PDA

View Full Version : Hex on XboxOne and Ps4?

shawnvau178
06-15-2013, 06:16 AM
The launch of Xboxone and Ps4 is huge and I think that hex should be added to both of them.
For one it would make it playable for more gamers also would let people play on there tv.
Thoughts?

Apparition
06-15-2013, 06:17 AM
Nope.. too many places to focus on/port. This is already gonna be on PC/Mac/Android/IOS. You can play Hex on your TV if you have a laptop anyway. Plus the Xbox1 is a disaster.

BenRGamer
06-15-2013, 06:18 AM
The launch of Xboxone and Ps4 is huge and I think that hex should be added to both of them.
For one it would make it playable for more gamers also would let people play on there tv.
Thoughts?

Not gonna happen, even the difficulties of porting the game over is the least of the hurdles. How many cash shop games do you see on the PS3 or 360? If Hex didn't go on Steam proper, which I'm sure would be similar hurdles, there's no way it's gonna show up on either of those.

Tathel
06-15-2013, 06:24 AM
I wouldn't Rule out a PS4 port a few years down the road if the game is very successful in a larger market then it currently seems to have. Not XBO though, they don't allow self published games. So unless CZE counts on their list of publishers or pairs with one it's a no go.

ossuary
06-15-2013, 07:13 AM
I don't want a HexBox, thanks though.

ZacPhoenix
06-15-2013, 07:27 AM
Ugh, no thanks.

TZHX
06-15-2013, 07:27 AM
I think console makers are reluctant to allow games on their system to interact with the "wider world". All the games on consoles that have a strong multiplayer component that I can think of seem to restrict play to being between other users of that network. So I don't really see HEX transitioning to consoles.

ConnorJS
06-15-2013, 07:28 AM
This kind of thing keeps coming up, and if the game becomes mass market then they will do what they can to enable as many people to play as possible. Until that point, let them make the game.

noisexkillua
06-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Xbox1 is a disaster.

Not to mention Crypto will probably have to start another kickstarter just to get enough capital to publish it on the console. It's a complete disaster for indie devs to get into

BenRGamer
06-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Actually, it'll be literally impossible, now that I think about it.

The Elder Scrolls Online is going to have three seperate Mega Servers for PS4, PC, and XBox One, because the companies will not allow them to interact.

You can't really do that with Hex.

ossuary
06-15-2013, 07:59 AM
That's not entirely true. Disney Infinity is going to be cross-platform compatible, they announced it at E3. Toybox levels that are approved by Disney's curation team will end up on all 3 platforms, and you can pull down your cloud save on any system. So it's a matter of motivation and getting the companies to work together... the systems are physically capable of it.

I still don't think it's anything CZE should even consider thinking about any time soon, though.

BenRGamer
06-15-2013, 08:02 AM
That's not entirely true. Disney Infinity is going to be cross-platform compatible, they announced it at E3. Toybox levels that are approved by Disney's curation team will end up on all 3 platforms, and you can pull down your cloud save on any system. So it's a matter of motivation and getting the companies to work together... the systems are physically capable of it.

I still don't think it's anything CZE should even consider thinking about any time soon, though.

There's a big difference between cloud saves and actually playing with/against other players.

Mr.Funsocks
06-15-2013, 08:03 AM
It is incredibly hard to publish on consoles, from the crappy treatment they give to non-big-name publishers, to the incredible difficulty patching things, to the ridiculously expensive devkits. Also console makers are douchey about cross-platform interaction.

If Hex gets big enough, there's absolutely no doubt CZE would publish for consoles - more audience, and they'd be able to afford the team and whatnot. But even WoW didn't really get big enough to make consoles a good choice.

Googolplex
06-15-2013, 08:15 AM
No thanks!

Royal_Assassin17
06-15-2013, 08:16 AM
MAC, PC, iPAD, ANDROID is more then enough, because gamers already have these devices, making hex for consoles should only be considered if there is a demand for it... anyways by the looks of things the xbox one might not do so well because 99% of the internet is upset about their gaming policies..

ossuary
06-15-2013, 08:48 AM
The sad fact is, Call of Duty and Halo will still move units out the door, no matter how much people scream. EA has straight-up said this in response to the criticism of their DLC policies... that people may argue about it, but their metrics show that people are still buying in large numbers, so enough people don't mind that they intend to continue.

I expect X-Bone to be the same. People will bitch, but they will still buy it. Sad, but true.

