PDA

View Full Version : Slacker Backer option closing?

LuckyHex
06-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Hi, I have already pledged myself but I have a few friends who are in dubio of getting the Slacker Backer deal.
I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how much time they have left to decide, until the Slacker Backer option closes I mean.
Thanks in advance,

Lucky

Shadowelf
06-13-2013, 02:34 PM
I think it will open till Alpha,( end of August, start of September)

Tiuvath
06-13-2013, 02:34 PM
As far as I know they havent stated till when Slacker Backers will be available. My Best guess?

At Minimum till Start of Alpha in August/September
At Maximum till official launch after Beta.

personally I think they'll keep the Slacker Backer Option till Official launch

Mike411
06-13-2013, 03:02 PM
They might give you some notice before it's gone during the weekly updates on kickstarter and hextcg.com . Then again, they may not.

BossHoss
06-13-2013, 03:05 PM
I heard end of June or end of July can`t remember which "J" it was... Searching for the quote and will update with confirmation

Qorsair
06-13-2013, 03:09 PM
I heard end of June or end of July can`t remember which "J" it was... Searching for the quote and will update with confirmation

I was thinking the end of June being the deadline for Slacker Backer and the T-shirts. (I remember thinking "oh wow, I didn't know the T-shirts were a limited thing.") I didn't have time right now to look for the quote though. Just wanted to mention I remember hearing the same thing, and I remember it being June. I thought it may have been on Kickstarter that they mentioned it.

BossHoss
06-13-2013, 03:16 PM
I was thinking the end of June being the deadline for Slacker Backer and the T-shirts. (I remember thinking "oh wow, I didn't know the T-shirts were a limited thing.") I didn't have time right now to look for the quote though. Just wanted to mention I remember hearing the same thing, and I remember it being June. I thought it may have been on Kickstarter that they mentioned it.

Good call! So I am not totally crazy... T shirts end June 30th so Im sure Slacker Backer is that date too. Can`t find original quote at the moment

Shadowelf
06-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Slacker backer option is mentioned in updates #28,#29; a deadline is however not provided

Qorsair
06-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Slacker backer option is mentioned in updates #28,#29; a deadline is however not provided

Yeah, I just skimmed through Kickstarter (find in page) and the only mention of a deadline is on the T-Shirts:

You can order the HEX, Ardent, and Underworld shirts through June and we'll ship in August.

So I probably assumed the Slacker Backer deadline was the same. I didn't see anything on the Kickstarter updates about a deadline for it anyway.

BossHoss
06-13-2013, 03:25 PM
I seem to think it was a quote somewhere, someone official stating the T-shirts and slacker backer count towards the kickstarter goal. I am quite positive I heard it somewhere...

Shadowelf
06-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Maybe a deadline was given during a podcast or interview but this info is hard to track unless ur willing to watch/listen to 3 or so hours of content. So there are really only 2 options; if ur buddies are serious about backing then better do it now than later. This, or send an email directly to cze

karmacappa
06-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Yeah, they said specifically that the slacker backers and the additional t-shirt orders counted towards the kickstarter goal in one of their Twitch TV streams.

I don't think Slacker Backer includes a t-shirt, so I don't think it is tied to the deadline for the Kickstarter t-shirt.

Often, slacker backer programs are good until the project launches. So I imagine that they will be available until the public launch of Hex. However, you'll want to do it sooner rather than later as it includes an alpha/beta invite.

wayne
06-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Slacker is not that great of a deal. Since there is still time, maybe your friends could keep a lookout for anyone regretting their KS pledge.