PDA

View Full Version : Why is CZE absent from the forum?!?!?!

TimeZero
06-14-2013, 02:55 AM
I like CZE for what they've done, but THE thing I am annoyed with is the lack of presence of them on the forum. Take Riot Games, they post regularly on their forums and it's not only 1 person doing it. Even Marc "Tryndamere" Merill is posting...the freaking President is lurking on the forum sometimes.

Riot is kinda big and nothing has changed, so I don't see why CZE (who call themselves a "fan first" company) aren't present with their said fans...

The bitter feeling I have now is they were there while they wanted our money for the Kickstarter and now that they are funded they disappeared again....same thing with WoW TCG.

If you really are "fan first" as you claim, answer our questions, create some threads to have discussions on specific topic where you want our inputs, joke with us, JUST BE PRESENT LIKE A FAN IS.

I may be biased because I'm used to how Riot interact with its community, but I always feel we are heard somehow on Riot's forum.

Oaka23
06-14-2013, 02:56 AM
you do realize the amount of work they have to do now that the KS is over right? They're getting a sudden influx of 2+ million dollars and kinda need to sort shit out.

Give them some time.

jaxsonbateman
06-14-2013, 03:04 AM
you do realize the amount of work they have to do now that the KS is over right? They're getting a sudden influx of 2+ million dollars and kinda need to sort shit out.

Give them some time.
+1

I'd much rather have them working their TCG loving asses off rather than staying here and chilling with us.

Malicus
06-14-2013, 03:07 AM
Forum communication should be secondary to development at this time - once they have things locked up we will see them more again. They may even have some people working away in the background to roll out a new forum structure etc. They pushed out a ton of information in a short time during the kickstarter and we pretty much bled them dry.

Khazrakh
06-14-2013, 03:09 AM
Forum communication should be secondary to development at this time - once they have things locked up we will see them more again. They may even have some people working away in the background to roll out a new forum structure etc. They pushed out a ton of information in a short time during the kickstarter and we pretty much bled them dry.

Exactly the point. I prefer having a polished game to play as soon as possible instead of joking around with the guys... ;)

Arbiter
06-14-2013, 03:10 AM
Plus there was a convention to go to this week and I would imagine some are taking a break. Plus they have to find a bear for Kyle to wrestle. They have had some activity, so we know they are reading the forums.

Athravan
06-14-2013, 03:19 AM
They're under a lot of pressure right now to sort out these funds and give us the high quality product we've all put our faith behind. I know it's frustrating not to get news and feedback, but they are a small company and this is their most critical time for putting everything into development and getting it right. Joking with us and chatting with us at this point should really be their lowest priority - I think most of the people who kickstarted have faith in them to do the job right without us needing constant reassurance of their presence.

That being said; perhaps hiring a few community managers wouldn't be a bad thing, especially to get the game a bigger presence on social networks and of course to work with us here... but I really don't think anyone in development should be worrying about having to hold our hands right now.

ossuary
06-14-2013, 03:42 AM
Also don't forget the fact that they went to E3. Nobody sane expects a company to be posting updates and actively engaging with their at-home community during E3. This whole week is always a write-off in the game world. :p

Xenavire
06-14-2013, 03:47 AM
I like CZE for what they've done, but THE thing I am annoyed with is the lack of presence of them on the forum. Take Riot Games, they post regularly on their forums and it's not only 1 person doing it. Even Marc "Tryndamere" Merill is posting...the freaking President is lurking on the forum sometimes.

Riot is kinda big and nothing has changed, so I don't see why CZE (who call themselves a "fan first" company) aren't present with their said fans...

The bitter feeling I have now is they were there while they wanted our money for the Kickstarter and now that they are funded they disappeared again....same thing with WoW TCG.

If you really are "fan first" as you claim, answer our questions, create some threads to have discussions on specific topic where you want our inputs, joke with us, JUST BE PRESENT LIKE A FAN IS.

I may be biased because I'm used to how Riot interact with its community, but I always feel we are heard somehow on Riot's forum.

I am sure some of our members could also point you towards some delicious Cory posts - he lurks. He lurks a lot.

Mavian
06-14-2013, 03:51 AM
Corey has posted a few times here already and Kyle lurks around. Honestly, for discussion, it's better that they don't get involved I find. For example, whenever Ghostcrawler or CM posts on the Blizzard forums the discussion stops and becomes more of a pointed thread asking them to provide answers now that everyone knows they're reading the thread.

I just think it's more important to know they are reading and considering the feedback, but the discussion are organic and genuine made by the community and not spurred or led by CZE responses.