Jaydawg6958
06-15-2013, 09:10 AM
It will probably never happen, there is also no confirmation of either console supporting a mouse and keyboard, i've never played Magic on my PS3 but I imagine building a deck would be bothersome. There are several microtransaction/free to play type games, DC Universe Online, Dust 514, Free Realms and a PS4 launch title Warframe. F2P games are ramping up on consoles for sure, as much as I love Playstation I hope it stays on PC/Tablet.

Zomnivore
06-15-2013, 09:32 AM
I hope it isn't on the xbox one screw that garbage platform.

Punk
06-15-2013, 10:09 AM
You would need to have an X-Box Live Gold membership to use Hex on their platform. Any services that use X-Box Live's network in any fashion, even if you are not using their servers, needs this membership. Prime examples of this would be Netflix, Hulu and FFXI.

Niedar
06-15-2013, 10:37 AM
It will probably never happen, there is also no confirmation of either console supporting a mouse and keyboard, i've never played Magic on my PS3 but I imagine building a deck would be bothersome. There are several microtransaction/free to play type games, DC Universe Online, Dust 514, Free Realms and a PS4 launch title Warframe. F2P games are ramping up on consoles for sure, as much as I love Playstation I hope it stays on PC/Tablet.

So there is keyboard/mouse on the PS4 just as it is for the PS3. I don't know if this will be the case for the xbox one but it doesn't really matter because microsoft is a shitty company that is never going to allow Hex on their system anyways if it is going to be playing on the same servers as PC and tablet players are. Sony on the other hand will allow that as evidenced in Dust 514 where CCP tried to get it on Xbox but microsoft basically said no because you can interact with EVE players. Also Sony has said and demonstrated that they want to focus on indie games more than they have in the past and make it not burdensome for them to develop on the PS4. I don't think it should be a priority at launch of Hex but they should at least look into it after the tablet version is done and in good working condition. The PS4 is looking to be the most popular console this generation also so if they can't get it on xbox one or it costs too much to get it there oh well. The best thing of all, Unity3d the game engine they are using will target PS4.

Another thing PS4 has going for it is you don't even need PS+ to play f2p games while on xbox you do need Live Gold to play f2p games.

TZHX
06-15-2013, 11:18 AM
You would need to have an X-Box Live Gold membership to use Hex on their platform. Any services that use X-Box Live's network in any fashion, even if you are not using their servers, needs this membership. Prime examples of this would be Netflix, Hulu and FFXI.

I'm pretty sure they've said you need a PS Plus membership for online play on the next Playstation, too?

Punk
06-15-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm pretty sure they've said you need a PS Plus membership for online play on the next Playstation, too?

Playstation Plus is something I am not familiar with, unfortunately. I actually didn't even know what this was until about a week ago. I'm obviously not a PS guy. =P

Niedar
06-15-2013, 11:45 AM

Thats why I said it won't be required for f2p games, it will be required for multiplayer games that you pay for like first person shooters. My guess is any game with a monthly subscription PS+ would not be required either. This is probably because Sony figure they will make plenty on the microtransactions cut they get and it seems stupid to say a game is f2p but requires you to pay.

Jaydawg6958
06-15-2013, 03:41 PM

Well last week at E3 they said you do not need Plus to play DC Universe online on the PS4, i'm sure that will only be on a case by case basis.

BohemianStalker
06-15-2013, 04:01 PM
hex on ps or xbox would be amazing, playing on my tv at couch :) also the gamepad seems more suited than mouse :-)

Mr.Funsocks
06-15-2013, 04:50 PM
hex on ps or xbox would be amazing, playing on my tv at couch :) also the gamepad seems more suited than mouse :-)

You can just get a remote receiver and have your computer displayed on your TV. Or plug it in with a cable to your PC. No need to spend several hundred bucks on a PoS "gaming" console. You're not going to want to play Hex on a controller though, nooooot the right input for a TCG by any stretch.

Lord_Wrath
06-15-2013, 06:58 PM

This is correct, you need a PS Plus account to play online multiplayer on PS4.

Lord_Wrath
06-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Nope.. too many places to focus on/port. This is already gonna be on PC/Mac/Android/IOS. You can play Hex on your TV if you have a laptop anyway. Plus the Xbox1 is a disaster.

Xbox One is not a disaster at all. Personally, I'd love it to be on that system. Duel of the Planeswalkers is a huge success on consoles, there's no reason to suggest Hex wouldn't be a hit as well. Besides, nothing wrong with bringing in new players; regardless the platform!

Lord_Wrath
06-15-2013, 07:02 PM

Agreed.

