PDA

View Full Version : @ Crpt A Question From My Expectations About The Attitude of The Community.

Zomnivore
06-13-2013, 07:22 PM
I think its fair to project that the community will be pretty abrasive and cut throat.
You have a capitalistic trading system as a key component, a system where game balance affects that market, and a competitive gaming atmosphere with clear winners and losers.

I think that's a fair goblin's cooking pot of some seriously nasty ingredients.

What systems will be in place to pacify the user base?

If the community can be as toxic as is the one in that other free to play... it could harm the game's potential growth beyond tcg/card game audiences.

Banning practices and other things especially in a system like HEX where you don't physically own property could affect perceived card value and be a real threat to the in game market systems and the value of player's collections.

How will you handle that sort of community quality control system in regards to that specific problem?

Talreth
06-13-2013, 07:23 PM

Did you really have to do this? Come on. Really? That is the most poorly placed reference ever. fuck

and just because I felt a small twinge of guilt, I will add some feedback. They have already answered questions about the secondary market.

Zomnivore
06-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Did you really have to do this? Come on. Really? That is the most poorly placed reference ever. fuck

As long as you were as pained by the bad reference, as I was to your un-substantive post, I think we're even.

Honestly, though you're kind of directly showcasing the attitude I was talking about, and if you compounded that with competition and a market system...ugh. I'm wondering how they will handle the community.

Talreth
06-13-2013, 07:28 PM
As long as you were as pained by the bad reference, as I was to your un-substantive post, I think we're even.

we're not anymore, I added feedback. now I have to delete it. thanks obama

DjiN
06-13-2013, 07:33 PM
I don't get this toxic player talk. The only relevant player interaction in this game will be with your friends and your guild. If one of those flame you I am very sad for you. You don't que up for a PvP game to chat, if your opponent flames you: just mute him. And the AI will certainly not flame you in chat (although that would be neat!)

You can't compare this game with a game like LoL where communication is key to success and everyone starts to flame you when you make mistakes. That's a total different story.

And I hope the forums get moderated well. But so far there hasn't been many problems here, the community has been very productive so far.

Aradon
06-13-2013, 07:33 PM

and just because I felt a small twinge of guilt, I will add some feedback. They have already answered questions about the secondary market.

You know what they say: Too many goblins ruin the.... well, everything.

Talreth
06-13-2013, 07:34 PM
I don't get this toxic player talk. The only relevant player interaction in this game will be with your friends and your guild. If one of those flame you I am very sad for you. You don't que up for a PvP game to chat, if your opponent flames you: just mute him.

You can't compare this game with a game like LoL where communication is key to success and everyone starts to flame you when you make mistakes. That's a total different story.

And I hope the forums get moderated well. But so far there hasn't been many problems here, the community has been very productive so far.

wow bro do you even pug raids? My dad had to go to therapy for three years after getting called "scrublord" because his GS was too low

Zomnivore
06-13-2013, 07:35 PM
we're not anymore, I added feedback. now I have to delete it. thanks obama

If I twinge 5 more heart strings I can have a blood themed guitar solo bewwowwwww.

I don't know how much their stance on the 2ndary market thing applies here. You're always going to have policing of seriously problematic players, I think its a pretty novel problem and one I'm hoping they'd thought of.

Never know, they might have been just so set for the honey moon after funding that they didn't think of the community being a negative in any way at all.

If someones in game communication is limited it could affect their ability to trade and yadda yadda its an interesting nuanced problem.

Talreth
06-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Oh. I read your thing wrong. Uhhhhhhhhh, I'm pretty sure their stance will be tough luck. Just my guess though. From what I've seen of Cory, he treats his fans as equally as possible while also having firm lines that won't be crossed (namely exploiting but there might be behavioral ones). I'm going to assume that to get banned in Hex for behavior you will have to literally spout vitriol at every opportunity to as many people as humanly possible at every given instant, and possibly add mods so you can pm them hatespeech.

DjiN
06-13-2013, 07:42 PM
wow bro do you even pug raids? My dad had to go to therapy for three years after getting called "scrublord" because his GS was too low

You do raids with friends or your guild. So what?

Corpselocker
06-13-2013, 07:42 PM
As I have stated in other threads, toxic players will not find a guild to play in. They will get cut out of guild wars. They won't get to be a part of the growing community. So, the players themselves can help police each other in this fashion.

Talreth
06-13-2013, 07:43 PM
You do raids with friends or your guild. So what?

I'm confused. Are you saying that I said I did that? Or are you saying that I should do that

Punk
06-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Your post was well constructed and has valid points.. unfortunately, the second half of your post has been covered in a few threads over the last few weeks. The search function on this forum is very, very good.

I personally don't think that there will need to be any special precautions to pacify the player base. This is just like any other MMO and TCG. You will have your very competitive player base, your purely casual player base, and a mixtre of the two. It may be a little odd because this is a completely new genre, so it may take until the first block (first year) is out until prices stabilize and the community settles. I think the initial launch of WoW TCG would be as close to the caliber of a launch I can reference since it has its MMO and TCG aspects.. even though they were completely separate entities.

No comment on your Goblin Cooking Pot reference.

Mokog
06-13-2013, 08:05 PM
I think its fair to project that the community will be pretty abrasive and cut throat.
You have a capitalistic trading system as a key component, a system where game balance affects that market, and a competitive gaming atmosphere with clear winners and losers.

From what I have experienced thus far, it is not a fair projection of the community. I have seen backers on the kick starter be helpful, encouraging and inquisitive and the forums have been a generally open discourse. Bad apples will be in the bunches.

CZE is full of professionals and are not new at this whole moderator thing. If you truly believe that the capitalistic trading component of the game will breed such vitriol, don't support the systems when you play the game. Form your own guild of like minded people and never use the auction house. Best part of an MMO is you can pick who you hear from the most.

We could attempt to over analyze your original suppositions but we are all friends here and we all want a fun gaming experience from Hex.

Kerustyx
06-13-2013, 08:23 PM
As I have stated in other threads, toxic players will not find a guild to play in. They will get cut out of guild wars. They won't get to be a part of the growing community. So, the players themselves can help police each other in this fashion.

Yes, because all the toxic people won't just band together to make a toxic guild.

funktion
06-13-2013, 10:45 PM
I think the OP is being alarmist...

Gwaer
06-13-2013, 11:47 PM
If all the alarmist posts were removed, we'd all just be left with kyle wrestling bears, and people trying to buy lotus gardens for 10 packs.

Malicus
06-13-2013, 11:52 PM
Yes, because all the toxic people won't just band together to make a toxic guild.

Sounds good to me. You choose to crush them or ignore them but they are in one place not bothering me either way.