PDA

View Full Version : Just a few questions about Money

locust
06-13-2013, 03:02 AM
First off all i think this game will be a hit i only knew about it because of E3, and the reason i like it so much is that it is EXTREMELY similar to magic, and i believe magic as the perfect formula for a card game. With the limitless applications of an only online game and the creativity the team as shown so far i can already tell i will enjoy this a lot. Now a couple of questions.

The problem with magic is that it is very expensive, how much are we looking at in terms of expenses?
a magic booster draft can be something like 14 euros, but we have the physical cards, even if we draft online we can redeem them. If this is an online game, are we looking at something like, 4 euros witch is 2 for the prize pool and other 2 to support the game? or will there be different entry fees for different prize pool tournaments?

If the game gets as expensive as magic it might be a turn off for me and many of my friends, unfortunately i don't have a lot of money to spend, although i love magic recently i haven't played it because of the expenses it represents and i just cant afford it.
To continually pay similar cost for something purely digital might be prohibitive for a lot of people in my situation. as of right now i have a burning desire to help you guys with kickstarter, but my financial situation isnt really the best...

so if anyone could inform me about the price of daily, weekly and monthy competitive tournements as well as drafts i would appreciate it very much.

A Very big applause to the fellow fans who donated to make this game happen and to the dev team. good job

Oaka23
06-13-2013, 03:06 AM
$2 USD per booster, $1 draft tourney fee, unknowns fee for constructed (at least I haven't heard anything), which puts everything at half the prices of Magic. Not sure about how it'll be in euros, but I'd expect similar prices, in terms of it being half cost.

Indormi
06-13-2013, 03:07 AM
Right now there are only 3 things you can get from the shop. Boosters (15 cards)2$ each, Starter decks 10$each and Vip subscription that is 4$ a month and gives you a free booster a week and some extra perks.

Entry free we only know the one for drafts and that is 1$ (7$ if you dont have boosters, 5 if you have 1 booster...)

There is also a platinum ah (Real money ah) where you can buy cards and boosters from other players, but CZE wont touch that.

Verdant
06-13-2013, 03:11 AM
Draft will cost you $7 on average. You can use your own supply of boosters for this matter, but $1 or 1 platinum entry fee is still required. Rumors are, boosters can be bought on gold/platinum market for less-than-official price, but it's too early to tell whether there is truth in it.

Also, VIP-program in current iteration will give you four boosters a month for only $4.

Keznath
06-13-2013, 03:12 AM
Hope it won't be in euros, but in dollars...otherwise, i'm going to live in Russia to pay with "roubles" (don't know the name of the currency in english...)

We paid the kickstarter in $...i'll be very disapointed if the next boosters i buy are in euros !

Shadowelf
06-13-2013, 03:18 AM
Maybe there will be an option of currency choice in the future, for those that want to know exactly how much they are paying, altough ur cc stament does that just fine. Not to mention the fact that paying in dollars feels like a discount for us europeans (7$=5.6 euros)

GreyGriffin
06-13-2013, 03:19 AM
There is also the PvE experience which is, if you are cunning and patient, free to play.

Diesbudt
06-13-2013, 05:09 AM
(Using the 1 dollar = 0.75 euro conversion)

Booster will be 1.5 Euros
Start decks beyond basic will be 7.5 Euros
And draft fee will be 0.75 euros

Full draft will cost 5.25 Euros (3 packs + fee)

Stok3d
06-13-2013, 05:14 AM
Check out the Slacker Backer... you'll get a discount on some packs before the game is released.

Blowfeld
06-13-2013, 06:23 AM
(Using the 1 dollar = 0.75 euro conversion)

Booster will be 1.5 Euros
Start decks beyond basic will be 7.5 Euros
And draft fee will be 0.75 euros

Full draft will cost 5.25 Euros (3 packs + fee)

Well,

conversion rates are never really stable & the video game industry likes to think that 1$ = 1€ which, quite franky, annoys the hell out of Europeans...

lordjuzam
06-13-2013, 06:42 AM
Also you can buy booster packs from the auction house from other players, because of the flood of set 1 boosters with kickstarter you will be able to buy set 1 boosters at a reduced price (I would think around 1 dollar). So drafting in set 1 will be even cheaper then the 7 dollar "standard" price. Also you win boosters as prizes in these drafts (1.5 booster per player on average probably) reducing the cost of additional drafts even further (at least if you use these won boosters for the new draft). And as mentioned the vip program that lets you have a booster every week for 4 dollar a month could also reduce your costs for a draft.

