PDA

View Full Version : Hex Shuffle: a construction-focused blog

HyenaNipples
06-16-2013, 06:27 PM
If you are unable to satiate your need for Hex hype and speculation- I've started a blog that will focus on the constructive aspects of Hex: http://hexshuffle.wordpress.com/

I am constantly working to add new content and improve the quality of information already posted. In the last week, I've diversified content, improved a few older posts, and included drafting considerations on all cards. So please stop by again! The blog is taking shape, and please continue to provide me with comments and criticism!

Hopefully, my site will become a useful conceptual web for building your decks and combos.

If you hazard to take a look, please leave any recommendations, ideas, or corrections for articles and content!

stiii
06-16-2013, 06:37 PM
The problem is without a full spoiler we don't really know what the average power level is. Assuming the power level is roughly the same as magic only wretched brood really seem close to constructed playable and even then it is just fine. The others all costs you a card to gain some minor advantage.

funktion
06-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Most of the examples you gave feel like card / board disadvantage rather than something that is synergistic in a positive way. Not to knock you, cause we REALLY could use more people putting out content (at least I think so), but most of the examples seemed like, "this could make a bad card slightly less bad."

purehybrid
06-16-2013, 09:37 PM
The eye of creation article made me cry. Worst two cards to use with it, lol. RG doesn't work because you're not playing EoC'd cards from your hand. Pack raptor is bad because you are diluting your deck instead of just pulling a jadiim or something.

HyenaNipples
06-19-2013, 10:29 PM
@stii:
True, but speculation is fun despite not being 100% useful in the long run. I will work to update information as the full image of Hex unfolds.

@Funktion:
I think you are correct. Synergy is much too strong of a word to use, as I'm really only pointing out simple ways cards can work together. I've changed my phrasing to better match the reality of the blog as it stands.

@purehybrid:
EDIT: Actually, you are entirely correct and I am entirely wrong. Replicator's Gambit will not work with Eye of Creation. Thanks for pointing this out.

Otherwise: In my opinion, your use of Eye of Creation is flawed because high power cards have a high cost. Using your example: you would need to pay 9 mana to play Jadiim with Eye of Creation or else see it get shuffled back into the depths of your own deck. That means you'll probably be holding Eye of Creation in your hand while you wait for your mana to build up, when the better tactical move would be to use it when you need it- not wait till it becomes a Bomb.

Though using Eye of Creation the turn AFTER playing Jadiim would be amazing. Can you say 20/20 Flying? Cause I can.

EDIT: Blog has been updated and significant content has been added.