Recycling bins (Select any number of cards in your collection to return to Crypotozoic. For every X eliminated, gain a free booster pack).
Tickets for free drafts.
Animations (visuals that happen when you play a certain card)
Sound effects (audio that happens when you play a certain card)
Early access to cards from an upcoming set that have been previewed
VIP Membership
Gift Certificate Code (code you can give a friend that will give new players some additional starting product - and give you product when that new player has played X games)
Prank Cards (Holiday Themed Cards, 'Unglued' style cards that are not tourney legal, etc...)
Vanity Cards (Just like the KS - a very small number of people win the chance to have their face on a card in a future expansion, or your image in one of the PvE locations)
New backgrounds (for the PvP screens)
Out of Print Cards
Credits towards the purchase of Hex paraphanelia (T-shirt, figures, etc...)
Theme Music access (different tunes that can be playing in the background when it is your turn in a match)
Treasure Map (the chest has a list of achievements to complete - when you do them all you get a good sized haul of booty)
Guaranteed 'New to You' card (A random card from the current expansion that you do not own - if you have all of them you get a Legendary instead?)
Formulas (the chest has a list of cards. You can drag those cards onto the list from your collection. Once all of them are dragged onto the chest, they turn into something cool like a legendary or boosters)
'God Mode' (For 24 hours you're treated as if you have 4 of every card and all items, but you can't trade or sell the phantom ones).

Draft tickets/prerelease tickets/early access/VIP membership/Gift code/Recycling bins/Vanity Cards - No.

AA cards, pvp cards, tshirt credits etc, new to you cards - Maybe

PvE cards/equips, sleeves, packs, holiday promo cards, new backgrounds, animations/sound effects, treasure map, music, formulas - Sure

Mike411
06-12-2013, 02:12 PM
@jgsugden: So many good ideas!

Particularly, I support:
-Draft tickets
-Prerelease tickets
-Recycling bins
-VIP
-Treasure map
-Formulas

nearlysober
06-12-2013, 02:16 PM
The main thing I want to see in treasure chests is nothing being exclusive to treasure chests.

That would be a horrible way of locking content behind a paywall.
And randomized at that.

Talreth
06-12-2013, 02:16 PM
-Draft tickets
Free money.

-Prerelease tickets
Free money.

-Recycling bins
Also free money

-VIP
Still free money

-Treasure map
-"New to you" card
-Formulas

Aaaannnddd finally content

Talreth
06-12-2013, 02:17 PM
The main thing I want to see in treasure chests is nothing being exclusive to treasure chests.

That would be a horrible way of locking content behind a paywall.

Is there something somewhere that says PvE doesn't drop chests?

nearlysober
06-12-2013, 02:20 PM
They've mentioned chests in PvE... not sure they're the same chests that come from boosters.

I'm fine with the treasure chests containing whatever random assortment of items they want.
But if a treasure chest in a booster pack is ONLY way to obtain some item, it'll suck.

Then you're basically buying lottery tickets trying to obtain something. Which we sorta already are doing with cards :) but that is acceptable given the TCG nature of the game.

Hopefully they're aware of this and it won't be the case. They've shown great judgement so far.

Talreth
06-12-2013, 02:22 PM
I just think it's dumb that a lot of the people come in here and are like "yeah so I think it'd be great if they gave me all the things I have to pay for for free"

nearlysober
06-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Yeah... not surprising though.

People want everything for free... until they have it and they realize the fun of collecting & playing the game is diminished by the lack of incentive.

Talreth
06-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Yeah... not surprising though.

People want everything for free... until they have it and they realize the fun of collecting & playing the game is diminished by the lack of incentive.

Especially here though it seems...you don't see anyone in league demanding free skins.

Psylacus
06-12-2013, 02:31 PM
So I have heard the following:

Chests Can Contain:
More Boosters
Artifacts (Common to Legendary)
PVE Cards
PVP Cards
Sleeves
Equipment

Mercs
Card Alt Art
Crafting Materials
Treasure Maps/Quests - Potential SPECIAL one time dungeons that have awesome loot at the end
New Play Mats

What else am i missing, what else would people like to see.