Shadowelf
06-14-2013, 04:46 AM
I don't think they are absent, most likely they are the watchers in the dark. Not interfering doesn't necessarily mean they are not reading or don't care

Nexi
06-14-2013, 04:55 AM
My guess is that they have someone sifting through the information and ideas that have some merit and passing them up the chain of command. Also there is a convention that is kind of a big deal at the moment and is likely taking some time away from peoples schedules.

Mike411
06-14-2013, 05:03 AM
It's not feasible for every company to maintain a forum presence the likes of which Riot has. Besides, before they do that I'd want to see a "Purpletracker" to track staff posts easier.

AstaSyneri
06-14-2013, 05:28 AM
They just finished a huge Kickstarter with going to E3 immediately afterwards. That's a huge drain on PR resources.

While I am sure the programmers and designers are hard at work, the "mouth" of the company is where the foot is: On the road.

Give them a few days and I am sure they'll be back to us. The Kickstarter crowd has been way too successful a PR outlet not to continue to feed it.

shibs
06-14-2013, 05:38 AM
http://wowtcg.cryptozoic.com/tournaments/continental-championships/2013-north-american-continental-championship

They just went from E3 right into NACC, in two different cities. Pretty busy week for them. Cut them some slack.

panzer
06-14-2013, 05:43 AM
'When you do things right people won't know you've done anything at all"

~god

10 chars

Kietay
06-14-2013, 05:55 AM
Worst topic yet. They are making the game right now. Even if they weren't they are not obligated to be on the forums and I would not want them to do it just to appease fans. If they do, it is nice, if they don't, we always have each other :rolleyes:

Rydavim
06-14-2013, 05:56 AM
Echoing what pretty much everyone else has said here - they are extremely busy right now, and not a huge company. Be patient. If they start missing their promised updates, or are still absent when the final product is passed release, then there may be something amiss. Considering some of the stretch goals we reached on KS, they're probably also trying to deal with an influx of new team members. It will be a little while before forum presence is anywhere near the top of the priority list, and I agree with that.

It might be frustrating to hear the same defenses from so many, but I hope you'll take these as words of encouragement. Just because this is how it is during a whirlwind of PR, hiring, and development, there's a good chance it will not be that way forever. I believe that our patience will be rewarded with a great product, and a great community behind it. :)

Mexalen
06-14-2013, 05:58 AM
+1

I'd much rather have them working their TCG loving asses off rather than staying here and chilling with us.

+1!

Keznath
06-14-2013, 06:03 AM
Yeah, let them work ! ^^

OP_Kyle
06-14-2013, 06:08 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to give a quick note on this thread so you know what's up. This week is both E3 and our North American Continental Championships for our World of Warcraft Trading Card Game in Vegas. The entire R&D team and Cory is out of the office. Bear with us during this very busy time.

Appreciate it.

Indormi
06-14-2013, 06:09 AM
. Bear with us during this very busy time.

Appreciate it.

I see what you did there

Hollywood
06-14-2013, 06:09 AM
1. They just got done sending some people to E3.

2. They are holding WoW NACC's in Vegas this weekend.

3. They're still trying to find a way to trick Kyle into signing an indemnity agreement for his bear fight.

Chill out.

Hollywood
06-14-2013, 06:10 AM
Kyle beat me to it. :(

Mavian
06-14-2013, 06:22 AM
I see what you did there

Bear wrestling confirmed

Svenn
06-14-2013, 06:38 AM
Also don't forget the fact that they went to E3. Nobody sane expects a company to be posting updates and actively engaging with their at-home community during E3. This whole week is always a write-off in the game world. :p

Everyone has already said it... E3 and they are now hard at work on the game. Besides, you do see some occasional posts from some of the Crypto guys, including Cory. You can't expect them to sit on the forums all day or else it would never come out!

jaxsonbateman
06-14-2013, 06:40 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to give a quick note on this thread so you know what's up. This week is both E3 and our North American Continental Championships for our World of Warcraft Trading Card Game in Vegas. The entire R&D team and Cory is out of the office. Bear with us during this very busy time.

Appreciate it.
Thanks Kyle, and please know that the majority of us forum users understand what's going on. The OP is an outlier. But thanks for confirming what we thought to be true.

Daer
06-14-2013, 06:44 AM
Glad the Bear is helping out while you are shorthanded.

Stok3d
06-14-2013, 06:47 AM
Glad the Bear is helping out while you are shorthanded.

lol

Lordy
06-14-2013, 06:49 AM
100% agree on game first

Though with such a fantastic ks campaing, hiring now a community leader would be the right move in the right moment.

Hollywood
06-14-2013, 06:53 AM
100% agree on game first

Though with such a fantastic ks campaing, hiring now a community leader would be the right move in the right moment.

