PDA

View Full Version : Current Games You're Playing To Pass The Time Until Hex

ZeroCool
06-14-2013, 12:07 PM
I plan on dropping out of a lot of the games I'm currently playing, and investing that time into Hex. For now though, there are some games I'm playing just to pass the time. What are you playing?

MMO - Guild Wars (likely to stop playing when Hex is available)
ITCG - Clash of Dragons (likely to stop playing when Hex is available)
ITCG - Eredan (likely to stop playing when Hex is available)
PC - War Z (likely to stop playing when Hex is available)
PC - Gotham City Imposters
Facebook - War of Mercenaries
Console - COD Black Ops 2
Console - Skyrim (likely to stop playing when Hex is available)

caffn8d
06-14-2013, 12:08 PM
MMO - Marvel Heroes
Cards - Android: Netrunner
iPad- Penny Arcade: Deckbuilding game
PC- League of Legends, Natural Selection 2

jaxsonbateman
06-14-2013, 12:10 PM
RL - the game of exam study :-P

Besides that, Texas Hold 'Em on FB. Pretty much the rest of my time is going out or doing Hex-related stuff like YT.

SamCube
06-14-2013, 12:14 PM
I just have a Mac and a PS3, I use Mac almost for work only, just some exceptions.
PS3 Magic 2014 no one? Out on 26th. Perfect place to learn and to satisfy a little card duels and even draft format. (will stop once Hex is out)
PS3 Dark Souls II
PS3 Beyond two souls (october, maybe I'm too busy already with HEX ^__^)
MAC Banner Saga (free to play online, steam) Awesome tactic battles.

CoolGrayAJ
06-14-2013, 12:29 PM
A week or so ago, I was playing two dCCGs -- Shadow Era and Scrolls. I talked about it here http://coolgraycorner.com/2013/06/06/what-to-play-while-we-wait-for-hex/

Currently, these are what I'm playing:
PC: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Scrolls, Card Hunter, Infinite Crisis
PS3: The Last of Us, Injustice: Gods Among Us
Xbox 360: Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition ver.2012
iOS: Solforge

tautologico
06-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Magic Online (Modern Masters drafts starting today!)
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014, will be out soon (It has a sealed deck campaign now, open 6 packs and build a deck, seems cool)

Aside from that, not much more time available to play games, I'd really like to play The Last of Us on PS3 but I don't know if I'll be able to right now.

primer
06-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Magic Online (Modern Masters drafts starting today!)
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014, will be out soon (It has a sealed deck campaign now, open 6 packs and build a deck, seems cool

Yep, planeswalker 2014 is a week and a bit away, should tide me over.

Clay_B
06-14-2013, 12:47 PM
The Song of Ice & Fire mod for Civ V. Also playing Order & Chaos Duels on Android, but only because I can't find anything better until Hex.

I'll probably check out the Org raid in WoW when that goes live

FranBunnyFFXII
06-14-2013, 12:49 PM
World of Warcraft
Guild Wars 2
Vindictus
TERA: Rising
I'm waiting for wildstar and hex to round out my online gaming experience

ZeroCool
06-14-2013, 12:52 PM
A week or so ago, I was playing two dCCGs -- Shadow Era and Scrolls. I talked about it here http://coolgraycorner.com/2013/06/06/what-to-play-while-we-wait-for-hex/

Currently, these are what I'm playing:
PC: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Scrolls, Card Hunter, Infinite Crisis
PS3: The Last of Us, Injustice: Gods Among Us
Xbox 360: Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition ver.2012
iOS: Solforge

I was playing Shadow Era for a while. It's just hard to manage a game like that on your iPhone. It's quality though, played it for a while.

caffn8d
06-14-2013, 12:55 PM
Oh yes... forgot about SolForge. Definitely looking forward to Wildstar as well. The art in that game is fantastic.

Mebius
06-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, after I finish that, I'm planing to start ICO and Shadow of the Colossus

Daer
06-14-2013, 01:04 PM
I preordered DotP 2014 on Steam so I'll play that when it releases. Currently I'm replaying Fallout 3.

