PDA

View Full Version : Ovepledged on Kickstarter

dovss
06-12-2013, 05:31 PM
I put in $500 in kickstarter but it only lets your chose 1 reward tier. Is it possible to get my 2nd $250 dollars to get an another collector tier (since they didn't sell out) or what is your plan with that additinoal $250 dollars? I was trying to pledge for multiple tiers like most people were talking about.

I got Dungeoncrawler for my $250 tier, but there is another $250 unassigned. Please advise. I don't want to donate $250 to an overfunded game and receive no extra reward tiers.

Thanks much for you reply Crypto employee.

Zomnivore
06-12-2013, 05:34 PM
I would think you'd have to directly contact them, and maybe set something up.

Doing it in the forums sounds like a way to have a long wait with no or limited results.

nearlysober
06-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Forums may not be the best place for this. Someone from Cryptozoic will eventually come by and try to help you, but others will probably flame :)

I would suggest contacting them via email to sort out the issue.

Diesbudt
06-12-2013, 05:36 PM
You can donate more than a reward. Which is why you should pay attention, and when sniping on KS use a second account. Also Contact them directly. While they MAY refund it (doubtful, as you has to be kinda an ass to ask for a refund on a fundraising type event) they wont let you buy into a 2nd tier since they are now "sold out"

And only way to find this out is to contact them. Not use the forums.

Boozecluez
06-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Probably also depends on if you have paid them yet .Don't see it being a problem as long as it's a tier that wasn't sold out etc

dovss
06-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Yah I am hoping for a tier that wasnt sold out, since I am commited to donating 500$ but only have one tier reward. It seems fair to me. Otherwise I have to cancel payment, and I don't want to do that.

hwtan13
06-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Oh you fail to snipe for a GK?

Kerustyx
06-12-2013, 06:01 PM
I'd definitely email them directly OP. You'll get a quicker, more certain response. Good luck.

jommy999
06-12-2013, 06:25 PM
result after snipping failed

mainstager
06-12-2013, 06:35 PM
This is why you admit defeat on a failed GK snipe BEFORE the KS ends.

You probably won't get what you're asking for, but that's just a guess.

hex_colin
06-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Oh you fail to snipe for a GK?

Yeah, IIRC, by my calculations there there was about $6000 extra in funding at the end of the Kickstarter, likely the result of people forgetting to reclaim their sniping funds.

CylnFerrt
06-12-2013, 07:30 PM
doubtful, as you has to be kinda an ass to ask for a refund on a fundraising type eventKickstarters are investment purchases, not childrens charities.

Mike411
06-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Kickstarters are investment purchases, not childrens charities.

The button on kickstarter says pledge, and the paypal button says donate. Just saying...

BenRGamer
06-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Kickstarters are investment purchases, not childrens charities.

...not really. Kickstarter Rewards are the same thing as the old PBS tote bags you get for pledging to keep the channel on the air.

Willzyx
06-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Breaking news: Man mobbed to death by fans of an online card game whose $2.5m fundraising goal falls short by $249. Full story at 11.

MasterN64
06-12-2013, 10:20 PM
...not really. Kickstarter Rewards are the same thing as the old PBS tote bags you get for pledging to keep the channel on the air.

Bingo. They choose to give us stuff because if they dont they wouldnt get enough backers. Imagine if they started the Hex KickStarter and didnt give out any cards or access to betas. Nobody would back.

Kickstarter isnt about selling anything its about getting the cash to fund a project and finding a way to do so. In an ideal world this would be a charity and people would just put money at it just to see it come about. It doesnt work that way though as people want to see something for the cash they put down and the easiest way to do that is to set it up as a form of preorder. But this does not mean that it isnt a form of charity especially in the case of hex where the gifts given are quite literally pulled out of thin air basically for free.

So while it is an investment at the same time it isnt. Especially considering that investors generally get cash back and become basically share holders and not card holders.

Diesbudt
06-13-2013, 06:04 AM
Bingo. They choose to give us stuff because if they dont they wouldnt get enough backers. Imagine if they started the Hex KickStarter and didnt give out any cards or access to betas. Nobody would back.

Kickstarter isnt about selling anything its about getting the cash to fund a project and finding a way to do so. In an ideal world this would be a charity and people would just put money at it just to see it come about. It doesnt work that way though as people want to see something for the cash they put down and the easiest way to do that is to set it up as a form of preorder. But this does not mean that it isnt a form of charity especially in the case of hex where the gifts given are quite literally pulled out of thin air basically for free.

So while it is an investment at the same time it isnt. Especially considering that investors generally get cash back and become basically share holders and not card holders.

Well I probably still would have, as I have been wanting a game like this in a long time. HOWEVER I would have never done $250 without those rewards.

Thaelan
06-13-2013, 06:23 AM
Is it silly that i don't really know what people mean by sniping for a certain tier ? I mean, you just pledge for a certain tier and get it aslong as it wasn't sold out right ?:p

Gwaer
06-13-2013, 06:25 AM
Is it silly that i don't really know what people mean by sniping for a certain tier ? I mean, you just pledge for a certain tier and get it aslong as it wasn't sold out right ?:p
They mean they got a sold out tier after it was sold out, by waiting for people to bail and selecting that tier before anyone else could.

Diesbudt
06-13-2013, 06:40 AM
They mean they got a sold out tier after it was sold out, by waiting for people to bail and selecting that tier before anyone else could.

Basically. Let us say you want a $500 tier. But it is sold out. So you choose a $250 tier, yet pledge $500.

Now you set up a program/script through Chrome so that it refreshes the page every 1-2 seconds. And once someone drops their $500 pledge, the program would auto pledge that one to you instead of the $250 one you had selected. Thus "Sniping" that tier.

However if you failed, and forgot to change your pledge back to $250, you are pledging them $500, and only accepting a $250 tier.

RobHaven
06-13-2013, 06:41 AM
Especially considering that investors generally get cash back and become basically share holders and not card holders.

Am I the only one who was disappointed he said "card holder" and not "shard holder"? Seems like a real missed opportunity there...

Thaelan
06-13-2013, 06:47 AM
i see, thanks for the explanation ^^