PDA

View Full Version : Lending Cards?

Barborin
06-13-2013, 03:16 PM
First of all, I am super pumped about this game. I heard about it in the last 2 days of the kickstarter, and managed to get in on that. I was curious what people thought of an idea, but the idea is based on some assumptions which I may have mistaken.

Here are those assumptions:
1) You can give people packs/cards for free in PvP, based on some things I've read on these forums.

Ok maybe that's the only assumption.

Anyhow, I was wondering what people thought about some sort of lending system. In physical TCG's, you can certainly lend someone that last card they need, or something that will really help out there deck. In a digital format, it's possible without any risk. Perhaps you could put a limit on the number of games they play before it comes back to you, or how many hours/days they have it.

Is this something that would help or hurt the game?

Thoughts?

Stok3d
06-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Lending is a bad idea--defeats the purpose of owning your own cards. This in turn would destroy the economy.

Barborin
06-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Lending is a bad idea--defeats the purpose of owning your own cards. This in turn would destroy the economy.

This was my initial thoughts, but then I realized it doesn't seem to do so for other, physical, TCG's. Why would it here?

Diesbudt
06-13-2013, 03:23 PM
This was my initial thoughts, but then I realized it doesn't seem to do so for other, physical, TCG's. Why would it here?

There is nothing stopping you from trading a card to someone and them giving it back. But it is soley down to whoever does the trading. Just like any TCG.

ConnorJS
06-13-2013, 03:26 PM
I think this would be fine, why not? You could just trade it with a friend for a common then trade back... Lending would only mean there is no chance of the person being screwed over.

nylian
06-13-2013, 03:27 PM
First of all, I am super pumped about this game. I heard about it in the last 2 days of the kickstarter, and managed to get in on that. I was curious what people thought of an idea, but the idea is based on some assumptions which I may have mistaken.

Here are those assumptions:
1) You can give people packs/cards for free in PvP, based on some things I've read on these forums.

Ok maybe that's the only assumption.

Anyhow, I was wondering what people thought about some sort of lending system. In physical TCG's, you can certainly lend someone that last card they need, or something that will really help out there deck. In a digital format, it's possible without any risk. Perhaps you could put a limit on the number of games they play before it comes back to you, or how many hours/days they have it.

Is this something that would help or hurt the game?

Thoughts?

They have a similar feature already announced that involves lending "copies" of a deck to other guild members. Though I don't have more details than that, it's the best I could do.

Barborin
06-13-2013, 03:27 PM
I think this would be fine, why not? You could just trade it with a friend for a common then trade back... Lending would only mean there is no chance of the person being screwed over.

That is basically my point.

Stok3d
06-13-2013, 03:29 PM

Your buddy lending to you and another guy aren't going to have much of an effect. Just the Producer, 7x Dragon Lords, and 20+ Grand Kings (not to mention the 100+ other KS pledgers) in my guild all getting themselves 4x sets of the cards by release and stacking in the Guildbank say 300-500x sets of the cards could easily outfit a couple hundred ppl... forever. Basically, by lending like this, it would make PVP Free-to-Play if you joined a big guild.

The ease of distribution coupled with the lack of risk would not be good for the business model and the economy.

Barborin
06-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Your buddy lending to you and another guy aren't going to have much of an effect. Just the Producer, 7x Dragon Lords, and 20+ Grand Kings (not to mention the 100+ other KS pledgers) in my guild all getting themselves 4x sets of the cards by release and stacking in the Guildbank say 300-500x sets of the cards could easily outfit a couple hundred ppl... forever. Basically, by lending like this, it would make PVP Free-to-Play if you joined a big guild.

The ease of distribution coupled with the lack of risk would not be good for the business model and the economy.

Fair point.