I have a bunch of games on my PC that I have started but haven't finished yet so I'll probably try to complete as many as possible before the Hex alpha:

Heart of the Swarm, Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Dishonored, AC: Brotherhood, Borderlands 2, Kingdoms of Amalur, Spec Ops

PopEye
06-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers, because its only 10$...
Counter Strike Global Offensive
Spec Ops: The Line
Dota 2

might finish a few more games i've started or none at all, depends on the mood :D
not gonna come back to Guild Wars 2 though, after 1800 hours i have nothing more to do in it. only a big expansion can bring me back.

Gregzilla
06-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Just started playing Borderlands 2 to pass the time. :)

ZeroCool
06-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Just started playing Borderlands 2 to pass the time. :)

It's a lot of fun, especially with friends. Expansions didn't add enough content in my opinion.

Svenn
06-14-2013, 01:18 PM
I've been playing Prime World: Defenders. http://store.steampowered.com/app/235360/?snr=1_7_15__13

It's a tower defense game mashed with a card game. The main gameplay is that of a tower defense game (similar to Defense Grid in a lot of ways). However, for beating levels (some of which are randomly generated) you earn loot in the form of cards. The cards are towers and magic spells that you use in the main tower defense part of the game. You can combine/upgrade cards, build a custom loadout, and then enter a level and play with your custom tower "deck".

It's all single player and it's not quite a CCG or anything, but it's a ton of fun!

Also playing:
PC - Guild Wars 2, Path of Exile
Wii U/3DS - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (best game series ever)
Other: Lots of board games!

Goombus
06-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Oh yes... forgot about SolForge. Definitely looking forward to Wildstar as well. The art in that game is fantastic.

Heard that they said that Wildstar is going to be the new WoW. Looking forward to whether they can walk the walk and not just all talk. :D

The game looks awesome though!

Athravan
06-14-2013, 01:24 PM
I play a LOT of games, like, pretty much the majority of AAA titles that come out for PC I will play, also a lot of the indies as well so I'm pretty sure I'll play dozens, if not more, of games, before Hex comes out. I've also got 4 projects backed as well as Hex at the moment and I'm excited about all of them. I'm playing a few betas, including Dragon's Prophet (MMO) and Scrolls. I dabble a bit in Path of Exile and Diablo III with friends when bored and I play at least 2-3 game of league of legends a day.

Basically, a LOT of games. Do we have a steam group for Hex fans now I think about it?

Mike411
06-14-2013, 01:27 PM
PS3 Beyond two souls (october, maybe I'm too busy already with HEX ^__^)

THIS. Even with KS rewards and drafts probably released by that point, this is the one game I have to make time for. If anyone hasn't tried Heavy Rain (by the same developer), you should do it.

saffamike
06-14-2013, 01:28 PM
I've given up on Scrolls already. Will probably grind DOTP 2014 until Hex arrives to save me.

deejay
06-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Still playing a lot of Ascesion on iOS (card game with great asynchronous play for those with friends on different time schedules) and a spot of Solforge on iPad.

Gregzilla
06-14-2013, 01:40 PM
It's a lot of fun, especially with friends. Expansions didn't add enough content in my opinion.

Sorry. Should say replaying, heh. Got all the DLC except Krieg, so far. Deleted all my characters and am having a fresh start.

ZeroCool
06-14-2013, 01:44 PM
I've given up on Scrolls already. Will probably grind DOTP 2014 until Hex arrives to save me.

I was considering Scrolls for a little while, but wanted to see what other people said about it before I bought it. Haven't heard anything too overly stellar about it.

Draugr
06-14-2013, 01:53 PM
I was considering Scrolls for a little while, but wanted to see what other people said about it before I bought it. Haven't heard anything too overly stellar about it.

Not a lot of cards yet, so you wind up seeing the same thing nearly every match. I got tired of it pretty quickly but it's a neat idea. Hopefully they can flesh out the cards in the future.

