PDA

View Full Version : PVE Exclusives Value?

NotSure
06-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Hi there fellow Hexers!

I was wondering what people thought the value of the PVE exclusives was going to be. I know that some people who got multiple tiers and/or have no plans on playing PVE, will have some to get rid of. I was hoping to complete a playset of them and I imagine others are as well.

I was thinking 2 or 3 boosters a piece. What does everyone else think?

Shadowelf
06-18-2013, 05:27 PM
I think its hard to speculate/evaluate pve exclusives atm. I'd wouldn't part with them for 3 boosters though

Yoss
06-18-2013, 05:30 PM
It will depend on individual preferences that are hard to analyze in advance. For myself, you almost couldn't pay me enough to get me to break up my playset. However, I know there are some people who have more than a playset and will likely sell the excess.

My purely speculative, almost meaningless guess: $20 per card

I have almost no basis for that estimate, so don't ask for one.

SomeoneRandom
06-18-2013, 05:31 PM
If this game blows up as much as I think it will they will probably be 20$+ a piece. I would suggest trying to complete playsets early while the percentage of players that are kickstart backers is high. Once the population explodes I think there will be a high demand and no supply.

Gwaer
06-18-2013, 05:33 PM
You could get a full playset during the KS for around $250 if you bought 2 kings. I unfortunately bought 0 kings, and paid at least 500 for my full playsets, I couldn't see parting with them for less than that.

TheProphet
06-18-2013, 05:40 PM
i will trade my extra copies of pve exclusive cards.

once the market settles there will be high valued "meta cards" ill trade my pve cards for the highest valued cards

Tnexus
06-18-2013, 06:24 PM
I bet a pack or two. Keep in mind there's going to 20,000 of some. Since most are simply AI cards, any non-collector's will care less about which they have.

DjiN
06-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Can't give a playset Princess Cory's away except I get a substantial offer.

NotSure
06-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the replies.

It doesn't sound like it will be as easy as I had hoped. But, it shouldn't be impossible.

Shadowelf
06-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the replies.

It doesn't sound like it will be as easy as I had hoped. But, it shouldn't be impossible.

I bet that there are a lot of ppl into the game for pvp and in particular drafts. I wouldn't give up hope on pve exclusives; just have some hot pvp cards at hand or plat and i'm sure u will find ppl willing to trade theirs.

stiii
06-19-2013, 05:49 PM
If you listen to all the values given on the forums even king level has got $500 worth of stuff so it is pretty likely there will some people selling for a bit less.

DjiN
06-19-2013, 06:05 PM
I don't get these value discussions though. We will know when the game is released.

stiii
06-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Well we don't really know much of anything so people want to talk about something.

wurtil
06-19-2013, 07:35 PM
If I had to speculate:

Ninja Training, Moment of Glory, The Crowd Roars, and Prospero all have minimal value (1 pack or less) as they aren't particularly exciting and the demand should be low.

Spectral Assassin and Lady Cassandra go for around a pack as they are good but abundant.

Wrath of Zakiir, Scourge Knight, and Void Marauder go for 3-5 packs at first as they are fairly powerful and unique cards for PVE (with Void Marauder in particular having a high ceiling in value as it's ability potentially enables powerful combos to defeat particular bosses).

Orson's Dream, Princess Cory, and Chest O'Hex go for 5+ packs, as they are fun cards with crazy abilities that people will love to be able to have and use in casual play.

Spectral Lotus Garden . . . not touching that topic with a 20-foot pole.

Killer.Mutant
06-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Kickstarter exclusives will be rarer than set 1 legendaries, but I'm not sure how significant that is as there will be a lot of cards and boosters available at launch.

This is a chart of the number of boosters available at launch.
Kickstarter day 0 only, no Paypal or slacker backer. No VIP, no pro player drafts for life.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2u8htv4.jpg

(Forum software wouldn't let me imbed - too large, sorry!)

If CZE sticks with Magic rarity breakdown then packs will contain:
1 land
10 commons
3 uncommons
1 rare (7/8) or
1 legendary (1/8)

Since Hex cards upgrade to foil through experience I don't expect there to be foil cards in boosters but I could be wrong. And anyway, it makes the math more complicated for what by definition is going to be pretty ballpark since we have no idea how popular the game will be after release and how many non-kickstarter people will jump on board.

I'm also ignoring primal packs and starters but regular boosters will obviously be the primary source of cards.

It will certainly take a long time for all those packs to be opened (keep in mind that playing tournaments creates more boosters so these numbers are very low) but in the end, they represent 1,556,749 rares and 222,392 legendaries.

There are 17,765 backers. So once everyone opens their packs, there will be 87 rares and 12 legendaries per player.

King/EB King was the most popular tier at 3455 backers. Each king will have 164 boosters. That's 143 rares and 20 legendaries.

(I'm still ignoring Primals though). Also ignoring rare drafting...

RaiZenGar
06-19-2013, 10:24 PM
I will gladly trade anyone 1-3 packs each for their PvE exclusives.

