PDA

View Full Version : The REAL problem with the online TCG community...

Jbizzi
06-13-2013, 08:09 AM
is that I will not be able to screw over the kids that have no idea of the value of their cards. I mean how am I supposed to build an empire when everyone has the same information and auction house prices? I can't smooth talk my way to getting moxes for a few boosters or play psychological games at the draft table...

I don't like it at all.

This game will be horrible.

Dropbear
06-13-2013, 08:19 AM
You are the cancer that killed TCGs, tamagochis and beyblades in school.

Shadowelf
06-13-2013, 08:21 AM
is that I will not be able to screw over the kids that have no idea of the value of their cards.

Thank god for that

I don't like it at all.

This game will be horrible.

Sure, so hand us over ur stuff and go away :P

Jbizzi
06-13-2013, 08:26 AM
You are the cancer that killed TCGs, tamagochis and beyblades in school.

Besides cancer and TCGs, I have no idea what those are!

Gwaer
06-13-2013, 08:27 AM
Besides cancer and TCGs, I have no idea what those are!
Yea, we can tell you don't know what school is... *Burn*
=)

Jbizzi
06-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Yea, we can tell you don't know what school is... *Burn*
=)

Intentional = intentional

tgm0112
06-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Do you mean he doesn't know what school is because he has no class? (Couldn't help myself, mate.)

Seriously, though, attention-seeking user is attention-seeking. There is no information here or even a serious question, just a guy try to get a rise off people because he's bored, sad, or both. Why else would he mourn not "screwing over kids"?

May the free market favor the patient as well as the fortunate.

Jbizzi
06-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Alright fine...

Since both sarcasm and subtlety are lost on most of the gaming community, I will be direct.

I FEEL... that the reason online communities are a significant part of our culture now is because of the availability of information and the social need for humans to belong. We enjoy being part of a greater circle of people than we can physically enter. This is helpful when you are setting standards for an online system, such as an economy in this instance (as well as other things associated with the game).

In doing so, there is less chance that individuals will be duped out of cards (etc.) by people that are more savvy about the game. They can simply look online, on the AH or ask a guildmate what the current standard is and set the bar there without being smooth talked out of the item.

By the way, incase you don't catch my drift even now... this is a great thing!

I remember my days in card shops back when MTG was first getting started and the "players" that would make every attempt to swindle the younger or less informed crowd out of their valuables, it was despicable. Better yet was the "pro" player that would enter casual drafts and win every time because the competition was very green to the whole idea and were more collectors than anything.

The online presence of such a card game makes for a much better community and knowledge base (standard) overall.

Can't wait for alpha and to simply enjoy the fruits of CZE's labor!

I hope that clears things up for the sarcasm illiterate.

Erebus
06-13-2013, 11:18 AM
If it makes you feel any better I saw your sarcasm from the get go Jbizzi, and couldn't help but shake my head at the responses. But I guess it's always best just to assume the Troll? Has the internet made us so jaded already? Sad times.

Jbizzi
06-13-2013, 11:21 AM
If it makes you feel any better I saw your sarcasm from the get go Jbizzi, and couldn't help but shake my head at the responses. But I guess it's always best just to assume the Troll? Has the internet made us so jaded already? Sad times.

/Shrug

I assumed that most people saw this as sarcasm, hence the need not to post and just grasp the concept but since some really missed the mark, I felt I needed to respond with the actual intent.

McKahlan
06-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Don't forget, we are on the Internet guys...
A wall of text is just a wall of text. We don't even know each other, how could we know that this was sarcasm?
Words are words.... without a face or a tone... it's hard to figure 2nd degree or sarcasm.

But as long as you like the game, I'm okay with that haha !

Gwaer
06-13-2013, 11:24 AM
I was sarcastically joining the sarcastic bandwagon against you. Hence the *burn* and the smiley face.

I would like to believe that everyone in this thread was just doing exactly what you were doing, and you didn't get it. At least I was.

Jbizzi
06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
I was sarcastically joining the sarcastic bandwagon against you. Hence the *burn* and the smiley face.

I would like to believe that everyone in this thread was just doing exactly what you were doing, and you didn't get it. At least I was.

I would like to think that some people were just playing along, as I knew that you were but your sarcasm wasn't as subtle, which helped.

A few of you seemed really irate and made it personal which goes a bit beyond sarcasm.

Just as an FYI about getting sarcasm in posts on the internet and responding with sarcasm: Make your sarcastic remark less subtle than the OP's and you are usually fine in "tagging" along. If you get to irate in your sarcasm, it tends to make the OP sound serious.

But anyway, to those that got it, great! to those that didn't, sorry?

Vorpal
06-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Heh, I read it as sarcasm from the get go, was a little surprised at the hostility of the responses.

I know that when I first started TCG's I constantly had people trying to set up hilariously bad trades to steal away the good cards I got.

Fortunately I had some in the know friends who warned me off of them.

Yoss
06-13-2013, 12:15 PM
If you would like a full-information economy, go vote for my AH idea here:
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24823&page=3&p=251993&viewfull=1#post251993

Mexalen
06-13-2013, 01:10 PM

Makes you question the world you know, eh? :)
If you think that we had more then 15 years of widespread internet-usage to adapt our communication to convey sarcasm without looking like a troll under the bridge... Now that's a sad story.

Well .. best to put in some Emoticons and emojis to be sure ^^