Just In case someone doesn't feel like reading from Top to Bottom, so far here are the most excepted additions.

Baigan
06-12-2013, 02:34 PM
I just think it's dumb that a lot of the people come in here and are like "yeah so I think it'd be great if they gave me all the things I have to pay for for free"

Seconded (or higher). The chests are a nice bonus perk - there's no need to make the potential rewards undermine the company's profit system.

majin
06-12-2013, 02:34 PM
i want to find a link to a video of Kyle vs the Bear on one of these chest ^___^

Mike411
06-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Talreth: They've already confirmed PVE and PVP cards, boosters, and equipment... (which can all be sold on the auction house for "free money") - so what's wrong with some more interesting options?

I wouldn't even call it free money when you consider that the contents of a booster are usually lower in value than an unopened booster, and as long as they balance the quantity and probability of these rewards properly, I don't see that changing.

Talreth
06-12-2013, 02:39 PM
The difference between that and everything but boosters, which they already confirmed so not even going to bother dealing with it, is that the other ones are literally free money, not derived off of some market value. They have explicit monetary values in the game. So it is literally free money. And just because they have boosters doesn't mean I agree with it or that that means we should just let everything with cash value be in there.

Kerustyx
06-12-2013, 02:42 PM
I'd like to see the kickstarter $250 tier account bonuses in limited durations.

Psylacus
06-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Honestly as long as Chests drop in PVE and PVP i am excited for just about anything on the list at the start. Nothing that seriously devalues anything as long as their is a moderation to their drop rate and such!

nearlysober
06-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Free Producer Tier rewards

They should probably drop from about 1 in 3 chests so everyone is happy.

Erebus
06-12-2013, 02:46 PM
But it's not free... it comes from packs... that you have to pay for...

I'm confused.

Stok3d
06-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Guaranteed "New to You" card could easily be broken. I'll just remove all of my <Insert Chase Rare> so it's the only card I don't have on my account to abuse this system.

Out of Print cards should remain just that--OoP

I'd love to unlock a "tantrum" action where you can click it and you see a hand come down and smack the board knocking all the cards up in the air and they end up all disorganized... they then fade and back to normal. Could make your opponent smile after they just did a play that locks in the game.

If anyone has seen the original "Press Your Luck", I think it could be humorous to get the opportunity to throw down a Whammy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyjLNt3EMTE :eek:

ossuary
06-12-2013, 02:50 PM
I really like the treasure map idea. But maybe we can get that separately from treasure chest drops? Would be nice if you could get a treasure map several different ways. Plus, it doesn't hurt CZE too much to have those out there, because if you are missing cards from the achievement list, it encourages you to buy packs / use the AH / engage in trading to fill in the gaps, to earn your payout. More transactions = better economy = more profit in the long run.

bizznach
06-12-2013, 02:51 PM
pets?

Mike411
06-12-2013, 02:52 PM
You could get a whammy which would just be "no treasure chest reward" - as they couldn't whammy the entire booster without problems in draft, not to mention the rage it would case. Hahaha.

Good catch about the new to you being prone to abuse, not a good idea to have that after all.

Maximum0v3rdriv3
06-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Guaranteed "New to You" card could easily be broken. I'll just remove all of my <Insert Chase Rare> so it's the only card I don't have on my account to abuse this system.

Could just make an account level flag that keeps track of all cards you've had. Seen them all at some point? "new to you" card defaults to a random rare or something.

MrSeriousBsns
06-12-2013, 03:04 PM
There could also be little account perks (or recipes for those perks)... things like alternate/improved victory/defeat screens (like fireworks that go off when you win either that only you see or that your opponent also sees) and board graphics/animations (since you are the only one seeing them anyway).

Icepick
06-12-2013, 03:22 PM
I actually mentioned this before in another thread, but something that would be cool to get in chests, during the lead-up to a new set release, would be promo cards for the new set. A small selection of Set 2 Commons in chests a couple of weeks before Set 2's launch would be pretty neat!