Novalius
06-14-2013, 02:04 PM
How could you guys have forgotten about Plants vs Zombies 2? It comes out July 18th, which is a little ways away, but if it's even half as good as the first one then I'll be well occupied for a good few weeks. :)

ZeroCool
06-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Not a lot of cards yet, so you wind up seeing the same thing nearly every match. I got tired of it pretty quickly but it's a neat idea. Hopefully they can flesh out the cards in the future.

Seems silly to have a limited amount of cards at launch.

Tyrfang
06-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Seems silly to have a limited amount of cards at launch.

It's a "beta".

SamCube
06-14-2013, 02:09 PM
I forgot to say Talisman: Prologue (digital board classic game). Playing on my android and netbook. It's hell of fun, waiting for the multiplayer now.
http://www.talisman-game.com/

CoolGrayAJ
06-14-2013, 02:10 PM
I was playing Shadow Era for a while. It's just hard to manage a game like that on your iPhone. It's quality though, played it for a while.

You can play Shadow Era on your PC, too :)

Kirian
06-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Dominion! New cards just came out today.

Glad to see Ascension and Netrunner mentioned by people above.

Rtsands45
06-14-2013, 02:15 PM
I've been playing a lot of the dc deck building game from cze. And obviously a lot of mtg mainly what its known as edh or commander.

Shadowelf
06-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Might & Magic-Duel of champions and Descent 2nd ed. with my buddies. Mtg (legacy) once per month when we have a tournament at a local gaming store

saffamike
06-14-2013, 02:18 PM
How could you guys have forgotten about Plants vs Zombies 2? It comes out July 18th, which is a little ways away, but if it's even half as good as the first one then I'll be well occupied for a good few weeks. :)

Finally a real option! Plants vs Zombies 2 will do me just fine.

Punk
06-14-2013, 02:25 PM
Marvel Heroes. I also got into the FF14 ARR Beta, but I haven't had time to download the client yet.

Apparition
06-14-2013, 02:26 PM
FFXIV Beta

Credendo
06-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Been enjoying the heck out of Card Hunters. Got my beta invite shortly before the end of the HEX campaign, and I must say it's an incredibly tightly designed game. Even for beta everything feels polished and balanced. Honestly between it and hex I'm fairly sure I'll be broke by next summer.

CoolGrayAJ
06-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Finally a real option! Plants vs Zombies 2 will do me just fine.

You guys will want to follow my blog. I'm publishing a hands-on review and video I took of it at E3 :)

Draugr
06-14-2013, 02:48 PM
FFXIV Beta

I just got in to that this morning. Can't wait to get the hell out of work and play some.

ossuary
06-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Currently replaying Sleeping Dogs, going to be playing Last of Us very soon... keep hoping Saint's Row 3 will show up on PS+ soon to get the hype on for the next one, so I can replay that, too. Not much time for non-couch gaming these days. :-)

saffamike
06-14-2013, 02:56 PM
You guys will want to follow my blog. I'm publishing a hands-on review and video I took of it at E3 :)

Will do!

CodexReaper
06-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Currently going with WoW, Diablo, Mass Effect 3...might pick up Bioshock Infinite depending on how my wallet & boredom are in the next few weeks. :P I'm hoping the Hex Alpha will come July or early August, tbh.

IndigoShade
06-14-2013, 03:39 PM
FFXIV Beta
Patching now!

ZeroCool
06-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Currently going with WoW, Diablo, Mass Effect 3...might pick up Bioshock Infinite depending on how my wallet & boredom are in the next few weeks. :P I'm hoping the Hex Alpha will come July or early August, tbh.

Likely the end of August. They said Alpha will be a few weeks before Beta, Beta is Septemeber. So realistically, Late August at the earliest :'(

Pick up Bioshock, well worth it.

Captain_Obvious
06-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Likely the end of August. They said Alpha will be a few weeks before Beta, Beta is Septemeber. So realistically, Late August at the earliest :'(

Pick up Bioshock, well worth it.

~ Translation partaaay whooo ~

May is the end of August. Α beta a few weeks before September. True may end soon: ' the ( select bio shock value.

