PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to merge my accounts?

Nimitz
06-14-2013, 09:01 AM
I got Pro-Player(Kickstarter) and a King(Pay Pal) both with same email. I read somewhere they will be merging those.

Here is what I am hoping to do, move everything from my king to my pro player account. Then use the king account to set up a account for my nephew(only 10yr). In that account I would build a couple decks and send some of my extra cards so he could have some deck building experience. I am sure I will be make most of his deck for a couple years if he likes the game. The longer I play the more card his account would have and he will also earn some of his own and if he really likes the game he will be able to buy packs on his own. Also this will let him have the exclusive champions that would disappear if the accounts where merged.

Thanks

Captain_Obvious
06-14-2013, 09:01 AM
~ nope ~

jaxsonbateman
06-14-2013, 09:07 AM
You can have separate accounts. The only stipulation is that they need to have different credit cards linked to them. Also, if they're both for you, you can't sign up to the VIP program with them both (though if one's for your neph that should be fine I'd imagine).

Tathel
06-14-2013, 09:25 AM
I think what you could do is just have your nephew have a free account and trade him anything you would want to buy for him. (Buy via your account first) I don't think there will be a CC requirement for a free account, probably just at the payment point.

I don't think king got any perks that weren't tradable?

Daer
06-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Yeah just keep them separate and mail everything you want from the King to the Pro Player and then give your nephew the King account.

I don't think king got any perks that weren't tradable?

Mercenaries and sleeves aren't tradeable.

Tathel
06-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Mercenaries and sleeves aren't tradeable.

Are you sure I totally thought at least sleeves would be?

Cory mentioned at E3 they would probably be booster treasure chest drops. Would be annoying if they weren't tradable and you got doubles or such.

Captain_Obvious
06-14-2013, 09:40 AM

Cory mentioned at E3 they would probably be booster treasure chest drops. Would be annoying if they weren't tradable and you got doubles or such.

KS sleeve/mercs perks are confirmed untradeable, as for chest drops they could very well be tradeable but we have no info at this time

Tathel
06-14-2013, 09:41 AM
KS sleeve/mercs perks are confirmed untradeable, as for chest drops they could very well be tradeable but we have no info at this time

Oh ok, that makes sense ^_^

Qorsair
06-14-2013, 09:42 AM

Yep, Cory said Mercs and sleeves are account-bound.

Nimitz
06-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the answers, so basically as long as I don't VIP the second account I should be fine. Later he can get his mom to VIP it if he wants. But now I have a new question can you trade directly between two accounts or do you have to go thru the auction house. When I last played MTG:Tactics I had to send everything thru the auction house I wanted to trade, don't think it will be like that here but would like a confirmation.

Daer
06-14-2013, 05:05 PM
They said there is a mail system and you can trade directly.