Dragonguard
06-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Mercs
Card Alt Art
Crafting Materials
New Play Mats

+1 these are all things i think should without a doubt be in there.

nicosharp
06-12-2013, 03:25 PM
There could also be little account perks (or recipes for those perks)... things like alternate/improved victory/defeat screens (like fireworks that go off when you win either that only you see or that your opponent also sees) and board graphics/animations (since you are the only one seeing them anyway).

It would be really cool if some of the craftable gear was only acquired by rare drop recipes. I like the idea of recipe drops, and wonder if that is already planned?

Psylacus
06-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Updated!

KaosSoul
06-12-2013, 03:43 PM
i dont like the foil ink , work your foils, + foils dont look too good so far form what ive seen in the videos, Gold is an obvious drop, anything cosmetic is useless to boosters , its pvp stuff you pay for it has to be decently usefull imo

MugenMusou
06-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Discount Codes

- 50% discount of next booster pack purchase
- 50% discount of VIP subscription
- +1 bonus point. If you have 4 points, you may redeem for a booster pack.

jgsugden
06-12-2013, 03:58 PM
For those commenting that we want free stuff in these requests: Yep. That is the point of the chests. They are intended to give you stuff. The more 'valuable', the rarer they'd be. I think it'd be fun to have a few really rare things in there that stand out, but are very rare.

I think it'd be realistic to see ~90% 'Crackerjack Prizes' (that are fairly meaningless for people that buy in any volume), ~9% Prizes on par with a booster in value, ~0.9% Prizes on par with a limited event admissions (3.5 boosters in value) and 0.1% major prizes that stand out and make people say, "WoW!" I'd love it if the chests had a higher return than this, but I'm imagining this is about what we'll get. Pure conjecture.

Psylacus
06-12-2013, 04:02 PM
I agree, the chests are kind of like opening booster packs but with a crazier variety. I would really like to see a plethora of different things, however it would be nice for the chest to be "smart"
For instance if some things are bind on account to make sure the chest recognizes this and "re-rolls".
Overall tons of cool stuff that can be done to encourage a little more profit for the company in PVP Boosters and incentives to PVE to keep playing.

Psylacus
06-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Updated List again at the start.

nearlysober
06-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Some of the stuff you people are asking for is just insane...

What is with this community and the expectation that everything just be handed to them for free?

Seriously, you think they're going to give away plat in chests?

Psylacus
06-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Lol, this is an open suggestion box. However I am trying to glean out some of the CRAZY. Hopefully people will think of other cools things that can pop out of the box without obviously just being a GIVE ME MORE stuff for my money.

Mike411
06-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Some of the stuff you people are asking for is just insane...

What is with this community and the expectation that everything just be handed to them for free?

Seriously, you think they're going to give away plat in chests?

Doesn't really matter if they keep their current announced prizes, as you could sell the boosters from chests for plat, or if they give away a bit of plat for variety. Don't really know why people are concerned about 'free' stuff being given away, given that the game is free-to-play, but hey, feel free to petition Cryptozoic to scrap treasure chests, I'd be curious to see their reaction.

Also it's not free considering you have to acquire the booster pack.

BlindMan
06-12-2013, 05:57 PM
People don't want the prizes to be so valuable that it cheapens the net cost of a pack too much. There has to be a baseline for the economy. I'm sure Cryptozoic has an idea of where the balance should be. They said they have an economist working on it.

Tyrfang
06-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Doesn't really matter if they keep their current announced prizes, as you could sell the boosters from chests for plat, or if they give away a bit of plat for variety. Don't really know why people are concerned about 'free' stuff being given away, given that the game is free-to-play, but hey, feel free to petition Cryptozoic to scrap treasure chests, I'd be curious to see their reaction.

Also it's not free considering you have to acquire the booster pack.

Well, if you got a booster pack in every chest, it'd make all booster packs free.
If you got $2 of platinum in a chest, it would make the boosters free.

Most of these suggestions should be things that are given out as either in-game drops (the treasure maps would be great raid rewards/dungeon rewards) or tournament rewards (for stuff like out-of-print packs).

The only ideas I like are the foil ink, crafting mats, and the recipes. Beyond that, just leave it to what is confirmed.