Banquetto
06-14-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm playing Kings & Legends Global. It's a fun little PvP/PvE TCG.. sure it's nothing like the quality Hex will be though! ;)

Apparition
06-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Patching now!

The graphics are quite good imo, but I haven't played enough to know how improved the game is or if it's any good. Guess I'll find out soon!

Xtopher
06-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Bopping back and forth between Borderlands 2 and Skyrim. Kind of dropped into a gaming funk waiting for Hex. Maybe will replay BioShock Inf on the 1999 setting. New Civ V expansion coming out in a couple weeks so that will be worth looking at, prolly.

But, yeah, funked....

CrownZero
06-14-2013, 07:18 PM
MMO - Neverwinter (likely to slow for Hex)
TCG - MTG (EDH/Commander)
PC - Sim City (likely to stop for Hex)
Board Game - Ghettopoly
RLG - Morton's List
Console - Skyrim & Skylanders
Tablet - Contre Jour, Naught, NHex

CrownZero
06-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Bopping back and forth between Borderlands 2 and Skyrim. Kind of dropped into a gaming funk waiting for Hex. Maybe will replay BioShock Inf on the 1999 setting. New Civ V expansion coming out in a couple weeks so that will be worth looking at, prolly.

But, yeah, funked....

I feel your pain...:(

mikonanaki
06-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Kingdom Conquest 2 (iphone)
Shining Force (iphone)
Defiance (PC)
LoL (PC)

CodexReaper
06-14-2013, 07:26 PM

But, yeah, funked....

It doesn't help after watching all the E3 presentations, trailers, etc - so many good games, so much good stuff...but, tragically, still months & months away. It's kinda depressing, really...

Ravallian
06-14-2013, 07:44 PM
SWTOR and FFXIV for me.

keroko
06-14-2013, 08:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAWrCcE6Cnw

if you've never been a shin'hare... well, you know. it's like a soap opera, all inbred.

Lochar
06-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Shining Force (iphone)

Emulator or did I miss this getting released to phone? And is it on android?

Ranger58
06-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Guild Wars 2 (WvWvW)
Ingress

Gwaer
06-14-2013, 10:25 PM
I have no way of knowing this, but wildstar is amazing.

CoS
06-14-2013, 10:40 PM
iOS Ascension

Lots of Lord of The Rings CCG (Decipher). Free to play, web based so tablet friendly, daily tournaments, leagues, sealed events, packs, foils, and Tengwar cards.

http://gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/

Check it out :) .... Fan built 2E is up and running.

taveren
06-14-2013, 11:10 PM
last of us came out today

shame is probably not a 60 hour game thought so i'll be done soon

SeaOfInsanity
06-14-2013, 11:51 PM
PC - Guns of Icarus and a wide variety of old school games I got from Steam and GOG sales
PS3 - I'll be picking up Last of Us soon.

whythelastman
06-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Just got Ascension on iOS because of the mentions in this thread. Really enjoying it so far! Will be playing that and Knights of the Pen and Paper on my iPhone.

Will go back to Urban Rivalz a little bit.

ossuary
06-15-2013, 05:03 PM
I installed Fez on my PC this weekend (never had an xbox). Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig mistake. I'm in deep, yo. :-)

Reddaye
06-15-2013, 05:12 PM
I've jumped back into playing Ascension on IOS. Been considering grabbing the physical set and getting some people together to play. It's an extremely fun game that doesn't require a huge money investment like regular TCGs.

fallof9lives
06-15-2013, 07:31 PM
An Android Netrunner player, huh? I just picked up the base set and started playing last week. Love it, interesting game. The time isn't the factor (you're talking about a CCG that you can play tournaments and any time of night, afterall), it's the money. Thanks to the LCG quality of Android: Netrunner, I dont necessarily have to stop playing it to fund my soon to be Hex addiction. Marvel: War of Heroes will have to stop though for me.