So don't worry, HEX will be cheap to get into certainly during set 1. And after that it will be slightly more expensive (because no flood of set 1 boosters anymore, I don't mean to say they will alter entry fees or cost of boosters) , but hopefully you'll know by then if you like it :). So don't be afraid to get your feet wet :).

henrysquire
06-13-2013, 06:46 AM
So if I listed a booster pack in the AH for $1 - would I see that $1 (minus fees) and be able to transfer it into my bank? Or will it convert to platinum that can only be used to purchase Hex related things.

ShaolinRaven
06-13-2013, 06:50 AM
So if I listed a booster pack in the AH for $1 - would I see that $1 (minus fees) and be able to transfer it into my bank? Or will it convert to platinum that can only be used to purchase Hex related things.

It will always be Platinum. Right now when real money is mentioned it is because we don't have the exact platinum exchange. So boosters are $2 worth of Platinum, tournament fees are $1 worth of platinum, etc. As for now there is no converting Platinum back into real money.

Royal_Assassin17
06-13-2013, 08:00 AM
I think there are two ways to solve this concern:

1: The VIP program being customizable where you can op into the things your interested in like drafts, constructed play, tournaments and other types and save that way...

2: A booster box deal, where you can get a certain amount of boosters at a discount and use them or save them for drafts to set the price of a draft lower then $7

Captain_Obvious
06-13-2013, 08:06 AM
I think there are two ways to solve this concern:

1: A customizable subscription service where you can op into the things your interested in like drafts, constructed play, tournaments other types and save that way...

2: A booster box deal, where you can get a certain amount of boosters at a discount and use them or save them for drafts to set the price of a draft lower then $7

1: The VIP program is extremely customizable, you can subscribe or not subscribe

2. They have a Booster box deal in place already at $72 for 36 packs

Royal_Assassin17
06-13-2013, 08:20 AM
1: The VIP program is extremely customizable, you can subscribe or not subscribe

Can you link me to the page where CZE said they are going to have a Booster box deal in place, 36 packs for $72, which buy the way isn't a deal since your still paying full price {$2}

Tyrfang
06-13-2013, 08:32 AM
$72 / 36 packs = $2 a pack.

What a deal...?

DjiN
06-13-2013, 08:34 AM

Link?

Icepick
06-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Pretty sure he's trolling you, you guys :P

Royal_Assassin17
06-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Pretty sure he's trolling you, you guys :P

It was obvious when I did the math 2 seconds after reading his post

locust
06-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Thank you all, you have been very helpful.
I am positive i am going to be drafting the hell out of this game, i will go for the vip program.

Bailin
06-13-2013, 02:10 PM
I think the money question has been answered thoroughly, so let me be the first to greet you to the community. I'm really excited to hear the E3 interview has reached a few new interested bodies.

And P.S. While the PVP aspect of this game can/will mimic MTGO in many ways, tacking on the EPIC PVE side is a huge bonus we get to play around with for little to no cost but our time.

ossuary
06-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Right now I'm offering a special on packs. Buy 1 pack for the price of 2, and I'll give you a second pack, absolutely FREE!

Tyrfang
06-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Right now I'm offering a special on packs. Buy 1 pack for the price of 2, and I'll give you a second pack, absolutely FREE!

Oh my god I'll take -20!

nicosharp
06-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Thank you all, you have been very helpful.
I am positive i am going to be drafting the hell out of this game, i will go for the vip program.

That is the way to go. Good ROI if you do well, you can, if you are good enough, continue to play for many many hours/days/months on a very small investment, given the ability win packs back, and trade away any PvE loot you acquire.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24477

mainstager
06-13-2013, 04:13 PM
A Very big applause to the fellow fans who donated to make this game happen and to the dev team. good job

And thank YOU for your enthusiasm about the game instead of being one of these degenerate whiners lurking around the forums here. You are just as important as any of the backers.

Looking forward to going a few rounds with you :)