PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Question

Baigan
06-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Has it been mentioned whether all cards will be available for testing in the alpha?

If this has already been answered elsewhere just drop the link - I couldn't find anything in the first couple pages of search that answered my question.

Thanks. :)

Punk
06-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Nah, they really haven't given us much to go off of for Alpha yet outside of a rough estimate of when it will be.

Royal_Assassin17
06-15-2013, 06:55 PM
to add to this will there be a reset in alpha?

Daer
06-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Yes there will be a wipe after alpha, we don't get the KS stuff until beta.

Royal_Assassin17
06-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Yes there will be a wipe after alpha, we don't get the KS stuff until beta.

Link?

BenRGamer
06-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Actually, we don't get KS stuff until Beta Phase Two, as in, Open Beta. There's gonna be a Closed Beta as well.

Masquerade
06-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Link?

It was on one of their streams on twitch if I remember correctly, but I forget which one...

Qorsair
06-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Yep, I remember that on one of the streams too.
Head on over to http://twitch.tv/hextcg and watch them.

Mr.Funsocks
06-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Alpha will be all PvP, but with minimal (arena based) PvE, just to test the AI a bit. There will be a wipe, and then we'll get KS rewards for Beta phase 1, phase 2 will introduce the rest of PvE (and possibly open beta around this time). No wipe from beta to release. They haven't said how cards/decks will work in Alpha, it may be that they just give us a bunch to play with.

BenRGamer
06-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Alpha will be all PvP, but with minimal (arena based) PvE, just to test the AI a bit. There will be a wipe, and then we'll get KS rewards for Beta phase 1, phase 2 will introduce the rest of PvE (and possibly open beta around this time). No wipe from beta to release. They haven't said how cards/decks will work in Alpha, it may be that they just give us a bunch to play with.

Are you sure it's phase one? I heard it was phase two we get our stuff.

Mr.Funsocks
06-15-2013, 07:31 PM

Not sure, but assumed. Either would make sense though.

majin
06-15-2013, 08:01 PM

my assumption was phase 1 too. why? because there won't be any wipes on beta and if we don't get anything on phase 1, we will just start with the free starter deck and that's it until phase 2

BenRGamer
06-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Well, it could be like the OP was suggesting. Everyone gets all the cards and we're told to go break the game. Phase Two is more or less a soft launch.

Baigan
06-15-2013, 08:39 PM
It doesn't really matter to me when they give out the KS rewards so long as it's not before the alpha wipe. :p

I wonder why they're bothering to split alpha and stage 1 beta, though. It seems more reasonable to me to allow a longer alpha to work on PvE development and PvP fixes, when that's ready to be tested, switch to beta. They probably know more about software dev than me, though. :p

true
06-15-2013, 08:39 PM
The devs have said there will be wipes during alpha/early beta. then the will offer a buy in beta that when stuff gets real
http://www.reddit.com/r/hextcg/comments/1fadv0/roll_over_between_beta_and_release/

Baigan
06-15-2013, 08:53 PM
None of this is finalized, so what we do may change. We may do a short free beta to stress test, make sure the client is good to go. Then we'll do a monetized beta just like you've seen most online games do out there. Once that hits, there will be no wipes. Of course, if cards were created by accident, that's a bug and we'd rectify that. But aside from that, the cards you earn at that point forward are yours. We wouldn't want to wipe away any awesome legendary cards or any of the experience you've earned on your individual cards. That's no fun for anyone.

Alpha access for backers wasn't secured until the $1.8m stretch goal, which occurred on June 3rd.

Is there a source dated after June 3rd that describes when they'll be doing wipes? I wouldn't be surprised if the period of time in which they were planning to do the beta stress test has now become the alpha.

Zhain
06-15-2013, 08:55 PM
It would likely be too much of a pain to implement all of the Kickstarter rewards before Beta anyway, they have enough to deal with getting Alpha to work correctly, getting bug requests, dealing with server load, etc.

Erebus
06-16-2013, 12:10 AM
The only thing for certain with regards to wipes in Alpha and Beta is: Once we're able to put money in the system, there will be no more wipes.

That is the only thing they've truly said definitively.

Slish
06-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Where does this phase 1 and phase 2 within beta come from? Ive only heard about alpha and beta.

majin
06-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Where does this phase 1 and phase 2 within beta come from? Ive only heard about alpha and beta.

check the E3 interview of cory, i think that's where it was hinted that there will be a close and open beta