PDA

View Full Version : So latest news on Alpha is "mid to late August"

Avignon
06-19-2013, 05:47 AM
So from my sources (well more because I am a WoW TCG fan), latest info is...

"mid to late August for playable Alpha, 4-6 weeks will put us into Beta"

Also might be playable at GENCON Indianapolis (I am in OZ so I don't even know what that is).

So that could in theory could be 8 weeks away. That being said I am going with Cory saying that it will be playable when its ready, and not before. Thats the best thing for the game.

Linkage for non-believers: http://gluttonywowtcg.com/ - episode 123

Also WoW TCG side events at the Magic Star City events which is very cool. Have a listen if you haven't before. Sean is a very good presenter.

Shadowelf
06-19-2013, 05:51 AM
My latest info was late August/early September. It will be awesome if they sped things up (not at the expense of the game however)

Justinkp
06-19-2013, 05:59 AM
My latest info was late August/early September. It will be awesome if they sped things up (not at the expense of the game however)

Yep, we all want it soon but it will be ready when its ready. Its refreshing to be in a forum where people seem to almost entirely get that. I can't tell you how many game forums I've seen where the fans say "we don't care if its buggy, we want it nooooow!" So shortsighted. It helps that the game was announced relatively recently and we haven't been waiting 3+ years with 2 or more delays of course.

Justin

Malicus
06-19-2013, 06:14 AM
I am somewhat torn on Alpha - it will be great to get into the game and start playing but it still wont be the real thing just a different version of the impatience and hunger:), not until I get my KS rewards and start actually building my collection will I be even moderately satiated.

Fireblast
06-19-2013, 06:15 AM
As long as we have access to all the cards alpha will be fun

~

Keznath
06-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Give us the card list, and even without alpha, i could have fun myself for deckbuilding !!!

Agent-Smashing
06-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Can someone give me the time in this podcast that talks about the alpha, I'm too lazy to go hunting through the audio for it.

Avignon
06-19-2013, 06:34 AM
In the first 10 mins, maybe 7 mins?

Shadowelf
06-19-2013, 06:35 AM
Can someone give me the time in this podcast that talks about the alpha, I'm too lazy to go hunting through the audio for it.

It doesn't have a timer but the info is relatively at the beginning...they start talking about it about when the play bar covers (greys out) the word 'track'

Chiany
06-19-2013, 06:44 AM

9.38 they strt talking about Hex.

panzer
06-19-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm glad theres no actual date set for alpha yet; the knowing makes waiting unbearable.
While I'm not a fan of the super long betas (that are essentially unfinished releases) I'm too much of an addict not to play this.

badalchemist
06-19-2013, 06:48 AM
"Wow, I can't believe this MMO released early!"

--Said nobody ever

Qorsair
06-19-2013, 07:12 AM
For people just looking for real Hex info, I'll save you some time on this podcast. They just talk casually about Hex being available to play last weekend at the WoW TCG tournament in Las Vegas, Hex being available to play at GenCon, then the quote the OP is talking about starts at 12:20, then they confirm that Hex hit 2.5m and HexCON, and after that they move on to other topics.

I would take their comments with a grain of salt, as they didn't have a concrete recollection of what the date was.
On the other hand, Cory stated on the E3 stream that beta will start at the end of September, alpha will be a few weeks before that. I'd take that to be the official word, and wouldn't expect to see the alpha before the end of August.

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/hex-shards-of-fate-6410011/

ConnorJS
06-19-2013, 07:18 AM
He previously said that Alpha would be 2-3 weeks, so 4-6 sounds like good news :).

ramseytheory
06-19-2013, 07:47 AM
It could still be that the plan is a 2-3 week alpha, a 2-3 week bugfixing and polishing period, then the beta.

Slish
06-19-2013, 08:55 AM
I can only say. ALWAYS ADD AT LEAST a couple weeks, or a month to the supposed release date ;)

I have never ever seen a game released on the release date stated early on. lol...
My prediction is: end of september.

Agent-Smashing
06-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks guys!

tautologico
06-19-2013, 11:34 AM
I can only say. ALWAYS ADD AT LEAST a couple weeks, or a month to the supposed release date ;)

I have never ever seen a game released on the release date stated early on. lol...
My prediction is: end of september.

Yeah, that's what I've been saying. I wouldn't expect it sooner than late September, though if it does come at the end of August / start of September, then all the better.

ConnorJS
06-19-2013, 11:46 AM
I am hoping to be playing Hex (Alpha or Beta) by the end of September otherwise I think I will die from impatience :L.