PDA

View Full Version : So, hero hp is up to 25

BlackRoger
06-12-2013, 01:40 PM
So in the stream from E3 it seems hero hp was increased to 25.

Wonder what that means for aggro decks.
Especialy since in most of the streams we saw so far Ruby aggro decks weren't all that seccessful.
Bunny Decks seemed to have an easy time eating them.

Tyrfang
06-12-2013, 01:40 PM
I think that was an old preview/gameplay footage.

OP_Kyle
06-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Old info

Tathel
06-12-2013, 01:41 PM
So in the stream from E3 it seems hero hp was increased to 25.

Wonder what that means for aggro decks.
Especialy since in most of the streams we saw so far Ruby aggro decks weren't all that seccessful.
Bunny Decks seemed to have an easy time eating them.

They've said the E3 stream was older content then what they have shown us. But I suppose that it is still possible that there are ways to augment hp that do this, but it is not the standard at least.

nearlysober
06-12-2013, 01:42 PM
While they've probably got a good baseline to keep it at 20 now, I'm sure nothing is "set in stone" yet as they continue to refine the system.

Kroan
06-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Why do we need a new topic for every tiny bit of info from the E3 stream. Isn't the E3 topic enough?

Tathel
06-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Why do we need a new topic for every tiny bit of info from the E3 stream. Isn't the E3 topic enough?

Easier aggregation. If you want to talk about something specific you see a title vs having to hun through a general form and respond in between people mentioning another topic. For example weather the topic warrants it's own post ^_^

nearlysober
06-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Why do we need a new topic for every tiny bit of info from the E3 stream. Isn't the E3 topic enough? I haven't seen the video yet but how come no one has started a thread on what Cory was wearing yet?

:D

BlackRoger
06-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Ok I'm sorry sorry
Just saw the vid and assumed this was something new.
Please don't kill me

Patrigan
06-12-2013, 01:45 PM

It's better than a topic on yet another whine about something ;)

In general I personally seem to prefer 25, but I like my games slightly longer.

Tyrfang
Achievement Unlocked: Ninja'd OP_Kyle

Kroan
Easier aggregation. If you want to talk about something specific you see a title vs having to hun through a general form and respond in between people mentioning another topic. For example weather the topic warrants it's own post ^_^
That actually kinda makes sense somehow :P

Mike411
06-12-2013, 01:50 PM
HP to 25 is a good change imo.

Daer
06-12-2013, 01:57 PM
HP to 25 is a good change imo.

It was an old video. HP is 20.

XagoTrunk
06-12-2013, 03:24 PM
I would prefer 25 over 20 too. Makes the games a bit longer and forces aggressive burst decks to be less powerful

Avedecus
06-12-2013, 04:27 PM
I agree 25 sounds better. And really, no burn deck should be afraid of a few extra turns if they're running the burn card with escalation.

JoB3nder
06-12-2013, 04:36 PM
If you want longer games, look forward to PvE. You may have noticed from Level 9 of the example talent tree that max life will increase as you level up.

http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/TalentTreeWarrior.jpg

Helbendt
06-12-2013, 04:38 PM
20 is, frankly, a better number for the health of the game. Higher numbers mean that the design team has to choose between giving aggro exceptionally hurty creatures/burn, slowing down control and combo's ability to reach their target board state, or just having a game where aggro isn't viable at all.

All of these options also leave the game more open to the same boring Midrange Goodstuff that currently makes up altogether too many of the deck types in M:tG standard, and I definitely don't want to see that. Even if current versions of The Aristocrats warm my heart by basically being the world's most depraved joke in deck form.

Avaian
06-12-2013, 04:41 PM
If you want longer games, look forward to PvE. You may have noticed from Level 9 of the example talent tree that max life will increase as you level up.

http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/TalentTreeWarrior.jpg

That is warriors only, others may not have +health, and they scrapped this talent idea for a different talent makeup.

edit: Found the new talent design (http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/HEX_ASSET_11.jpg)
(http://hextcg.com/game/champion/)

Tyrfang
06-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Based on the date of that warrior talent tree, I'm pretty sure THAT'S the current one...but then again, it may have been too much of a pain to deal with...?

JoB3nder
06-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Avaian, I'm quite sure they haven't moved exclusively to the image you posted. Can you imagine only getting points at 10, 20, etc? "Oh joy, I leveled up! Only 6 more levels and I actually get something for it!"

Now I understand nothing is set in stone at this point, but if the warrior is the only class that gets extra life, Wild West games are going to be nuts. Can you imagine the kind of bonuses other classes would require to compensate for such a disparity as 50% (or likely more by max level) more life for the warrior?

Now I agree with 20 being a fine number for PvP as it is a tried and true number, a good balance for different decks. But I can also see the appeal in having a character become inherently stronger while progressing in the PvE campaign.

JoB3nder
06-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Double post, oops.

