PDA

View Full Version : Hex Gauntlet?

Goombus
06-14-2013, 01:13 PM
I want some competitive PVE experiences!!! :D

It would be awesome if CZE made some sort of Gauntlet within Hex.

Playable as a Solo Gauntlet or a Raid Gauntlet.

You play and defeat as many different types of Monsters/Bosses as you can and battle for the top of a leader board, competing for prizes. A way of making PVE have it's own tournament for those not so interested in PVP.

Solo just takes on Dungeon Bosses, whilst Raid takes on the Raid Bosses.

Solo participants will have their Champion's name on the Leader board, whilst Raid participants will need to form a team with a suitable team name.

A possible way to make this work is having a way to replenish your deck each time you defeat an enemy or do a considerate amount of damage to the opponent gauntlet champion. (Having your Discard Pile shuffle back a certain number of cards back into your deck?)

The Gauntlet Opponent acts like a boss in the classic RPG Chronos Trigger, where having done a specific amount of Damage to it, the boss then changes it's strategic attack style (As of here, the opponent can change the deck up with a brand new deck).

I understand that it's gonna take some time and is difficult to pull off, but I can dream can't I?

Just throwing that out there as a PVE hungry player. :D

Any thoughts?

primer
06-14-2013, 01:23 PM
I like the idea of a PvE leader board, brings some competitiveness to it. PvP isnt some peoples thing but they can excel at PvE and show that off.

Avedecus
06-14-2013, 01:27 PM
I have a feeling there may be a raid progression scene popping up as well.

Goombus
06-14-2013, 01:29 PM
I have a feeling there may be a raid progression scene popping up as well.

Makes me wonder if that's going to be guild based or player based. But raid progression is always something good to show off. :p

SomeoneRandom
06-14-2013, 04:37 PM
I think for sure there will be top raid guilds and progression to show off, especially if they keep the heroic aspect by making you play highlander. As for a ladder like this, I think it would be cool if there is a raid or dungeon like this, but I don't think they need to do something special with a leaderboard and what not, I would be happy with just the ability to do this with increasing difficulty and more prizes the longer you last. Could even make it like Millionaire where you have to pick in between bosses if you leave and take prizes or continue trying and losing makes you get nothing. Darkspore did something like that really well, where you could chain dungeons together and your loot got better the more you cleared, but if you died you got no loot. It made it really interesting in because you had to balance if you could beat a boss on the fourth mission to get the maximum rewards and also gave you a reason to play older content so you could chain higher.

dogmod
06-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Solo gauntlet is just the arena correct...

Goombus
06-14-2013, 09:31 PM
I think for sure there will be top raid guilds and progression to show off, especially if they keep the heroic aspect by making you play highlander. As for a ladder like this, I think it would be cool if there is a raid or dungeon like this, but I don't think they need to do something special with a leaderboard and what not, I would be happy with just the ability to do this with increasing difficulty and more prizes the longer you last. Could even make it like Millionaire where you have to pick in between bosses if you leave and take prizes or continue trying and losing makes you get nothing. Darkspore did something like that really well, where you could chain dungeons together and your loot got better the more you cleared, but if you died you got no loot. It made it really interesting in because you had to balance if you could beat a boss on the fourth mission to get the maximum rewards and also gave you a reason to play older content so you could chain higher.

I agree, classic dungeons should have their replay value through better loot I guess. It makes the old content feel new again. I don't want players to be leaving dungeons like WoW's Deadmines... :(