Mike411
06-12-2013, 06:13 PM
Well, if you got a booster pack in every chest, it'd make all booster packs free.
If you got $2 of platinum in a chest, it would make the boosters free.

But why bring up such a ridiculous situation? It would never be anywhere close to a 100% drop rate on boosters or the platinum equivalent. I think we should all have a lot more faith in Cryptozoic's ability to balance such things.

Bargle
06-12-2013, 06:37 PM
I seem to remember them also saying that chests could contain...

another chest!

Edit: Nevermind, confusing myself. The chest from your booster could have another booster inside, which will come with another chest, which could have another booster inside, with another chest...and so on :P

IndigoShade
06-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Lol the more I read this topic the more I realize how much TCG booster packs and lottery tickets have in common.

Lafoote
06-12-2013, 06:52 PM
I want to see an issue of Inquest, with Hex on the cover.

Plaga
06-12-2013, 06:56 PM
I seem to remember them also saying that chests could contain...
another chest!chestception?

Tyrfang
06-12-2013, 06:58 PM
chestception?

I heard you like chests so I put a chest in your chest that has a pack in the chest which has another chest.

whythelastman
06-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Some ideas:

1 free month of VIP (make this 2 - 5x as rare as a chest containing another booster, for in-game economy reasons; if $2 worth of free stuff is already a possibility, $4 might be one too)

XP potion (for one hour after use, XP gained in PvE = double)

+1 raid card bonus -- "disposable gauntlet" equipment (one time use only; can only use one at a time; will begin raid encounter with one extra card in hand)

A random puzzle piece: when all are gathered, can be redeemed for an AA PvP card (I like this idea a lot because it encourages more booster purchases)

Golden Ticket invitation to play against / alongside one of the CZE folks in a game / raid (for a future event in the works, perhaps?)

jgsugden
06-12-2013, 07:10 PM
You know, it would be perfectly reasonable for a potential benefit from a treasure chest to be $1,000,000. (Putting aside legal issues). If they did it, the trick would be that the odds of winning it would likely be around 1 in 100,000,000 per booster.

The real trick with these chests will be keeping them interesting for the people that open 300 boosters a set. The only way to do that is to have infrequent, awesome, prizes. Otherwise, the chests lose all meaning once you get enough of the easily acquired stuff. The become a different type of common slot.:

Jeffonious
06-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Some of the cosmetic pet ideas tossed around in here sound really interesting. A pet that moves your cards to the graveyard/into play/etc ie or does a dance on the side of the screen when a big play happens, etc, would be something that I would enjoy. They could also have gameboards, sleeves, announcer packs, alternate art for your mercenaries.

ramseytheory
06-12-2013, 07:41 PM
I really like the idea of foiling ink as an extra, but I think it should affect a random card in the pack. Otherwise foil legendaries would be pretty common - you'd just buy a legendary on the AH, use the foiling ink on it, and then sell it at a significant profit. This way would also keep foils as things which are generally earned through play rather than bought. But even if you don't get to choose which card gets foiled, the "hey, cool, free foil" factor is still there.

For those commenting that we want free stuff in these requests: Yep. That is the point of the chests. They are intended to give you stuff. The more 'valuable', the rarer they'd be. I think it'd be fun to have a few really rare things in there that stand out, but are very rare.

I think it'd be realistic to see ~90% 'Crackerjack Prizes' (that are fairly meaningless for people that buy in any volume), ~9% Prizes on par with a booster in value, ~0.9% Prizes on par with a limited event admissions (3.5 boosters in value) and 0.1% major prizes that stand out and make people say, "WoW!" I'd love it if the chests had a higher return than this, but I'm imagining this is about what we'll get. Pure conjecture.

Maybe 99%/0.9%/0.09%/0.01%. CZE needs to balance things carefully, here - if they give out extra boosters in 10% of packs they pretty much just cut their income by 10%, but if they give out extra boosters in a few packs they might make their money back by tempting people into buying more boosters and opening prize boosters rather than selling them. It's a really cool idea besides that, of course, but you've got to consider profit at some point.

e: Although of course it would be perfectly feasible for them to give out non-crackerjack PVE stuff - I expect a lot of the prizes will be equipment.