Not that I imagine these mythical people willing to do so exist.

hammer
06-19-2013, 11:27 PM
I have 2 collector so will have 6 copies of most of these exclusives. Willing to keep 4 each and sell the rest - will consider sensible offers for 2 of each as a job lot with payment via Paypal. Delivery on beta. Msg me here.

hammer
06-20-2013, 05:32 AM
I have 2 x Collector and will therefore have 2 spare of each on the non-lotus PVE KS exclusives. I am happy to listen to paypal offers on the following 20 cards (as a bulk lot) ie 2 of each of the following).
Prospero, Sylvan Enchanter
Orson's Dream
The Crowd Roars!
Wrath of Zakiir
Scourge Knight
Moment of Glory
Ninja Training
Lady Cassandra
Void Marauder
Spectral Assassin

ConnorJS
06-20-2013, 06:45 AM
In my honest opinion, due to the sheer number of them in circulation I assume that it will take a while for them to be worth much. I think people who are going to be spending plat will likely go for PvP cards. Lotus garden however will be worth $100+ very quickly as people realise how useful it is.

Diesbudt
06-20-2013, 06:46 AM
Spectral Lotus Garden . . . not touching that topic with a 20-foot pole.

How about a 27.5-foot pole?

Diesbudt
06-20-2013, 06:47 AM
This reminds me... I need to work on getting a 4th chest O hex, void maurader, scourge knight, and ninja training and orson's dream.

DjiN
06-20-2013, 06:50 AM
This reminds me... I need to work on getting a 4th chest O hex, void maurader, scourge knight, and ninja training and orson's dream.

Listening to offers. :p

Diesbudt
06-20-2013, 06:52 AM
Listening to offers. :p

Working on buying/selling/trades prior to game (and KS rewards) coming out doesn't sound stable in my books unfortunately. lol

DjiN
06-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Working on buying/selling/trades prior to game (and KS rewards) coming out doesn't sound stable in my books unfortunately. lol

Probably missed out on a cheap deal then :/

Diesbudt
06-20-2013, 07:03 AM
This brings up another point. Anyone have running/plans to have a site to organize trades with even search engines of traders and stuff for cards? Would be useful I think.

Shadowelf
06-20-2013, 07:14 AM
This brings up another point. Anyone have running/plans to have a site to organize trades with even search engines of traders and stuff for cards? Would be useful I think.

Legal issues aside, why would u need such an option, since there will be an AH?

Gwaer
06-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Hex realms has a marketplace for that stuff.

Justinkp
06-20-2013, 07:22 AM

To avoid the AH fee (10%?)? A site that had a 5% fee might do well. Not sure there'd be legal issues since they said they'd stay away from secondary market but dunno.

loopholist3
06-20-2013, 07:53 AM
To avoid the AH fee (10%?)? A site that had a 5% fee might do well. Not sure there'd be legal issues since they said they'd stay away from secondary market but dunno.

As long as they don't take any measures to stop it, you could always use ebay.

Diesbudt
06-20-2013, 08:07 AM

AH lets me buy, but not trade X,Y,Z cards for A card. Or etc. Hence why my post said trades not buy/sell.

Remember The "T" in TCG.

Shadowelf
06-20-2013, 08:07 AM

Has it been confirmed that AH's cut will be 10 % Sounds like too much to me, especially in plat deals

Shadowelf
06-20-2013, 08:08 AM
AH lets me buy, but not trade X,Y,Z cards for A card. Or etc. Hence why my post said trades not buy/sell.

Remember The "T" in TCG.

It has been confirmed somewhere that u can trade directly with others; can't find it right now though

Justinkp
06-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Has it been confirmed that AH's cut will be 10 % Sounds like too much to me, especially in plat deals

No idea which is why I added the ?. Its something I heard someone say, no one corrected them but who knows what that's worth. 10% does seem high.

Diesbudt
06-20-2013, 08:12 AM
It has been confirmed somewhere that u can trade directly with others; can't find it right now though

Yes I know this.... However how convienent would it be say 1 year down the road Set 4 is released, and there isn't a massive influx of cards. Now I am looking for a specific card and want to see someone is up for a trade. Finding them may be difficult, but if I can find a advanced search engine on some card trading site to work out the trade, it may be beneficial.

Shadowelf
06-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Yes I know this.... However how convienent would it be say 1 year down the road Set 4 is released, and there isn't a massive influx of cards. Now I am looking for a specific card and want to see someone is up for a trade. Finding them may be difficult, but if I can find a advanced search engine on some card trading site to work out the trade, it may be beneficial.

I understand what ur saying but in this case we have to w8 and see. I have seen lots of nice ideas on the forums from ingame card albums to album profiles here at the forums like the ones diablo3 had. Also there will be a chat system;

Delrusant
06-20-2013, 09:17 AM
You can use the AH to see who sells the card you want and may contact them for a future trade if the current auction gets to the finish line without any bid

Then there will be forums where you can asks for trade and maybe a dedicated secondary site

GoatWarlord
06-25-2013, 10:39 PM
I really want a playset of Lady Cassandra with the equipment. I hope it isn't too hard to get them since every tier got at least two of them. Sadly I missed out on the Kickstarter deals so I don't have any.

AstaSyneri
06-26-2013, 12:44 AM
In my case I wouldn't trade any of the Exclusives for boosters, especially not for Set 1 ones. I am in no hurry to trade any of those promo cards away and would likely want to get Platinum for them. W8&C.