BenRGamer
06-12-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm pretty sure that one of the PvE champion abilities you can learn that was listed in an old file of warrior abilities is +10 extra HP--while you couldn't use that in most tournament settings other than wild west, I believe it would make alot of people who want more HP for their casual games happy.

Avaian
06-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Avaian, I'm quite sure they haven't moved exclusively to the image you posted. Can you imagine only getting points at 10, 20, etc? "Oh joy, I leveled up! Only 6 more levels and I actually get something for it!"

Now I understand nothing is set in stone at this point, but if the warrior is the only class that gets extra life, Wild West games are going to be nuts. Can you imagine the kind of bonuses other classes would require to compensate for such a disparity as 50% (or likely more by max level) more life for the warrior?

Now I agree with 20 being a fine number for PvP as it is a tried and true number, a good balance for different decks. But I can also see the appeal in having a character become inherently stronger while progressing in the PvE campaign.

Extract from http://hextcg.com/game/champion/ : 'The difficulty increases as you explore Entrath. You’ll pick up cards and equipment along the way to help you in your journey, and your character also learns from those battles. Your champion will increase in power as they reach the various talent tiers. Every 10 levels (starting at level 10), you’ll choose from three different talents unique to your class. These talent choices will include a variety of gameplay altering effects such as start-of-game benefits like additional health, passive effects like increasing the maximum size of your hand, new charge powers, or even the chance to add unique class cards to your deck.'

If there are more abilities, they would not be part of the talents.

JoB3nder
06-12-2013, 06:16 PM
If that is the case and there is nothing more than those talent tiers, I will be sorely disappointed. And I don't think I will be alone.

Avaian
06-12-2013, 06:20 PM
If that is the case and there is nothing more than those talent tiers, I will be sorely disappointed. And I don't think I will be alone.

There will be different talents for different classes, and it is also possible different races. PvE is still in progress and we don't have enough information to really know how champions will work.

BlindMan
06-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Check out this article: http://hextcg.com/creating-and-gearing-up-your-character/

That's where the image that was linked earlier comes from. It's not every 10 levels that you get something. You are constantly unlocking abilities and new choices for your character.

Avaian
06-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Check out this article: http://hextcg.com/creating-and-gearing-up-your-character/

That's where the image that was linked earlier comes from. It's not every 10 levels that you get something. You are constantly unlocking abilities and new choices for your character.

Extracted from Quoted Link: 'Below you’ll see a preliminary draft of the Warrior’s talent tree. Keep in mind that these may change as we test more and move towards release.'

The champion page, had the same image till a about two weeks ago. There is also an Interview or two that showed their current version of talents. I don't remember which ones but they were about 3 weeks ago I think.

The extracted line is the last sentence in the paragraph above the talent picture.

BlindMan
06-12-2013, 07:32 PM
The whole game is pre-alpha, I'm sure they are still making changes. However, I doubt they would go from giving you something every level to only once every 10 levels. I can't imagine the reason you would give for making that change.

Avaian
06-12-2013, 07:33 PM
The whole game is pre-alpha, I'm sure they are still making changes. However, I doubt they would go from giving you something every level to only once every 10 levels. I can't imagine the reason you would give for making that change.

Cuts down on development time.

Hunted down the Interview Post - http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24040

BlindMan
06-12-2013, 07:46 PM
I guess we will find out. I would hope that if the talents are every 10 levels, they have other bonuses to fill in the gaps, even if those aren't strictly talents.

JoB3nder
06-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Cuts down on development time.

If you truly believe this I have nothing more to say to you.

Because of the current fluctuation in design, I will be anxiously awaiting PvE systems to be revealed. I suppose we won't know the final product until the game is live. And even then things can change and will change if Cory has his way*.

*Cory always has his way

Tyrfang
06-12-2013, 08:07 PM
I honestly prefer the simpler system.

Hot bar skills are silly...

Avaian
06-12-2013, 08:09 PM
If you truly believe this I have nothing more to say to you.

Because of the current fluctuation in design, I will be anxiously awaiting PvE systems to be revealed. I suppose we won't know the final product until the game is live. And even then things can change and will change if Cory has his way*.

*Cory always has his way

In all honesty, I just typed that as an afterthought, after I found the post.

I however do not believe CZE would cut anything because of development time constraints, they would just push the release for another time. However I feel this new system is easier for people to understand and not get overwhelmed by it.

JoB3nder
06-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Hot bar skills are silly...

I can see people preferring the simpler system if that person only likes cards and doesn't like much customization. But I only see CZE reducing customization if the extra customization detracts from the player's experience.

I actually really like seeing the hotbar. I could even see consumable item slots being found on this bar, allowing the player to supplement their deck with a few guaranteed (but limited) actions. This could be a gold sink with players needing high level consumables in order to run high level raids.

The sky really is the limit with this MMO stuff. CZE need not stick to simple, linear, hand-holding progression past the tutorial stages.