PDA

View Full Version : My Suggestion List

Murmeldjuret
06-18-2013, 10:26 AM
I usually avoid Forums, so I will make this brief.

Here is a list of features I would like to see, in no particular order.

Share Deck
The ability to share a deck with a friend, for example you want to try their deck, and they can try your deck. I don't know how often we did this in MTG but it was a considerable portion of our matches together. I don't see an easy solution for an online environment, but initially having a challenge friend include an option to play each others deck only vs one another would go a long way.
HTML-Deck Display
Having a deck exportable to an easy to share html link, would make it easier to share and discuss decks.
This will inevitably be done by a community member, but if you do an official and effective from the start, and integrate it into the game, it will be used more and by more members.
Pass Turn Button
One thing that was uncomfortably obvious from the Twitch streams was the amount of times you had to press "Pass Priority". Especially in the first few rounds, where you at most played two cards. Having a "Pass Turn" button would considerably speed up the early rounds. When you play MTG, you lay down your first mana, place your 1-drop, and then pass your turn.
Some considerations:
At least 1 cm away from the "Pass Priority" button to prevent mis-click.
The opponent should have an "Accept" button, this one at least 1 cm away from the "Pass Priority" button, which should turn into a "Decline" button.
It should be able to turn it off in the options, for those who have trouble with it.
Hotseat?
Not a big issue, but it would be nice.

Sorry for the long post, have a nice day.

Daer
06-18-2013, 10:26 AM
#1 is what Guild banks are for.

jaxsonbateman
06-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Yup, 1 is taken care of by the guild bank feature. If you allow people to take decks too far (ie. using it in their PvE journeys) then you run the risk of a lot of players never having to source cards for their collection, which is not good for a TCG.

3 will probably be solved via shortcuts to "pass priority" until certain points - either to pass current priority, pass priority until your opponent does something, or pass priority until end of turn. That's how MTGO does it, and it works fine.

4 would be difficult to implement I'd imagine.

ConnorJS
06-18-2013, 11:46 AM
I agree with 3, pass turn would be really useful and save a lot of time. Watching the pass priority slow the game down was a bit difficult to watch at some points. I think this as well as what Jax has pointed out about the MTGO system would make for smooth gameplay.

Shadowelf
06-18-2013, 11:53 AM
4 would be difficult to implement I'd imagine.

Yeah the game can rotate the board, so the inactive player will be at the background; how to conceal u hand from ur opponent sounds challenging though :P

sckolar
06-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Passing turns would be nice...

Niedar
06-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Yeah the game can rotate the board, so the inactive player will be at the background; how to conceal u hand from ur opponent sounds challenging though :P

This sounds like a pain in the ass with the priority system.

maniza
06-18-2013, 09:39 PM
I agree with 3, pass turn would be really useful and save a lot of time. Watching the pass priority slow the game down was a bit difficult to watch at some points. I think this as well as what Jax has pointed out about the MTGO system would make for smooth gameplay.
Also atack with everithing button plz