PDA

View Full Version : I broke the game!

darkwonders
06-15-2013, 11:30 AM
So I was at E3 last week and randomly ran into Cory. Didn't even realize he was showing off his game there. It was in one of the upper meeting rooms, away from the craziness of the floor.

Anyways, I got to chat with him a bit while he showed the game in action. Towards the end he let me play for a bit. Somehow I got an infinite loop going where I would tap an artifact to create a random artifact. That random artifact ended up being an ability to untap 1 artifact. I keep doing it until the game wouldn't let me click on anything anymore.

I ended up breaking the game XD. A few seconds later Cory got a message from the developer on the other side telling him (he didn't know someone else was playing) to knock it off.

And that is my story :D

jaxsonbateman
06-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Haha, awesome. Seems to be Inspiration Engine and Dwarven Turbine. Judging from the rest of the footage we saw of Hex-at-E3 though it seems like an old client, and the other time we saw Dwarven Turbine in action it had a 1 mana activation cost, not allowing you to do it indefinitely. Though it did cause issues in that game too (if it had actually be used up to its potential the dwarf deck likely would have won).

TheKraken
06-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Yea, that also happened during the last twitch stream they did. I'm jealous you got to play! :P

Aradon
06-15-2013, 01:30 PM
A heartwarming tale of gleeful abandon. +1

CodexReaper
06-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Haha, awesome. Seems to be Inspiration Engine and Dwarven Turbine. Judging from the rest of the footage we saw of Hex-at-E3 though it seems like an old client, and the other time we saw Dwarven Turbine in action it had a 1 mana activation cost, not allowing you to do it indefinitely. Though it did cause issues in that game too (if it had actually be used up to its potential the dwarf deck likely would have won).

That was a glorious moment to behold on the Twitch stream. Priceless.

Blowfeld
06-15-2013, 02:03 PM
I found a bug

Good guy pre alpha tester :)

Rapkannibale
06-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Nice one! So jealous you got to play. Did you get any spoilers out of Cory? :)

CoS
06-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Spoof.... Unless this can be confirmed by a Dev I doubt this occurred at E3. Photo/audio or it didn't happen.

Baigan
06-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Silly goose, there are no liars on the Internet.

Mr.Funsocks
06-15-2013, 05:23 PM
But... I'm a liar and I'm on the internet...

Fateanomaly
06-15-2013, 05:38 PM
You got to play and you went to do such a pointless thing.....

darkwonders
06-15-2013, 08:39 PM

there may have been a mana cost. I wasn't paying attention. All I knew is that after doing that combo a few times, the game no longer allowed me to do anything :) Whoops!

darkwonders
06-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Nice one! So jealous you got to play. Did you get any spoilers out of Cory? :)

I knew that we reached the final KS goal before he posted it on Friday :)

Does that count?

darkwonders
06-15-2013, 08:41 PM
You got to play and you went to do such a pointless thing.....

How was I supposed to know that I would break the game? I was trying to see what random artifacts I could get. And I kept on getting that one. By the time I decided to try something else, I realized the game wouldn't let me do anything!