PDA

View Full Version : Basic Resources - Infinite and free?

GreyGriffin
06-13-2013, 03:13 AM
Simple question and suggestion. Basic Resources should be infinite and free for deck building. This will keep hundreds of resources from accumulating in everyone's collections, prevent cluttering the card database, and allow early/new players to easily branch out without having to grind the AH for gems.

I would be okay with getting foil/AA resources in packs, and maybe giving the "rights" to use specific artwork for account seniority, based on whether you joined/bought a booster/had VIP during the run of a specific set or block. Just not cluttering everyone's binders with a hojillion gems.

Mike411
06-13-2013, 03:14 AM
Resources and gems are both infinite and free already :)

Edit: Beyond the 4 per deck restriction on a certain gem I guess

GreyGriffin
06-13-2013, 03:17 AM
Yaay.

Where was this confirmed?

Indormi
06-13-2013, 03:27 AM
I'm pretty sure that It was said on one of the streams/interviews.

jaxsonbateman
06-13-2013, 03:29 AM
Resources and gems are both infinite and free already :)

Edit: Beyond the 4 per deck restriction on a certain gem I guess
Is this the case for gems? While I had heard they were infinite and free for limited, I was not aware of any other announcements about them.

funktion
06-13-2013, 03:30 AM
Yeah this was definitely confirmed, foil'd resources seems like a nice idea but considering that the pictures don't really stay in play oh well. Kinda a bummer because some of my favorite card artwork is on the mtg land cards

Edit: I don't think there is a limitation on gems

jaxsonbateman
06-13-2013, 03:35 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if there's no limit - PvP players could get annoyed if there was, depending on how they would be obtained. I just didn't know it had been confirmed for constructed, if it has.

Punk
06-13-2013, 03:40 AM
I believe they confirmed that Gems and Resources were both unlimited and free in the same statement.

Indormi
06-13-2013, 03:43 AM
There was some restriction of amount of gems per deck. Dont rememeber what exactly what it was, but I heard it for sure. It was something about no more than 4 same type of gem per deck or something like that.

verozo
06-13-2013, 03:49 AM
Whats the difference between resources and gems?

Punk
06-13-2013, 03:52 AM
Whats the difference between resources and gems?

Resource Cards (scroll down to the card descriptions at the bottom):

http://hextcg.com/card-overview/

Gems and Socketed Cards:

http://hextcg.com/socketed-cards/

Fireblast
06-13-2013, 04:57 AM
What we learned about gems, during a Cory's stream is that they are limited to 4-of like cards would!

About free and limitless it was said by OP_Kyle when I asked him at the start of the kickstarter campaign.

~

Icepick
06-13-2013, 05:00 AM
What we learned about gems, during a Cory's stream is that they are limited to 4-of like cards would!
~

Oh really? I didn't know that - did they go into any specifics? Are you limited to (for example) 4 blue gems overall, or 4 of each type of blue gem?

Delrusant
06-13-2013, 06:02 AM
Are you sure for gem, I thought they were unlimited in PvP but nothing was said for PvE?

Diesbudt
06-13-2013, 06:06 AM
Are you sure for gem, I thought they were unlimited in PvP but nothing was said for PvE?

Gems are limited. You can only have 4 of each color put into your cards. (I am sure they said color, and not type) Which is 20 gems, so that isn't a big deal as there isn't too many cards with gem slots open currently.

Malicus
06-13-2013, 06:12 AM
Gems are limited. You can only have 4 of each color put into your cards. (I am sure they said color, and not type) Which is 20 gems, so that isn't a big deal as there isn't too many cards with gem slots open currently.

Colour would be an issue if you weren't playing multi shard since gems require 1 threshold. A mono shard deck wouldn't be able to play more than 4 gems if it was strictly colour.

Sholynyk
06-13-2013, 06:16 AM
I am wondering if people are getting a little confused by the difference between gems as resources and gems which can be put into socket able items.

Diesbudt
06-13-2013, 06:20 AM
Colour would be an issue if you weren't playing multi shard since gems require 1 threshold. A mono shard deck wouldn't be able to play more than 4 gems if it was strictly colour.

First time I have heard of a gem requiring a threshold. Especially since they advertise you can add any (minor in minor/major in major) gem into any card to customize them. Kind of hard to advertise if you have to follow color schemes with them.

Daer
06-13-2013, 06:21 AM
First time I have heard of a gem requiring a threshold. Especially since they advertise you can add any (minor in minor/major in major) gem into any card to customize them. Kind of hard to advertise if you have to follow color schemes with them.

Its been on the hex website since Day 1:

Each gem will enhance the card it is socketed onto in some way, provided that you control at least one of the shard thresholds that is associated with that gem. If you don’t have that threshold, you can still play your card as normal, but that power won’t activate until you obtain the necessary threshold.

Gwaer
06-13-2013, 06:22 AM
You can still play the card even if you don't meet the gem threshold. So just splash in one resource of whatever gems you use, and the gems will activate whenever you play those resources.