PDA

View Full Version : Opening Boosters - a premium experience

Mexalen
06-13-2013, 01:32 PM
I'd really appreciate it, if opening a booster is not just done by clicking on it in the interface.
I'd like to tear it open. Slowly.
Grab a mark where to rip it with the mousepointer and than draw to the other end of it. Dragging the cards out of the pack one after another.
..or maybe just shred it to pieces with a swift motion, cards flying about and then picking them up by clicking on them..

You know what I mean :)

Tathel
06-13-2013, 01:45 PM
This would drive me nuts, I used to take great pains not to tear my magic boosters only unseal them...

MatWith1T
06-13-2013, 01:53 PM
You'll have the option of having the cards slowly revealed one at a time... not quite the same experience, but still gives you a little bit.

Shadowelf
06-13-2013, 01:59 PM
I'd really appreciate it, if opening a booster is not just done by clicking on it in the interface.
Grab a mark where to rip it with the mousepointer and than draw to the other end of it. Dragging the cards out of the pack one after another.
..or maybe just shred it to pieces with a swift motion, cards flying about and then picking them up by clicking on them..

You know what I mean :)

This will feel fun at the beginning but it will get old very fast. After opening so many boosters, i no longer have the patience to open the booster slowly and run through the cards; i tear the wrapper apart, put the rare aside and ditch the rest in a box. But that's just me

Tiuvath
06-13-2013, 02:41 PM
there is a feature with the upcoming xbox one connect where you can rip a piece of paper in front of the camera. This simulates the opening of the boosters. If you are too rash or unskilled there is % chance to destroy cards

It's a minigame for 5$ from Xboxlive, each boosteropening costs a token of 10 cent payable to Microssoft

XBOXone will also constantly watch you when you play HEX to make sure you are not a Bot. If you want to stop playing HEX you have to pay 1$ to Microsoft, otherwise Xbox one will connect to PRISM (is it a coincidence that is sounds similar to prison?) and flag you as noncompliant.

Enjoy!

Icepick
06-13-2013, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't mind a feature like this, but there would definitely need to be a way to disable or quickly skip it - as Shadowelf said, I imagine it would get pretty tiresome after the 50th booster in a row!

Zophie
06-13-2013, 04:08 PM

There should also be an option to pull the seam out and back in a few times to build up a small pocket of air in the pack, and then slap it between two virtual hands, "popping" the pack open with an audible noise (in 7.1 surround plz!), then you remove the cards from the perfect opening one at a time, relishing in your epic booster-opening prowess ;)

nearlysober
06-13-2013, 04:13 PM
I think early on they mentioned there would be two ways to open packs... because as Cory stated the act of opening a pack is core to a TCG.

The first way, the "slow" way would be most similar to opening a pack, scrolling through each card and checking it out.
The faster way will probably be something more like "open, open, open, open, review a list of what you got with quantities"

Near the end of sets, when I'm familiar with all the cards, I'll probably use the fast way more often.
But with new cards, yeah I'll want to check out each one :)

Shivdaddy
06-13-2013, 04:16 PM
No matter how old I get, opening a pack is fun.

Gwaer
06-13-2013, 04:35 PM
if you move your mouse a little too close to the card though, you cut off the bottom and ruin them, and lose all the cards in the pack.

Evilgm
06-13-2013, 09:42 PM
I want a field that asks "How many boosters do you wish to open" and a button that says "DO IT!!!", so I can open 150 boosters at once.

Fireblast
06-13-2013, 10:57 PM
I want a field that asks "How many boosters do you wish to open" and a button that says "DO IT!!!", so I can open 150 boosters at once.

Yes Plz!

~

MrMcPippens
06-13-2013, 11:09 PM
just make it an option you can turn on, to put the pack infront of u and u have to click it certain ways to flip it over, and open it up, then click and drag each card out of the pack one at a time, or remove the packaging from the bottom and youll have the stack of cards you can sift through. i like the idea. but as some others have said i think it will get old fast (i personally will have 90 packs to open, and doing all 90 of them like that will take a long time)

Mexalen
06-14-2013, 12:49 AM
Yeah, didn't think about the longterm effect. And sometimes you'd just want quickly to know if a certain card is in your packs without sifting through every single one. A compiled list after open severall packs surely is helpfull.

