PDA

View Full Version : Pay for VIP with Plat? Is Plat the main currency or is $$$

Prism
06-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Hey, this has probably been answered before but is plat the currency for all purchases from crypto? Or do I have to pay $4 for VIP?

Thanks, not a huge deal, just curious

Gwaer
06-18-2013, 06:33 PM
everything points to VIP being a recurring subscription on your credit card.

Zophie
06-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Hey, this has probably been answered before but is plat the currency for all purchases from crypto? Or do I have to pay $4 for VIP?

I don't know but it would be nice if you could pay for VIP with plat too. For that matter it'd also be cool if VIP could be purchased as a consumable item that you could trade or sell.

TheDiv
06-18-2013, 11:19 PM
I don't know but it would be nice if you could pay for VIP with plat too. For that matter it'd also be cool if VIP could be purchased as a consumable item that you could trade or sell.

Next thing you know we'll have VIP tokens popping out of Treasure Chests from boosters!

Delrusant
06-19-2013, 02:00 AM
VIP is limited to one per person (one per credit card) so it will not go for plat anytime soon. CZE need to have money coming in and their 3 sources are starter deck (not the free one), booster sell (including via VIP and VIP sub), and tournament fees, the only one that might be allowed to be paid by plat in the long term (and if the plat stays near the value there are sold at by CZE) is tournament fees.

Mr.Funsocks
06-19-2013, 06:56 AM
VIP is limited to one per person (one per credit card) so it will not go for plat anytime soon. CZE need to have money coming in and their 3 sources are starter deck (not the free one), booster sell (including via VIP and VIP sub), and tournament fees, the only one that might be allowed to be paid by plat in the long term (and if the plat stays near the value there are sold at by CZE) is tournament fees.

That... makes no sense. If plat is used, it was bought from CZE. It doesn't matter how much it's been traded, it's still money into CZE's coffers, same as a credit card. And I don't know how "one per credit card" would preclude this.

jai151
06-19-2013, 07:00 AM
That... makes no sense. If plat is used, it was bought from CZE. It doesn't matter how much it's been traded, it's still money into CZE's coffers, same as a credit card. And I don't know how "one per credit card" would preclude this.

It's not just one per credit card, it's one per person. CZE has been very adamant that they have tools in place to prevent abuse of the system, opening it up for platinum is opening it up to that abuse.

ConnorJS
06-19-2013, 07:07 AM
I think they'll stick to credit card, as platinum may lose value over time. It's also a secondary source of income rather than a primary one...

Mr.Funsocks
06-19-2013, 07:37 AM
It's not just one per credit card, it's one per person. CZE has been very adamant that they have tools in place to prevent abuse of the system, opening it up for platinum is opening it up to that abuse.

And that has to do with purchasing VIP with plat... how?

Thelaasa
06-19-2013, 08:56 AM
And that has to do with purchasing VIP with plat... how?

If you can purchase VIP with plat, it would be possible for one person to have multiple VIP accounts off of just 1 credit card. Buy plat with your credit card, trade to non-card accounts, buy VIP with plat, thus bypassing the one account per credit card limit.

Mr.Funsocks
06-19-2013, 07:06 PM
If you can purchase VIP with plat, it would be possible for one person to have multiple VIP accounts off of just 1 credit card. Buy plat with your credit card, trade to non-card accounts, buy VIP with plat, thus bypassing the one account per credit card limit.

You need a credit card/payment method associated with an account.

Thelaasa
06-19-2013, 07:51 PM
You need a credit card/payment method associated with an account.

only to create a VIP subscription for that account. If you could instead pay for your sub with platinum, it could bypass the need for the credit card.