PDA

View Full Version : Are there any hot blonde swedish girls here? (tongue-in-cheek)

AstaSyneri
06-13-2013, 12:30 AM
Campy title? Not my fault, really - there's a story behind it.

You see, I recently was promoted to Patron in my guild (which amounts to being a Guild Officer), because some people told the Inner Council guys (the Guild Leaders) that they had joined the guild because they got curious through my threads (or was it threats?I don't recall).

Now one Council member joked that since I apparently can get friendly, PvE-oriented players (and playerettes - can you say that?) into the guild, I could get _anyone_ to join. Jokes ran wild, and suddenly I was faced with this:

Congrats Asta, keep up the recruitment - we need more hot blonde swedish girls Agreed, this is now an Executive Council Order!

Congratulations.

Do you see what kind of pressure I am under now? I mean, we are talking TCG here. Have you ever been to a real TCG tournament? Pimply 14-year olds, sharp-eyed students, who should have finished their studies 5 years ago instead of spending time on a TCG circuit, and overweight 40+ guys... who feel just wrong the way they look at the 14 year olds...

But I have never, ever seen a hot Swedish girl playing cards - not even in the Swedish game store I stopped by a few years ago. German, Belgian, Italian, yes, but never Swedish.

Mission Impossible.

Maybe you can help me? What should I do? Maybe - if you really like playing PvE and think that going on Raids would be the pinnacle of what Hex is offering, you could... wear some thermo-clothes in summer and say you are really hot? Or you are not really Swedish, but you can look up what hello means in Swedish and fake it (hint: Hej (pronounced Hey) is fine)? Or maybe you could wear a blond wig while playing the game - I promise, nobody is going to drive by your house and look you up? I think.

Or, if you have any other idea, please post it below. I am really in a pinch here!

jaxsonbateman
06-13-2013, 12:34 AM
As much as I'm all for guild recruitment, it really belongs in the guild recruitment section. ;-)

Shadowelf
06-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Dream on buddy, its like looking for a needle in a barn full of straw

funktion
06-13-2013, 12:36 AM
I'm hot for blonde swedish girls, does that count?

DisOrd3r
06-13-2013, 01:11 AM
Well, I have a lot of swedish friends (that are girls) that place boardgames and tcg.
Don't see the problem ;)
Im swedish myself and 23 so maybe that's why ;P

AstaSyneri
06-13-2013, 01:16 AM
I'm hot for blonde swedish girls, does that count?

That's perfect! Not to take away from the Swedish, but I would even include Norwegian and Danish (girls that is).

Well, I have a lot of swedish friends (that are girls) that place boardgames and tcg.
Don't see the problem ;)
Im swedish myself and 23 so maybe that's why ;P

*mouth agape* Life simply is not fair! ;-) ;-) ;-)

stephenhii
06-13-2013, 01:51 AM
Nordic women or rather, them Viking chicks are the best looking women with the highest fashion taste in the world. Some of you guys are really lucky....

Daughters of Thor and Beowulf, they are the ones who hold the credit for some of the English women for having blonde hair and blue sparkling eyes.. like Sapphire gems.

I wish I had some friends like them... you know what I will hit the Swedish embassy this weekend. ^_^

Shadowelf
06-13-2013, 02:41 AM
Nordic women or rather, them Viking chicks are the best looking women with the highest fashion taste in the world. Some of you guys are really lucky....

You know that's actualy a myth. I'm sure there are Swedish girls that are nothing less than goddesses, but so there are in any other country

CaptainPuppy
06-13-2013, 03:28 AM
No fair, what about hot blond Swedish guys? :P

AstaSyneri
06-13-2013, 05:11 AM
You know that's actualy a myth. I'm sure there are Swedish girls that are nothing less than goddesses, but so there are in any other country

Of course they are a myth. That's what makes it so much fun ;-). Which reminds me of a reading tip for those inclined to consume Urban Fantasy - the Iron Druid series by Kevin Hearne. The first four really are quite hilarious and have lots of rampaging and frolicking gods and goddesses. Great read!