PDA

View Full Version : Shadow era

RetroChrisB
06-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Hey

Is anyone playing shadow era just for filling in till Hex.
I wanted to get back into tcg's ready for hex and found this was a lot of help .

If anyone is playing it and wants a couple of games just let me know.
Tbh I don't really know how poplar it is.

Thanks

DanTheMeek
06-16-2013, 04:02 PM
I did check this out, seemed like a pretty interesting game, great card art and from what I understand theres a top tier deck that can be constructed purely through combining a few starters and packs cost only a single dollar so its a very accessible game.

All that said... for some reason the actual game play didn't resonate with me so I didn't stick with it. Enjoying the game play of Duel of Champions and Kings and Legends Global considerably more. K&LG in particular is very similar to what Hex is aiming for, in that its trying to be an MMOTCG so its getting most of my attention currently, but should I burn out on these games prior to hex's release I may give Shadow Era another shot.

Note: It probably didn't help that the champion I'd picked had an ability that buffed weapons, yet came with only like 1 weapon in her deck, a rusty sword, so I kind of feel like I may have handicapped myself with my champion choice.

Alzorath
06-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Yea, generally, I recommend new players start with "Boris" in SE... it's a good game to pass the time, and fairly easy to get a competitive deck starting out. Though with the relatively small card-base atm, it does lack some of the flexibility you'll find in bigger more diverse ccgs. (I've covered it on my channel for about a year now, it will be moving to Tues/Thursday slot when hex releases, with Hex taking over the prime-time slots of mon/wed/fri)