PDA

View Full Version : KS Exclusive Value

hammer
06-17-2013, 12:44 PM
I will have 6 of each non-lotus ks exclusives. I will keep four of each and sell the surplus has anyone speculated analysed what price these might fetch?

Lochar
06-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Nope. It mainly depends on the size of the live population and if the KS cards have better play value.

KaosSoul
06-17-2013, 12:57 PM
year 1 nothing year 2 barely anything year 3, if it was a good Exclusive it might be worst half a plat?

hammer
06-17-2013, 01:02 PM
Oh wow really I figure , rage fire and pack raptor would have some value

KaosSoul
06-17-2013, 01:04 PM
they are AA cards they exist in normal Art in Set 1

Erebus
06-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Alternate Art cards are always sought after.

So it depends on how many people are collecting them to how many people are willing to give them up.

Icepick
06-17-2013, 01:10 PM
The PvE cards are exclusive to the kickstarter, it is only the PvP cards in the kickstarter that were alternate art versions. I suspect that the exclusive PvE ones will be worth something at some point, simply because they are no longer available.

KaosSoul
06-17-2013, 01:12 PM
The PvE cards are exclusive to the kickstarter, it is only the PvP cards in the kickstarter that were alternate art versions. I suspect that the exclusive PvE ones will be worth something at some point, simply because they are no longer available.

yep but he talked about PVP cards , so i answered on those^^ personaly i got 9 of each and 5 lotus , damn well no idea what ill do with 2 playset and a random lol

stiii
06-17-2013, 01:16 PM
I would guess pretty low because if people wanted the AA cards they would have bought that tier.

hex_colin
06-17-2013, 01:23 PM
This is like the mythical $1 boosters. Anyone who's selling their KS exclusive cards cheap, I'll be buying from the AH. ;) A year from now, the KS population will end up being a very small component of the overall Hex user population - it should be obvious what that means for the value of the exclusive cards.

Fireblast
06-17-2013, 01:29 PM
I don't think HEX cards will raise in value with time as there will likely be powercreep and no "aberations" like MtG had in early sets.

Although I think KS exclusive cards will go for about $10 each

~

wildcard
06-17-2013, 01:47 PM
This is like the mythical $1 boosters. Anyone who's selling their KS exclusive cards cheap, I'll be buying from the AH. ;) A year from now, the KS population will end up being a very small component of the overall Hex user population - it should be obvious what that means for the value of the exclusive cards.
I'll be racing you to the AH. :) I don't expect Hex cards to achieve "power 9" prices, but I do expect KS exclusive cards to be worth much more than $0.50 if the game reaches a large population. Their play value will factor in, as will there being so few of them. An "Unlimited" Black Lotus is still a $1200 card, despite the print run being 40m cards. Again, not an apples to apples comparison by any means, but I think people are foolish to part with an exclusive for $0.50. Probably the same with set-1 boosters for $1, though it's impossible to know if they'll be looked back upon as the "Fallen Empires" or the "Arabian Nights" of Hex.

Avedecus
06-17-2013, 02:05 PM
KS pve exclusives will likely go for a lot of gold or a little plat. I doubt they will go for a lot of plat.

Shadowelf
06-17-2013, 04:07 PM

This and if anyone decides to sell his KS exclusives cheap, prepare to be raced

maniza
06-17-2013, 04:26 PM
If hex gets realy big the ks exclusives will have big value for collectors if not they will atleast net you 5 plat in the future

AstaSyneri
06-18-2013, 01:12 AM

Colin has it right. The exclusives are just that - exclusive. At any point that we start to see serious collectors they will steadily become more valuable. And as Hex shows stability, more collectors with come in, hence the price will rise.

The Kickstarter numbers are impressive, but already I see so many players come in who were not even Magic or WoW TCG players, that I think my estimate of 50.000 players in the first year may be very, very conservative.

jaxsonbateman
06-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Some of the PvE exclusives should sell for lots of gold, or a little bit of plat. Some of them are actually very potent and it's amazing we get to start off with such a strong initial card pool - the advantages of being an investor, I suppose.