DanTheMeek
06-15-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm playing Kings & Legends Global. It's a fun little PvP/PvE TCG.. sure it's nothing like the quality Hex will be though! ;)

Wow, like seriously, thank you for pointing this game out. I was starving for a tcg-ish game to keep me busy until hex came out and I thought I'd tried just about everything out there that didn't require an i-pad or having participated in some kickstarter I'd already missed and nothing really stuck but this game seems like exactly what I've been looking for. Honestly, while I don't feel it does everything right, I think there is a lot hex could learn from this game as its more or less aiming to be the exact same thing, an MMORP TCG. Heck even some of the stuff it does wrong could be good lessons to learn from.

I'd definitely recommend checking out this game to anyone who wants a taste of what the PvE Hex experience might be like. I think at some point I'm gonna run out of pve content or just burn out on it, and the pay to win card balance is likely to keep me from ever really getting into this game on a deep PvP level, but I'm gonna enjoy the pve ride as long as it will last me. Its battle system may be unorthodox, and not nearly as deep as I suspect hex will be, but its infinitely superior to sword girls, and I love how it was practically designed with 2v2, 2v1, 3v1, and 4v1 raid battles in mind. I will say I tried my first 4v4 pvp battle recently and that was kind of a mess, just way too many players and way too much going on.

But yeah, regardless, thanks again Banquetto.

wayne
06-15-2013, 10:16 PM
candy crush

ev1lb0b
06-17-2013, 01:29 AM
BattleCraft, it's a browser based tcg with some nice features for a f2p game. It's got 4-6 person raiding which works really well and an invasion type event every weekend that 100+ players all participate in....some nice ideas there for Hex to expand the multiplayer PVE experience.

www.gameshydra.com

Avii
06-17-2013, 05:41 AM
I have been playing Duels of Champions (online lane card game based on Heroes of Might and Magic), WoW and my WiiU. Though I may try battlecraft.

badalchemist
06-17-2013, 05:56 AM
I haven't played a TCG in ages (yoohoo SW:CCG), so I picked up Magic DotP just to get my basic skills back.

herman
06-17-2013, 05:59 AM
I've been playing Scrolls, UnEpic, Awesomenauts and Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm

LexC
06-17-2013, 06:04 AM
PC: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
There isn't really anything else I play at the moment.

kraluk
06-17-2013, 06:39 AM
PC: Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Civilization 5, Dota 2, League of Legends, Saints Row 3, Audiosurf, Flat out 2.

I don't play Console games (my TV broke 2 years ago..). The game I play the most of the above is Audiosurf though, easiest to start and quit and playing your favorite music is just amazing.

PowderedToastMan
06-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Guys,

Have been playing a game since its launch and still love it! Its called "Culdcept Saga" for the Xbox 360 it is an awesome TCG/board game and I still enjoy the heck outta it. If anyone can find a copy or I believe it is available for Download through Microsoft as well, give it a chance you wont be sorry.

Please give me feedback if you enjoy and I can give you my Xbox tag.

Cheers,

FranzVonG
06-17-2013, 07:02 AM
just reinstalled Victoria 2... it will take me occupied until August, then it's Europa Universalis IV until HEX

AstaSyneri
06-17-2013, 07:04 AM
EVE Online, Civ 5 and Orcs Must Die 2 in Co-Op mode, OOTP 13/14 (http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-of-the-park-baseball/index.php) are the ones I currently default to.

The latter is an amazing Indie sports management game. I am not a baseball fan by far, and still love the game. While at home I often sim games when I work at something else - at least gives me the illusion I am playing rather than working.

I am not going to play any other TCGs before Hex. I paid enough for this particular bride, so I am not going to go astray before the consumption of our ... relationship.

jai151
06-17-2013, 07:06 AM
Batman: Arkham Asylum (got it with my previous video card and finally installed it), Warframe, Civ V, Magic 2013 (soon to be 2014), NFS: Hot Pursuit

That's pretty much it, I don't play many games outside of multiplayer, as you can see from how long it took me to play Batman, heh

jaxsonbateman
06-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Currently decktesting with Magic Workstation and spoiled cards. Instead of sating my hunger for Hex, it's making me crave it even more. Thank heavens every day is a day closer to actually playing!

funktion
06-18-2013, 12:27 AM
Civ 5 is sucking up so much of my freetime... why did I reinstall it.

quaza
06-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Raiding in WoW (OH I'M ONE OF THOOOOSE). Also had The Last of Us pre-ordered, so it should arrive on Wednesday(?).