*raises hand* :)

Shadowelf
06-14-2013, 07:10 AM
100% agree on game first

Hiring /promoting some ppl to mods wouldn't hurt either

ossuary
06-14-2013, 07:44 AM
We have confirmation that CZE has hired Gentle Ben.

Will he be the community manager?

Rapkannibale
06-14-2013, 08:07 AM
Being a board game company they probably don't have dedicated community managers on staff. However now that they are entering the digital space I would think they should get someone whose job it is to interact with the community on the forums.

Do agree that the dev team should focus on working on the game. :)

jai151
06-14-2013, 08:14 AM
We have confirmation that CZE has hired Gentle Ben.

Will he be the community manager?

That would be pretty damn awesome.

"Thread has been locked. RAWR!"

- Gentle Ben

ossuary
06-14-2013, 08:32 AM
When Ben inevitably goes on a rampage and eats a troll (or maybe just the food on the Kraft Services table), and they have to tranquilize him, I nominate myself to take his place. If we're gonna hire someone to keep the boards in check, might as well throw my hat in early. ;)

Zomnivore
06-14-2013, 09:20 AM
They read the forums and comment on them in their videos, so I think thats some form of participation.

TimeZero
06-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Thanks Kyle, and please know that the majority of us forum users understand what's going on. The OP is an outlier. But thanks for confirming what we thought to be true.

I'm an outlier? LOL! I am not in Vegas presently because of budget restrictions otherwise I'd be sitting at a table right now for the NACC. Hex may not be out yet, but I assure you since day 1 WoW TCG was taken over by CZE, we are still waiting for some answers. People here are twisting what I said by going to the extreme. I am not asking for a 24/7 coverage of the forum, but some Purple posts regarding legit concerns whatever the game would be appreciated.

For Riot, it's not only the PR team who are answering on some threads, there are some IT guys, Dev guys, Art guys AND THE FREAKING PRESIDENT. Cory lurks on the forum? I have yet to see a post. The forum here has nowhere near the volume of posts of Riot Games, so when someone asks something and the thread stays on page 1 for days, I would expect at some point a Purple post.

If you ever went to Riot's General Discussion, your thread stays on page 1 for at most 30 secs and still I see red posts frequently.

Avedecus
06-14-2013, 09:28 AM
I am not asking for a 24/7 coverage of the forum, but some Purple posts regarding legit concerns whatever the game would be appreciated.

The game is still in pre-alpha development. You've clearly had experience with Riot, their posting styles, and the community's general reaction. So try and remember what happens when a developer attempts to reach out to the community, getting them excited for one thing, but later in development that thing winds up changing. Doesn't ever end too well, does it?

jaxsonbateman
06-14-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm an outlier? LOL! I am not in Vegas presently because of budget restrictions otherwise I'd be sitting at a table right now for the NACC. Hex may not be out yet, but I assure you since day 1 WoW TCG was taken over by CZE, we are still waiting for some answers. People here are twisting what I said by going to the extreme. I am not asking for a 24/7 coverage of the forum, but some Purple posts regarding legit concerns whatever the game would be appreciated.

For Riot, it's not only the PR team who are answering on some threads, there are some IT guys, Dev guys, Art guys AND THE FREAKING PRESIDENT. Cory lurks on the forum? I have yet to see a post. The forum here has nowhere near the volume of posts of Riot Games, so when someone asks something and the thread stays on page 1 for days, I would expect at some point a Purple post.

If you ever went to Riot's General Discussion, your thread stays on page 1 for at most 30 secs and still I see red posts frequently.
Your topic is asking why they're absent from the forums, and in your OP you say it annoys you. I consider most people around here don't need to ask that question as they know why, and it isn't annoying them - hence, outlier.

Also, those folks don't always reply, but they are around. Kyle replied in this very thread. The main reason it's hard to tell if/when they're replying is there's no purple tracker.

Indormi
06-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Cory has also posted some times in these forums.

dogmod
06-14-2013, 09:44 AM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/member.php?u=5717

jgsugden
06-14-2013, 09:54 AM
We have no needs now, only wants (unless someone overcharged your credit card or there is some other payment issue with your KS payment). They promised nothing to you until around the time Alpha goes live. Until then, we have no right to expect anything out of them other than that they're hard at work drinking away the money we gave them in the Kickstarter. Errrr... working hard on the game, I mean.

Patience is a virtue. It'll probably also be a card at some point. But you'll have to be patient if you want one.

Hollywood
06-14-2013, 10:01 AM

To be fair, a week or so ago I started a thread asking if they would be using a best of 3 game system and Cory answered within 5 minutes. Just have to realize that not everybody will be on here all the time, and everybody isn't going to answer all the time either.

mainstager
06-14-2013, 10:46 AM

Give them some time.

+++1