The PvP AA cards will obviously sell for plat, but how much depends quite a bit on how viable the card is in the competitive scene.

keldrin
06-18-2013, 02:05 AM
If you factor in the VIP program netting you 4 packs over 4 weeks for $4. Then you arrive at the dollar per pack concept. I'm leaning towards the packs being worth about $1.25. People will pay a bit more for being able to get the packs they want all at once, rather than waiting for them to trickle in. Flip side is, buying packs off AH means missing out on the small chance of the pack being a primal pack.
As for alt art/ exclusive KS cards. I think some will part with them way to cheap right at the first. But a year down the road, their value will be much higher. My expectation for the Spectral Lotus Garden is $50, right off the bat. A year from then, $75 to $100, I'm guessing.

jaxsonbateman
06-18-2013, 02:16 AM
If you factor in the VIP program netting you 4 packs over 4 weeks for $4. Then you arrive at the dollar per pack concept. I'm leaning towards the packs being worth about $1.25. People will pay a bit more for being able to get the packs they want all at once, rather than waiting for them to trickle in. Flip side is, buying packs off AH means missing out on the small chance of the pack being a primal pack.
Once we have figures for the % chance of a pack being a primal and the going price of a primal, it'll be easily calculable at what point buying from the AH is a worse option than the store.

If the % chance is 1%, and primals sell for $20, then the formula for the max price you should pay at the AH is $2 (the CZE price) - 0.01 * 20, or $1.80. Effectively, until the AH boosters reach the price determined by that formula, they're the better option price wise.

FranzVonG
06-18-2013, 02:30 AM
The PvP AA cards will obviously sell for plat, but how much depends quite a bit on how viable the card is in the competitive scene.

Not really, or not only. It will mainly depend on how huge the collector scene will be in Hex, that will probably determine half or more of the value of these cards (just like any other game).

Shadowelf
06-18-2013, 02:36 AM
There is also the chance that new players will run the market dry of cheap boosters in a month and leave cze as the only supplier. In additon, am i the only one assuming that the number of cheap boosters sold at the ah will be limited, due to the fact that a chunk of the population will hold them for drafts, or open them ?

Chiany
06-18-2013, 02:43 AM
In additon, am i the only one assuming that the number of cheap boosters sold at the ah will be limited, due to the fact that a chunk of the population will hold them for drafts, or open them ?

No

AstaSyneri
06-18-2013, 05:09 AM
There is also the chance that new players will run the market dry of cheap boosters in a month and leave cze as the only supplier. In additon, am i the only one assuming that the number of cheap boosters sold at the ah will be limited, due to the fact that a chunk of the population will hold them for drafts, or open them ?

Something like that, which is one of the reasons why I think any booster price below $1.50 is highly unrealistic. Only very stupid or desperate players would be selling at below that price.

Any exclusive cards will be huge, given time, easily scoring in the low double digit platinum range for good AA Collector cards and around 10 Plat for the PvE cards eventually.

Rapkannibale
06-18-2013, 05:19 AM
year 1 nothing year 2 barely anything year 3, if it was a good Exclusive it might be worst half a plat?

What makes you say that? Remember the we the backers will be a small part of the total player population once the game is live, which means the KS exclusive cards that are going to be available for trade will be very rare and sought after. Even now, we have more and more people joining the community that missed the KS and are already asking to trade for some of those exclusive cards.

I think you will get good value out of these cards already a few months into the beta.

benczi
06-18-2013, 06:43 AM
Remember the we the backers will be a small part of the total player population once the game is live

That is what everyone hopes, but at this point we cannot be sure of that. I assume that the game will be popular, because I love it, but just how popular, and how many of the players will be willing to invest in AA cards remains to be seen. (still, as it's said in the faq, expect the value of these cards to go up as years pass, it will be less in the first 3 years, than in 10 years from now. )

Shadowelf
06-18-2013, 07:09 AM
still, as it's said in the faq, expect the value of these cards to go up as years pass, it will be less in the first 3 years, than in 10 years from now. )

That's pretty much true for every collector's item; hex being a tcg however, playability will be a deciding factor too