Lord_Wrath
06-15-2013, 07:04 PM
You can just get a remote receiver and have your computer displayed on your TV. Or plug it in with a cable to your PC. No need to spend several hundred bucks on a PoS "gaming" console. You're not going to want to play Hex on a controller though, nooooot the right input for a TCG by any stretch.

Sure, but what if someone else is on the home PC? Tablet support is cool, but home console support would be great, too!

Qorsair
06-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Just have to throw my 2c in after seeing so many people complaining about playing a TCG with a controller: Try it before you bash it.

I find it much more enjoyable to play with a controller than Keyboard/Mouse. If the game has terrible controls it's not because of the controller, it's because of poor UI programming.

A TCG is nothing like an RTS where you need analog control over targetting. You have a finite number of units and limited number of commands. It's ridiculously simple (compared to other genres) to map that to a good gamepad control-set.

In my experience: Tablet* > Controller > Keyboard/Mouse
EDIT:*And in many ways I actually prefer controller over tablet, simply because I'm far less likely to make a mistake in selection.

Try plugging in a 360 controller on DotP via Steam, or pick it up on XBLA or PSN. I'd much rather play DotP with a controller than a mouse and keyboard. The controls on that game are great. (If you don't already have Duels of the Planeswalkers, wait until the end of the month and pick up DotP 2014, that's going to have a lot more flexibility on deck construction and will also have sealed deck tournaments).

Mr.Funsocks
06-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Sure, but what if someone else is on the home PC? Tablet support is cool, but home console support would be great, too!

Then you can plug your tablet into your TV too? :-P

Niedar
06-15-2013, 07:35 PM
This is correct, you need a PS Plus account to play online multiplayer on PS4.

I have said it twice in this thread already but this is not true if the game is a f2p game which Hex is.

Lord_Wrath
06-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Then you can plug your tablet into your TV too? :-P

Not the same. Some people like laying on the couch and playing a game on the TV with a controller. Some prefer to sit up at their PC with a mouse and keyboard. I enjoy both.

Lord_Wrath
06-15-2013, 07:41 PM
I have said it twice in this thread already but this is not true if the game is a f2p game which Hex is.

That is correct. I saw him ask if you needed to pay to play PS4 online, which you do; aside from f2p games.

Apparition
06-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Xbox One is not a disaster at all. Personally, I'd love it to be on that system. Duel of the Planeswalkers is a huge success on consoles, there's no reason to suggest Hex wouldn't be a hit as well. Besides, nothing wrong with bringing in new players; regardless the platform!

Xbox One isn't a disaster? I'm pretty confident it will get crushed in sales by the PS4, thanks to Microsoft's greedy policies involving the Xbox One. Microsoft PR has practically been selling PS4's for Sony, but I guess we'll wait and see.

Mr.Funsocks
06-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Not the same. Some people like laying on the couch and playing a game on the TV with a controller. Some prefer to sit up at their PC with a mouse and keyboard. I enjoy both.

Tablet plugged into TV with remote HDMI receiver, you can use the tablet as a controller and sit on the couch...

taveren
06-15-2013, 10:01 PM
xbox one has already been crushed in preorders check the sales of amazon. and i work at gamestop we have many times the reserves or ps4 and a higher cap on the number we can reserve

WalkingEye
06-15-2013, 11:19 PM
I could see it on the Wii U.

Mushroom_C1oud
06-16-2013, 05:44 AM
xbox one has already been crushed in preorders check the sales of amazon. and i work at gamestop we have many times the reserves or ps4 and a higher cap on the number we can reserve

I wouldn't recommend preordering Xbox One. I had to stop at 5 Gamestops yesterday to find one that still had open reservations. You're much better going with PS4 which still had open reservations at all those shops.

ZeroCool
06-16-2013, 05:50 AM
I'd rather them wait and eventually port it onto a console. I'd prefer is for iOS first anyways.

Mushroom_C1oud
06-16-2013, 05:51 AM
I'd rather them wait and eventually port it onto a console. I'd prefer is for iOS first anyways.

I don't think anyone here is expecting a console port before the mobile support team finishes their port.

MrSeriousBsns
06-16-2013, 06:11 AM
I could see it on the Wii U.

While some people might poo poo this, I think it would actually be fantastic. The controller screen options provide lots of neat little interactions and the wand makes for pretty easy selecting.

