PDA

View Full Version : AI In PVP?

Royal_Assassin17
06-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Lets say I'm in a 1 vs 1 and my opponent leaves the game for what ever reason, I want to get my win and move on to another game, not get stuck playing an AI, I hope Hex doesn't replace people with AIs, because its player vs player, not player vs AI, just a concern cause some games do this (replace people with AIs), what do other people thing?

Avaian
06-14-2013, 04:48 PM
It is an Auto-win, you will not be forced to fight an AI. If you had to fight the AI, someone would make a great deck, and just enter a game and leave to rack up wins.

The AI is supposed to be amazing.

Black_Omega
06-14-2013, 05:42 PM
I can't see them replacing a player that flakes out with an AI. Wouldn't be smart. If a player leaves early they are saying you win.. Would just be like a player resigning early during a physical game for whatever reason.

Thelaasa
06-14-2013, 07:49 PM
The thought that they would replace real players in PvP that leave a match with AI never even occurred to me. Mostly because it is PvP, which traditionally doesn't have any AI elements involved in it. To my understanding, when a player leaves the match, for any reason, they forfeit the match, it ends immediately at that point, and the other player gets credited with a win.

ramseytheory
06-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Cory's said that an opponent disconnecting gives you a bye to the next round (in the context of raredrafting). So no AI replacement.

Royal_Assassin17
06-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Cory's said that an opponent disconnecting gives you a bye to the next round (in the context of raredrafting). So no AI replacement.

Link?

BossHoss
06-15-2013, 11:59 AM
There will never be an AI replacement for a "real money" game. How would you feel losing to an AI because a sore loser dropped after mulling to 3 cards?

This is a non issue...

ramseytheory
06-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Link?

Don't have it, sorry. I think I first saw it in the Kickstarter comments, though, relatively early on.

Avaian
06-15-2013, 01:33 PM
I feel you may be underestimating the AI in HEX.

IF the AI lives up to all of the hype, it will most likely be better than a lot of players. I can not see CZE putting in a system that lets players win by simply making a copy of a tournament winning deck, then leaving games, Do you?

On a side note, I do hope they implement a system that allows you to face an AI running one of your constructed decks. I find, I can figure out the most about my deck by facing it myself.

Frey
06-15-2013, 01:40 PM
AI in PVP ? It sounds silly and I think noone is thinking about it.

However there should be reconnect option. For example if somebody got dc, he should have possiblity to reconnect (in appropriate time).

Avaian
06-15-2013, 01:47 PM
AI in PVP ? It sounds silly and I think no one is thinking about it.

However there should be reconnect option. For example if somebody got dc, he should have possibility to reconnect (in appropriate time).

The last time I heard disconnect mentioned, they informed us that we had 3 minutes to log back on. This could have changed since I last heard but I don't think so.

Frey
06-15-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm glad to hear that. I think 3 min is totaly enough.

Rapkannibale
06-15-2013, 02:11 PM
I am also pretty sure they won't replace players that drop with AI. I could however imagine that in non-tournament PvP matches, if one player drops really early in the match, the winner won't get any rewards (assuming there are rewards for non tournament PvP matches) as that could be exploited too easily.

Royal_Assassin17
06-15-2013, 03:09 PM
I could however imagine that in non-tournament PvP matches, if one player drops really early in the match, the winner won't get any rewards (assuming there are rewards for non tournament PvP matches) as that could be exploited too easily.

It's no secret a certain amount of the community, lets say 3%, resort to tactics like this, but I don't see it being fair for the rest to deal with AIs, anyways these tactics should be somewhat easily traceable, for example, if player (A) looses to player (B) 5x, 10x, 15x, etc in a row in a short amount of time, its obvious whats up, so just reset their wins and rewards...