Poetic
06-18-2013, 03:45 AM
Currently playing The Last of Us. Such a great game.

Soul-of-Void
06-18-2013, 04:48 AM
Just ended Darksiders II so i left with League of Legends mostly or CS 1.6 if im in mood and Blood Brothers on Android.

AstaSyneri
06-18-2013, 04:54 AM

Because it builds a new world procedurally every time, thereby posing a new challenge every time, which is huge fun. :D

Credendo
06-18-2013, 05:08 AM
Guys,

Have been playing a game since its launch and still love it! Its called "Culdcept Saga" for the Xbox 360 it is an awesome TCG/board game and I still enjoy the heck outta it. If anyone can find a copy or I believe it is available for Download through Microsoft as well, give it a chance you wont be sorry.

Please give me feedback if you enjoy and I can give you my Xbox tag.

Cheers,

Oh I loved Culdcept Saga. Not often you find people who play it :)

PowderedToastMan
06-18-2013, 05:17 AM
Woooohooooo! And here i thought i was alone.

Cheers,

keroko
06-18-2013, 06:56 AM
seeing as SE refuses to send me a FFXIV:ARR PC invite...

play SMITE with me!! (player name keroko)

its like DOTA2 or LoL - but actually fun and not all slow like command and conquer 1 / warcraft 3 (personal opinion).

every shot is a skill (aimed) shot, wasd controls, high skill cap, free-to-play.

majin
06-18-2013, 10:06 AM

also playing Civ 5: Gods and Kings while waiting for the "A Brave New World" expansion. It will take up most of my free time while waiting for Hex

Jaydawg6958
06-18-2013, 10:46 AM
This PC game named Warframe is currently in Beta, it's basically space ninjas. I heard about it at E3 since it was coming to the PS4. It's a co-op MMO, has anyone else tried it? https://warframe.com/

drakkon20
06-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Wow, like seriously, thank you for pointing this game out. I was starving for a tcg-ish game to keep me busy until hex came out and I thought I'd tried just about everything out there that didn't require an i-pad or having participated in some kickstarter I'd already missed and nothing really stuck but this game seems like exactly what I've been looking for. Honestly, while I don't feel it does everything right, I think there is a lot hex could learn from this game as its more or less aiming to be the exact same thing, an MMORP TCG. Heck even some of the stuff it does wrong could be good lessons to learn from.

I'd definitely recommend checking out this game to anyone who wants a taste of what the PvE Hex experience might be like. I think at some point I'm gonna run out of pve content or just burn out on it, and the pay to win card balance is likely to keep me from ever really getting into this game on a deep PvP level, but I'm gonna enjoy the pve ride as long as it will last me. Its battle system may be unorthodox, and not nearly as deep as I suspect hex will be, but its infinitely superior to sword girls, and I love how it was practically designed with 2v2, 2v1, 3v1, and 4v1 raid battles in mind. I will say I tried my first 4v4 pvp battle recently and that was kind of a mess, just way too many players and way too much going on.

But yeah, regardless, thanks again Banquetto.

I just played this game for multiple hours without even realizing time was passing. Awesome game and definitely going to help pass the time till Hex comes out.

Xintia
06-20-2013, 10:51 PM
I was putzing with the RIFT F2P conversion, and now I just started another run through of Torchlight 2. I tried selling a kidney for a WildStar beta invite, but no luck. :p

taveren
06-21-2013, 12:14 AM
well last of us took up 2 days of my time now what.

was a great game thought but i wouldn't spend 60 on it, too short

MasterN64
06-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Kerbal space program has grabbed me hardcore. There is something about sending little green square headed men into space on a flimsy stick of explosives and watching it explode on the launchpad that is so funny.