There should also be an option to pull the seam out and back in a few times to build up a small pocket of air in the pack, and then slap it between two virtual hands, "popping" the pack open with an audible noise (in 7.1 surround plz!), then you remove the cards from the perfect opening one at a time, relishing in your epic booster-opening prowess ;)

+1! :D

Doggerel
06-15-2013, 11:55 PM
It would be nice if they could add a spectator mode for opening packs. You could allow friends/guildmates to watch and see when you do what you get. When a person gets a primal pack I am sure others would like to watch as they open it.

Frey
06-16-2013, 12:47 AM
It would be nice if they could add a spectator mode for opening packs. You could allow friends/guildmates to watch and see when you do what you get. When a person gets a primal pack I am sure others would like to watch as they open it.

It would be awesome from guild perspective. As instance you open pack with your guild-friend and he asks "wow, awesome card, do you need this one?" And if you don't need it right now, you can trade or lend it right away. It would be quite interesting feature.

Lunarath
06-16-2013, 01:30 AM
I just want a quick opening option. Click on a button, chose the number of packs i want to open, and just instantly show me all the cards i got in all the packs. If i had to sit through opening animations every time i'll go crazy

rwmwaffle
06-16-2013, 02:14 AM
I hope there is a way to just tell the game to open a specific number of packs. Just gimme the cards so I can start building :)

Shadowelf
06-16-2013, 03:22 AM

You can always use twich tv or other streaming channels

In Duels of champions , packs were opened in a sort of a panel; u were seeing all 12 cards, in 4 rows (3 cards each) with their backs turned to u, and they were then slowly revealed with the rare/legendary being at the end . This was building a sort of excitement at the beginning, but turned to be boring later on, when u were missing only rares. So a quick open option is a must imho

ossuary
06-16-2013, 06:11 AM
You can always use twich tv or other streaming channels

In Duels of champions , packs were opened in a sort of a panel; u were seeing all 12 cards, in 4 rows (3 cards each) with their backs turned to u, and they were then slowly revealed with the rare/legendary being at the end . This was building a sort of excitement at the beginning, but turned to be boring later on, when u were missing only rares. So a quick open option is a must imho

If you right click on the hidden rare, it will immediately reveal itself in zoomed-in mode, so you don't have to wait for the unveiling animation. FYI. :)

Shadowelf
06-16-2013, 06:30 AM
If you right click on the hidden rare, it will immediately reveal itself in zoomed-in mode, so you don't have to wait for the unveiling animation. FYI. :)

Oh really? lol. Were have u been the last 2 months ? :)

Corpselocker
06-16-2013, 08:15 AM
I've come to realize that I won't have time to draft my way through 10,000 set 1 packs before I get into the constructed PvP and PvE. I'll probably crack 200 from the start and I want it over fast :P. So, the previous suggestion of "open X packs" sounds wonderful.

GK + PP + Collectors

Facilier
06-16-2013, 08:24 AM
I want the pack opening to have the 15 cards on the screen, face down, and then be able to click on them one at a time to see what they are, to build up the excitement in searching for the rare.

Of course this would be in addition to just "Upload the cards from X packs to my ownership database" option that many people want.

ossuary
06-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Oh really? lol. Were have u been the last 2 months ? :)

Logging in once a day to defer the daily gift, and then not actually playing the game at all. ;)

It's WAAAAAAAY too grind-y for my taste. I'll come back if they ever add the additional solo campaign missions they've been promising to release for the last 3 months. It's not much fun playing 30 matches against players that have obviously bought 10 boxes of boosters, just trying to scrape up enough gold to buy 1 or 2 more packs.

Wombat
06-16-2013, 10:50 AM
and with that option of opening a booster, we also need the ability to smell at our new cards, but where does the smell come out on my PC? :(

ossuary
06-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Your mouse pad is scratch and sniff. Unfortunately, the only variety it currently comes in is "Cheetos dust." :)

Shadowelf
06-16-2013, 12:27 PM
Logging in once a day to defer the daily gift, and then not actually playing the game at all. ;)

It's WAAAAAAAY too grind-y for my taste. I'll come back if they ever add the additional solo campaign missions they've been promising to release for the last 3 months. It's not much fun playing 30 matches against players that have obviously bought 10 boxes of boosters, just trying to scrape up enough gold to buy 1 or 2 more packs.

True although the size of the campaign or the grind wasn't an issue to me; what bugged me the most and finally turned me off was the lack of trading, and generally how hard it was to get ur hands on specific cards.

Zomnivore
06-16-2013, 04:48 PM
I want to feel suspense for every next card.

That was always a fun experience and totally amazing as far as feelings go.