Tyrfang
06-12-2013, 08:15 PM
*cut their income by 11.11111111%

BenAndrion
06-13-2013, 01:30 AM
the idea is to have something EQUIVALENT to the value of a booster in around 10% of the boosters. I am sure you could pull a rare worth 2-4 dollars, a rare piece of equipment, or yes, an actual pack, in those 10% of chests. Even so, statistically you would have to buy ten boosters to get one free....similar to a subway punchcard back in the day haha.
Tyrfang, I do think it interesting that you originally said "sure" to allowing a booster be a possible pull from a chest, but ousted a draft as a possibility. if a 2 dollar pull from a box that comes with a pack is ok, why is it not ok to allow a 7 dollar pull come from a slightly more rare box? especially if i buy like 20-30 packs and only get one haha :)
Don't get me wrong; I am not saying that every chest should be worth a lot (if anything). I don't expect a Super bowl ticket in my cracker jack box lol. But it would be nice if statistically it were possible, however seldom those odds were, to pull something of slight or higher value. That would be a carrot to buy more packs and create more revenue from a more casual player after all!

GreyGriffin
06-13-2013, 01:41 AM
There could be some crazy stuff in there. All expenses paid trips to the studio, real physical goods like prints, posters, and t-shirts, and all kinds of vouchers for physical goods like tablets. Of course this stuff would be rare, like winning the lottery. But there are plenty of ingame things you could win as well. Resurrection scrolls to give you an extra life in a dungeon, or a Booster Pack Mulligan token.

Mostly, though, I want confetti.

theophanya
06-13-2013, 02:28 AM
I think MTG and WOWTCG already have this kind of thing - MTG has the chance for a an extra card (random foil) and WOWTCG has the crafting segments that when you collect a certain number of them you can redeem for a special card (craft only). I'd be happy with any of these - they do provide an extra woomph to any booster. All in all I'm pretty sure Crypto will do a good job with this so I wouldn't bother too much.

Arbiter
06-13-2013, 03:27 AM
I think the best possibility for pets comes as life counters. They are pretty lackluster at the moment. People favour many different options for life counters, and in Hex it would be great to see a wide variety of options for life counters as "pets". They'd suit treasure chests, along with giveaways at events, holiday times, etc. They have no play effect, purely cosmetic, and cosmetic pets are fairly popular in most MMOs. PVE consumables (if there are any) are also a good option, I'd love to see consumables like mulligan tokens, the extra dungeon life someone else mentioned etc. To be

I don't want to see the rare and legendary PVE cards that are linked to specific raids or dungeons in treasure chests. Every one of them brought into the game should be brought in via the dungeon.

jaxsonbateman
06-13-2013, 03:30 AM
Would like a few PvP things (or basically anything worth platinum) to come from the super-chest in the primals. If that's the case, should shoot their value right up.

GreyGriffin
06-13-2013, 03:34 AM
The interface we've seen has been reasonably clean but also dreadfully sparse. I am sure aesthetic options visible to one or both players are on the table.

GreyGriffin
06-13-2013, 03:37 AM
Ooooh... Custom Victory/Defeat screens.

Like a holo taunt in Hawken, the humiliating Defeat screen of Generic Orc with Fireworks, available only to players in Beta, is beamed to your opponent, stabbing their heart with the despair that can only be wrought with half-assed "programmer art."

Hatts
06-13-2013, 07:01 AM
I'm not sure why people are dumping on the idea's in this thread, I think it may be a misguided attempt at protecting Crypto's business model. I think that's sweet but unnecessary. They will obviously balance value vs rarity so that the lost revenue from treasure chest giveaways doesn't harm their overall business.

Tyrfang
06-13-2013, 07:09 AM
I'm not sure why people are dumping on the idea's in this thread, I think it may be a misguided attempt at protecting Crypto's business model. I think that's sweet but unnecessary. They will obviously balance value vs rarity so that the lost revenue from treasure chest giveaways doesn't harm their overall business.

Personally, the only idea I dislike is platinum.