CoS
06-21-2013, 12:41 AM
started playing a bit of Shadow Era (the new update isn't half bad) .... and I like playing on my iPhone5.

drakkon20
06-21-2013, 11:32 AM
well last of us took up 2 days of my time now what.

was a great game thought but i wouldn't spend 60 on it, too short

Gamestop has a dollar per day policy for Last of Us. You spend $60 and if you beat the game in 2 days then you can get $58 back!

Vibraxus
06-21-2013, 01:28 PM
I've jumped back into playing Ascension on IOS. Been considering grabbing the physical set and getting some people together to play. It's an extremely fun game that doesn't require a huge money investment like regular TCGs.

Ascension is such an awesome game. At work on Saturdays its slow, so we setup a table and play Legendary (Cant wait to do some dark city and take on Apocalypse) and Ascension all day

ZeroCool
07-12-2013, 07:10 AM
Anybody play Scrolls?

Heard not so great things about the Beta.

Vibraxus
07-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Dont forget Steam Summer sale started yesterday...

ZeroCool
07-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Dont forget Steam Summer sale started yesterday...

Anything worth noting?

Vibraxus
07-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Anything worth noting?

Nothing I dont already have yet, but they now have FF7. If I didnt still have my orig PS one disks, Id be all over it.

ETA: I take that back, Civ 5 is just 7 bucks....hello new addiction.

ZeroCool
07-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Nothing I dont already have yet, but they now have FF7. If I didnt still have my orig PS one disks, Id be all over it.

ETA: I take that back, Civ 5 is just 7 bucks....hello new addiction.

Does consume a lot of time.

maniza
07-12-2013, 07:56 AM
i have a ton of REAL games for my ipad since there is nothing new on pc atm. im playing xcom and kotor also magic 2014 and duel of champions. all on ipad. great time to get a tablet, theres a ton of things to do. not to mention hex is comming!

Xintia
07-12-2013, 08:27 AM
ZOMG Steam Summer Sale! My wife and my wallet may never forgive me. Actually I've "only" spent $2.50 so far... on a little indie game called Bastion. I was sorely tempted by $30 Bioshock Infinite and $30 Skyrim but managed to resist. Now if XCOM shows up cheap, I will definitely be getting that. :)

Vibraxus
07-12-2013, 08:32 AM
ZOMG Steam Summer Sale! My wife and my wallet may never forgive me. Actually I've "only" spent $2.50 so far... on a little indie game called Bastion. I was sorely tempted by $30 Bioshock Infinite and $30 Skyrim but managed to resist. Now if XCOM shows up cheap, I will definitely be getting that. :)

If they do bundle deals again like last year...well game over.

ZeroCool
07-12-2013, 08:38 AM
i have a ton of REAL games for my ipad since there is nothing new on pc atm. im playing xcom and kotor also magic 2014 and duel of champions. all on ipad. great time to get a tablet, theres a ton of things to do. not to mention hex is comming!

Real games compared to the fictional ones others are playing?

ZeroCool
07-12-2013, 08:39 AM

Hotline Miami is a fun game for $2.50 if you're on a budget ;-)

Xintia
07-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Hmm, XCOM for $10. At $5 it would be a no-brainer. $10 is a bit harder sell. Well... I have eight hours to think about it. :D

ericsche21
07-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Hmm, XCOM for $10. At $5 it would be a no-brainer. $10 is a bit harder sell. Well... I have eight hours to think about it. :D

It's worth the 10 dollars. The flash sales are as cheap as the game will get, and you are getting it at 75% off already. Just do it, and thank me in a week or so (once you finally emerge from its grasp)

Aceremi
07-12-2013, 12:05 PM
MMO ARR FF XIV ( soon to be )
PC MTG 2014 and Mighty quest for epic loot
3DS Project X zone
PS3 Skylanders Giants

Xtopher
07-12-2013, 03:21 PM
XCOM is barely worth $10. I finished it pretty quick with no desire to play it again.

It's been out for awhile, but there's hundreds of hours of gaming in Skyrim if you haven't tried it yet. Thinking about running through Bioshock Infinite in 1999 mode, but... meh... probably just wait for the first expansion.