No matter what, more platforms for Hex to release on is a good thing (provided, of course, that they get the main versions out first and the ports are identical).

zifster
06-16-2013, 06:19 AM
I think the PS4 deal is that Sny is actually going to be managing multi-player servers for games similar to xbox now, so games that use that will need to be PS plus subscirbers. That said the PS plus membership is already a good deal so if they continue to do that as well I'm not too concerned about it since I'll have it anyway. (Tons of free games and discounts all year round, well worth the price of admission).

That said, yeah I wouldn't expect hex to show up on consoles in the short term, but it's basic requirements to play on a computer shouldn't be too high so I don't think it will be that limiting.

ZeroCool
06-16-2013, 06:21 AM
With so many ports, I think it'll increase the chances of cheats/hacks being involved.

Annihilatron
06-16-2013, 08:02 AM
You'd be more likely to see Hex on the PS3 than the PS4 if hex gets on Steam.

Reasoning:

PS3 has steam integration, and is f2p online.

PS4 steam integration is a big question mark, and is p2p online.

Mr.Funsocks
06-16-2013, 08:08 AM
With so many ports, I think it'll increase the chances of cheats/hacks being involved.

How? Everything's server-side using the same protocols. What system its on won't matter.

Svenn
06-16-2013, 09:15 AM
You can hook your PC up to your TV no problem. I've been running that way for about 6 years now.

Maric
06-16-2013, 10:45 AM
I could see HEX on PS4. MS puts too many obstacles in the way for small developers. I knw if I'm buying a next gen console it will be the PS4.

MDRockstar
06-16-2013, 02:21 PM
I would love Hex on PS4 ! However they need to make Pc/mac/tablets first. If the game is a success, then it could be a good idea to make it available to next-gen console which have a lot of gamers.

Loonknight
06-16-2013, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing it on the consoles, but at the same time I don't need it to be on the consoles.

BenRGamer
06-16-2013, 04:49 PM
The simple fact of the matter is, Hex likely wouldn't work if you had to split the playerbase into different groups, you'd have to have different secondary markets and all that jazz.

Microsoft and Sony... don't get along, as I mentioned before, they pretty much require separate servers because they don't want their servers to interact.

SomeoneRandom
06-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Not to shit on Console gamers because I have always kept current with Sony consoles, but I think it would be a gigantic waste of time. The task of porting, dealing with sony/microsoft/nintendo for the tiny tiny market share of maybe a couple thousand people really wouldn't make up the cost IMO. This game doesn't really appeal to most console gamers and I think anyone who has a tablet/pc would prefer to do it on that then ps4/xBONE.

taveren
06-16-2013, 06:42 PM
like i said gamestop doesn't have as many open slots for xb1 reserve and ps4 our store keeps getting more ps4 we can reserve every day so far we are up to 35 of a 68 possible to reserve for ps4 and 12 of a possible 26 to reserve of xb1

whoops meant to quote mushroom in this

Lord_Wrath
06-16-2013, 07:44 PM
Xbox One isn't a disaster? I'm pretty confident it will get crushed in sales by the PS4, thanks to Microsoft's greedy policies involving the Xbox One. Microsoft PR has practically been selling PS4's for Sony, but I guess we'll wait and see.

I'm pretty confident that you're wrong.

Lord_Wrath
06-16-2013, 07:45 PM
like i said gamestop doesn't have as many open slots for xb1 reserve and ps4 our store keeps getting more ps4 we can reserve every day so far we are up to 35 of a 68 possible to reserve for ps4 and 12 of a possible 26 to reserve of xb1

whoops meant to quote mushroom in this

That means nothing. I ran GS stores for 7 years, I know.

Lord_Wrath
06-16-2013, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing it on the consoles, but at the same time I don't need it to be on the consoles.

Agreed.

Apparition
06-16-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm pretty confident that you're wrong.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-gamers-strongly-prefer-ps4-xbox-one-according-amazon-poll-photo-1307919

94% of the people polled on Amazon prefer the PS4 to the Xbox1.

PS4 is the number 1 preseller, not including any of the bundles or the launch day edition. PS4 had to be given separate pages because it was too popular.

Don't trust Amazon?

How about E3 and IGN?

"IGN users were unquestionably swayed by Sony’s messaging during this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo. We asked our readers who they thought was “winning E3” during the show. Over 280,000 of you responded, and Sony took the top spot with 81% of the votes. Microsoft garnered 12% and Nintendo grabbed the remaining 7%."
(Source) (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/e3-2013-ps4-outpacing-xbox-one-pre-orders)

Glad you're confident though. What exactly are you basing it on?