PDA

View Full Version : if a lotus root can host the rezzed soul of a god...

keroko
06-18-2013, 10:16 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nezha_(deity)

...then is it allowed in pvp?

am i gonna have to gen up / worse purchase 4 for each constructed deck I make to be competitive?

sure hope not.

jai151
06-18-2013, 10:17 AM
The spectral lotus is PVE only.

Cronix
06-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Lotus is PvE only, but I hope that there is a crazy tournament where PvE and PvP cards are allowed.

ossuary
06-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Lotus is PvE only, but I hope that there is a crazy tournament where PvE and PvP cards are allowed.

There is. It's called "Wild West" format.

Gwaer
06-18-2013, 10:27 AM
There is. It's called "Wild West" format.
People on the forums have called it wild west format. I dearly hope they come up with a better term than that, because it's stupid.

Avaian
06-18-2013, 10:28 AM
People on the forums have called it wild west format. I dearly hope they come up with a better term than that, because it's stupid.

CZE came up with the name, the people in the forums just accepted it.

Gwaer
06-18-2013, 10:30 AM
CZE came up with the name, the people in the forums just accepted it.
Nope, I was here when the guy came up with the name. There was one video of cory saying people had taken to calling it wild west. Which hopefully means it will not be called that by them.

Originally the guy called it wild wild west... which was half again more annoying, but still.

keroko
06-18-2013, 10:36 AM
The spectral lotus is PVE only.

good good.

its called 'OPEN' - but people like cowboys /shrug

Gen91
06-18-2013, 11:20 AM
I think Wildwest Format is a fine name and nearly every backer nows this name now^^.

Punk
06-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Nope, I was here when the guy came up with the name. There was one video of cory saying people had taken to calling it wild west. Which hopefully means it will not be called that by them.

Originally the guy called it wild wild west... which was half again more annoying, but still.

This was the first post on these forums in which the phrase "Wild West" appears (5/19/13):

I think they have (correctly) termed this the "wild west" style of competition. Since they aren't balancing PvE with competitive play in mind, you're going to see some ridiculous crazy combos. I think it is meant as more of a "fun, once in a while with friends" style competition. I personally suspect (and may likely be completely wrong) that the standard PvP competitions will get most of the traffic.

This is the thread that you were referencing (Started on 5/27/13):

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24162&highlight=wild+wild+west

Both of these occur after Hex Kickstarter's Update #6 video (5/14/13) with Alex Charsky which the term "Wild West format" is used.

I think Avaian was correct. Yes, I am this bored at work.