Rastas
07-12-2013, 05:27 PM
XCOM is barely worth $10. I finished it pretty quick with no desire to play it again.

I've heard very good things about XCOM, actually. I definitely considered picking it up.

Xtopher
07-12-2013, 05:29 PM
It was definitely fun while it lasted.

Captain_Obvious
07-12-2013, 05:39 PM
~I`m playing hide & seek until Hex comes out~

Shaqattaq
07-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Drew Walker and I compare daily the embarrassing amount of money we've spent on Puzzle and Dragons. =X

majin
07-13-2013, 08:01 AM

bastion is a really great game. i am looking forward to bastion 2 if ever it will be a reality

majin
07-13-2013, 08:03 AM
I've heard very good things about XCOM, actually. I definitely considered picking it up.

xcom is a good game but i agree that it was too easy to play (for me) and it's not really enticing to play it again

old games like orcs must die 2 is also something that will be worth your time if you haven't played it yet

ZeroCool
07-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Drew Walker and I compare daily the embarrassing amount of money we've spent on Puzzle and Dragons. =X

I have a neat Dragon Puzzle I'll send you if you'd like.

Xintia
07-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Meh, the latest batch of Steam sales was underwhelming. One hour till a new set though.

Vibraxus
07-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Take a look at the under 5 bucks deals, theres some good stuff there like Remnant...or whatever its called.

ZeroCool
07-13-2013, 11:31 AM
New games are up.

Aethnen
07-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Things I've touched in the last month or so:

Card: Android: Netrunner, Magic
PS3: Deux Ex: Human Revolution
PC: MTGO, ClubWPT, Horizon, SWTOR, LoL, Magic 2014, Might and Magic Heroes VI, Civ V

Xintia
07-13-2013, 10:04 PM
Well my wallet is thankful that all of today's deals basically sucked for me. The only thing that was even remotely tempting was $5 Witcher 2. Just a whole lot of "meh." :(

sayuu
07-14-2013, 03:12 AM
I'm playing Hex. . .Heh heh. . .

ZeroCool
07-17-2013, 07:30 AM
I'm playing Hex. . .Heh heh. . .

Nobody likes a liar.

Diesbudt
07-17-2013, 07:44 AM
I am actually making an RPG on an RPG maker in my spare time waiting...

Xintia
07-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Just picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the Steam sale yesterday. Add it to the list of "Too many games I don't have time to play." :D

ZeroCool
07-17-2013, 08:10 AM
Just picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the Steam sale yesterday. Add it to the list of "Too many games I don't have time to play." :D

I've created the same list. Between the games I was already in the middle of, and the games I've recently purchased from Steam....I have a lot of games to play.

Vibraxus
07-17-2013, 08:15 AM
I've created the same list. Between the games I was already in the middle of, and the games I've recently purchased from Steam....I have a lot of games to play.

Exactly! Plus I made the mistake of looking through all of my PS games....:eek: Oops, now Ive started new games of FF Tactics, FF 4, and Dark Cloud 2. I have a problem I think.

ZeroCool
07-17-2013, 08:22 AM
Exactly! Plus I made the mistake of looking through all of my PS games....:eek: Oops, now Ive started new games of FF Tactics, FF 4, and Dark Cloud 2. I have a problem I think.

At least you won't be bored.

sayuu
07-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Nobody likes a liar.

Nobody likes people without cardboard boxes either. . . .

nekoangel
07-18-2013, 04:43 AM
STEAM SALE! its an ugly thing for a strict wallet though......
fallout new vegas, deus ex blah blah blah

ive gotten RPG maker too but havent really done anything with it yet.

also filling out my collection of RPG games in general and appear to be missing or lent some/lost them which is disappointing( time to finish my FF collection though).

if people like RPG games steam has last remnant for sale, hard and enjoyable i think, not sure if i should get the PC version along side my xbox copy hah.

AstaSyneri
07-18-2013, 05:23 AM
Endless Space - with the new DLC (the first paid one after 4 free ones), and a lot of stuff via the Steam sale, Mark of the Ninja last night..l