PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Get an Interview for My YouTube Channel

mtgheadquarters
06-17-2013, 04:08 PM
I have one of the I guess you would say larger Magic the Gathering Youtube channels out there, close to 9,000 subscribers now and growing by almost 100 per day and I would really love to get a video interview with Cory to both promote the game to the MTG community but also create some exciting content for my new Hex channel. I really want to explore how Hex is so much more than simply an "MTG Clone" which sometimes is peoples first reaction and talk about the pricing etc.

I am really excited for the game and I don't think I am in the minority of players on MTGO that are a little sick of the low quality they continue to offer at often very unreasonable prices...If there is a way to set something like that up, I would love some help.

Youtube.com/mtgheadquarters

Tathel
06-17-2013, 04:17 PM
He's done a number of interviews with other youtubers / podcasters. I'm not sure if the phone number he gave during the kickstarter is still 'phone anytime' or weather he was just doing that during the kickstart but i'm sure you could e-mail crypto: hexmedia@cryptozoic.com

And they'd respond to you when they have time to organize something. Cory is very passionate so I don't think it would be too much of an issue provided he has the time (Were busy last week with E3 and obviously have to work on the game ^_^)

ZeroCool
06-17-2013, 04:17 PM
You should contact them directly from their site, I don't think this is the place to ask for an interview.

P.s. If you interviewing someone keeps them from doing work to release the Alpha, I'm gonna be mad ;-)

maniza
06-17-2013, 04:22 PM
You sir just got one more subscriber i hope your interview happens

mtgheadquarters
06-17-2013, 04:44 PM
hey, I am eagerly anticipating the alpha too, Im on the donor list as well...I can't wait!

mtgheadquarters
06-17-2013, 04:45 PM
You sir just got one more subscriber i hope your interview happens

Me too! thanks, hope you like the content

mtgheadquarters
06-17-2013, 04:47 PM
And they'd respond to you when they have time to organize something. Cory is very passionate so I don't think it would be too much of an issue provided he has the time (Were busy last week with E3 and obviously have to work on the game ^_^)

Thanks for the contact info, I shot them an email, fingers crossed

DjiN
06-17-2013, 04:58 PM
If a decent number of MTG players would switch over this would just make HEX so much more awesome! =)

Slish
06-17-2013, 05:03 PM
haha yeah, steal all the MTG players! not too many though, I dont want too many pro-players in so I can't win :(

mtgheadquarters
06-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Well as a long time MTG player I really think there is a huge gap in how things in the online space has progressed in regards to the MTGO option. I play both paper and digital and have no intentions of stopping MTG, it just seems like Hex will be more player friendly in the long term and certainly more affordable/social. I am trying to manage my expectations and just be happy there may be a new option but it seems like a lot of the MTG community is more skeptic...so hopefully a well conducted video interview would likely be pretty awesome

Corpselocker
06-17-2013, 05:28 PM
I am available for interviews ;) We may have to talk about Emergency Management, though, since that is my forte :)

mtgheadquarters
06-17-2013, 05:52 PM
I am available for interviews ;) We may have to talk about Emergency Management, though, since that is my forte :)

Would totally do it, we could chat about guilds