PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: World PVP Zone

Shepherd74
06-13-2013, 06:40 PM
One zone in the game where the two factions could fight over. Using your PVE character you travel to the zone and basically do battle with a member of the opposing faction. If they get 2v2 worked out it would be even better. Get paired with a member of your faction and do battle with two other guys. No penalty for a loss. But if you win you help your faction take control of the zone. There could be minor PVE bonuses for the faction that controls the zone.

It would allow folks to rock out their crazy PVE characters and equipment against others with no down side for a loss.

Black_Omega
06-13-2013, 06:51 PM
You are combining PvE and PvP in a sense. This would almost be like Battlegrounds in WoW, or something to that effect.

Allowing PvE cards in a PvP environment counter-acts Hex's position on not allowing PvE in PvP. Not sure how popular it would be overall given the various gameplay styles and amount of PvE content as it stands.

When it comes to PvP I prefer draft and constructed deck. Don't want a PvE style PvP..

Shepherd74
06-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Well, it certainly wouldn't interfere with the "official" pvp. More like their already announced "wild west" mode just with a bit of incentive for folks to play it. The upside would be that it would encourage folks that were really into the PVE aspect of the game to play against others. It might gateway them into wanting to try the more official PVP (drafts and tournaments). Also, it would have the upside of having a player's faction choice mean a little more to them than the dungeon story elements.

I understand your concern about mixing the chocolate in the peanut butter.

Qorsair
06-13-2013, 07:00 PM
For something like this--a PVE-related PVP warzone--I'd like to see the previously-discussed "Wild West" (PVE-PVP) format in place.
I think it sounds like a fun idea. Sign me up!

Talreth
06-13-2013, 07:09 PM
yeah only as long as we get to used WASD and third person camera views

Nashah
06-13-2013, 07:13 PM
I have been told by fellow guild mates that one can make different champions for each deck, meaning you can play as both underworld and ardent on one account. If that is true then any faction based pvp would seem kinda silly, if there were any bonuses to be gained by it everyone would just swap to the faction that is already winning for the bonus.

If I am wrong about the ability to have multiple champions please let me know. I have been very curious about this but so far I have only heard that it will be so.

DjiN
06-13-2013, 07:16 PM
I have been told by fellow guild mates that one can make different champions for each deck, meaning you can play as both underworld and ardent on one account. If that is true then any faction based pvp would seem kinda silly, if there were any bonuses to be gained by it everyone would just swap to the faction that is already winning for the bonus.

If I am wrong about the ability to have multiple champions please let me know. I have been very curious about this but so far I have only heard that it will be so.

They don't want to force you to make two accounts, so you will be able to play for both factions on one account. And I think your argument is a good one.

Shepherd74
06-13-2013, 07:55 PM
I hadn't really thought of that. Good points. But still, I think (for me anyhow) it would be less about any rewards and more about just having fun with your PVE characters.

RobHaven
06-13-2013, 09:02 PM
If that is true then any faction based pvp would seem kinda silly, if there were any bonuses to be gained by it everyone would just swap to the faction that is already winning for the bonus.

Unless you were locked into the faction you start the fight with. Whether that's locking out your opposite-faction decks for the duration of the battle, or if you enter the war-zone with one (or two or three) decks of one faction and those are the only decks you can use... There are ways to avoid exploiting the reward system.