Platinum isn't really a "cool" thing to open, it's just, "oh, nice, I got some money back."

As for the other ideas, I think they're fine, but many of them would be better utilized as in-game rewards or tournament rewards than "loot chest" rewards.

Psylacus
06-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Updated and for those just joining the thread:
Chests Can Contain:
More Boosters
PVE Cards
PVP Cards
Sleeves
Equipment
Mercs*

Card Alt Art
Crafting Materials
New Play Mats
Recipe Drops (Depending on Crafting Implementation)
Custom Victory/Defeat Screens

Daer
06-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Why are artifacts listed?

Psylacus
06-13-2013, 10:04 AM
@Daer Fixed, I meant to replace them with PVE/PVP cards.

Sholynyk
06-13-2013, 04:29 PM
I actually mentioned this before in another thread, but something that would be cool to get in chests, during the lead-up to a new set release, would be promo cards for the new set. A small selection of Set 2 Commons in chests a couple of weeks before Set 2's launch would be pretty neat!

I agree that this would be an awesome use for the treasure chests.

NewbieLam
06-14-2013, 12:10 AM
I would like to see a treasure chest inside a treasure chest!

Gwaer
06-14-2013, 12:12 AM
Where are board minions(pets) To shuffle around on your board and move your cards around! I demand that to be on your list!

Daer
06-14-2013, 06:36 AM
Yeah, I want a clippy pet.

Tyrfang
06-14-2013, 06:55 AM
"It looks like you're making a deck! Would you like some help?" - AIDA

Verdant
06-14-2013, 07:19 AM
"It looks like you're making a deck! Would you like some help?" - AIDA
"No one will blame you for giving up. In fact, quitting at this point is a perfectly reasonable response."

Steellion
06-14-2013, 07:24 AM
IŽd love to "see" some cool Audio Effect in those Chests.
Like Unreal Tournament or Mortal Kombat ones.
"Multikill" / "Unstoppable" / "FATALITY"
That would be soooooo cool :D
And if there would be a problem regarding Copyright, I suggest Cory records those Lines, that would be hilarious!

Tyrfang
06-14-2013, 07:30 AM
IŽd love to "see" some cool Audio Effect in those Chests.
Like Unreal Tournament or Mortal Kombat ones.
"Multikill" / "Unstoppable" / "FATALITY"
That would be soooooo cool :D
And if there would be a problem regarding Copyright, I suggest Cory records those Lines, that would be hilarious!

Uhhh... I'm very much against that idea. I never really liked those sound clips in games...

PowderedToastMan
06-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Cosmetic Change Cards for our Champions, options not available when we originally create them.

Psylacus
06-14-2013, 08:51 AM
Updated with some of the cool suggestions!

Hollywood
06-14-2013, 08:54 AM
I would like to see Kate Upton. Now THERE'S a treasure chest. :)

Psylacus
06-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Figured Lots of new Folks, any other suggestions for this?

HyenaNipples
06-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Decorations for your Stronghold would be kind of fun. I've spent enough time on Minecraft to know that I love customizing a castle.

YourOpponent
06-25-2013, 03:54 PM
It would be kind of cool if the chest could contain a card with adhesive on the back of it....

Card Effect: Hmm....this card is blank, but super sticky on the back....I'm going to go shuffle it into my opponents deck so that one of their cards isn't usable for the rest of the fight!!

Shadowelf
06-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Decorations for your Stronghold would be kind of fun. I've spent enough time on Minecraft to know that I love customizing a castle.

You know this is actually a very nice idea...assuming of course that strongholds can be customized and not being standard images.

wildcard
06-25-2013, 06:41 PM
It would be kind of cool if the chest could contain a card with adhesive on the back of it....

Card Effect: Hmm....this card is blank, but super sticky on the back....I'm going to go shuffle it into my opponents deck so that one of their cards isn't usable for the rest of the fight!!

Omen of Oblivion (http://hex.potion-of-wit.com/card.php?c=191) is even better, because when they draw the card you targeted you get to play it again. :) That said, it's not a card that's likely to get much play as the odds that your opponent is going to draw that specific card is pretty slim.