PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Used by AI and/or Guild Members

BenAndrion
06-15-2013, 09:37 PM
Over the span of Kickstarter it was said that we would create decks that AI would use in a Keep Defense kind-of scenario. It was also said that we could create decks that we could "check in" at guild banks and have our buddies and guild mates check out.
My question is this: If there is a Lotus/Lotuses/Lotusi in one of those decks, and an AI or Guild Member use it, is it going to permanently revert into a tiger, or revert once I get it back? I know the card says when I use its' ability it transforms permanently; I am not disputing that. But in these scenarios I the player am not really using that card, it is being used for me either protecting my goods by AI or just being tested by my buddies. I would like to know though before I go and do something stupid in the game lol.

Nsmash
06-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Lotus is PVE only, so it probably can't be used in keep defense. I would also be very surprised if guild members could check out PVE decks.

grey0one
06-15-2013, 09:46 PM
The answer is: no one knows, and the developers can only guess until they finish the behavior of the AI.

They realy just need time to just get cracking on finishing the AI. I'm hoping that they alow players to be able to modify the AI behavior towards some cards. Easier said than done, of course.

jaxsonbateman
06-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Lotus is PVE only, so it probably can't be used in keep defense. I would also be very surprised if guild members could check out PVE decks.
Has it been said anywhere that Keep Defense uses PvP decks? It sounded to me like it used PvE decks, though I thought it was unconfirmed either way.

And yeah, as Grey One says, unconfirmed at this point.

RanaDunes
06-15-2013, 10:20 PM
I was under the impression that the keep uses any card (PvE/PvP) while the invader uses PvP decks (which is why it's challenging to beat the AI since you're limited to a PvP deck). Can someone confirm?

eioi
06-15-2013, 10:59 PM
I can't confirm anythink, but logically the cards you can use for keep defense must be any cards (PvE and PvP) else you would look keep defense only to PvP-Player and lock it away from PvE-Players. For the same reason the attacker must not be limited to PvP cards, cause he can only use one deck against the 3 from the keep defense.

For the initial question for the Lotus, I think that they would be transformed when the Ai use them, cause for the AI you could build 3 decks with lotus without any penality and make the decks even stronger or broken, cause you would not have the drawback if the AI use them against an player which maybe have also 4 lotus, but can't use them 12 times.
I don't know if they have stated, what you can do with cards from other guild members, but if you could go with them into dungeon or use them in PvP (which include PvP) for Prices then they must be transformed, else they would have infinity use of the lotus which isn't intended.

Maybe the lotus can't even used for keep defense, cause if they don't lock the keep when one attack them a second attacker would see lotus which should be alredy transformed or more funy if both attacker wi all 3 battles and the second don't get any loot, cause the first get all.

jaxsonbateman
06-15-2013, 11:08 PM
To be fair though, if the AI can't just use them at will it gives the attacker a distinct advantage. While we don't know what defensive mechanics will be unlockable for keeps, in a vacuum I'd be extremely confident in taking it down if I had access to Spectral Lotus and they didn't.

Honestly, successfully assaulting a keep should be harder than successfully defending it. 'Unlimited' Lotuses for the computer would not be broken IMO (unless keeps get enough defensive mechanics to survive without it).

Fireblast
06-16-2013, 04:04 AM
I think they didn't assess all the impacts that Lotus have.
cards permanently reverting to something else pose issues

~

Aradon
06-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Better watch out against NPCs that use spells that take control of an artifact, like http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=213812 :P

ossuary
06-16-2013, 11:36 AM
That being said, you shouldn't have a single-use card in your deck if you're not willing to see it get used. If the AI gets control of your lotus and pops it, it's your own fault for having it be available in the first place (and not burning it instantly when you cast it). Them's the breaks! ;)

Vorpal
06-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Are these cards you are 'checking in' card lists or actual cards?

Vorpal
06-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Are these cards you are 'checking in' card lists or actual cards?

Can you use these same cards while they are being used by guild mates?

If you are giving guildmates the use of cards they don't normally own, I would expect spectral lotuses in that deck that they use to permanently revert.

If you don't want that to happen, don't give them your lotuses!

jaxsonbateman
06-16-2013, 01:25 PM
While we don't have all the mechanics of the guild shared decks thingo, it was my impression that guild members could log decks to act as 'ghost' decks to test again. In a similar vein to how a lot of arcade racing games these days allow you to log ghost versions of your races for other players to race against at future points. Being a ghost version, I thought your cards would actually stay with you and wouldn't be interfered with at all by your guildies.

As for the AI using Lotuses? To restate my position - if it's a normal PvE vs AI encounter, the computer steals your Lotus and uses it, I think that's fine and it should be gone. Once we learn the mechanics of encounters, it's something we'll have to take into consideration. For Keep Defense though, I feel like it'd give the attacking player too much of an advantage if Lotuses got used permanently by the AI. Not to mention, how would it keep track - would it just keep Tigers in there after the first game they were used? Would you get a popup?

volkmar77
06-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Better watch out against NPCs that use spells that take control of an artifact, like http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=213812 :P

Not really an issue as you can instantly pop the lotus in response to that. You lose the lotus anyway, but your opponent does not gain anything and just lost a card and some resources.