PDA

View Full Version : Questions about this game.

GoatWarlord
06-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Hey all! I just heard out about this game, and it looks quite interesting. It combines two aspects that I really enjoy, MMOs and TCGs. Needless to say, I'm a bit bummed out that I missed out on the Kickstarter opportunity. After reading a bit about the game I found myself with some questions I was hoping someone would be kind enough to answer for me.

1. Seeing as how there was quite a bit of Kickstarter exclusive content, will any of it give an edge over players who missed out on the opportunity? Additionally I was wondering if any of the content is better than anything that can be obtained in the game.

2. It sounds like most of or all of the Kickstarter exclusive content is going to be tradeable. Is this the case, or is there something that someone won't be able to obtain?

3. It sounds like quite a few cards are only going to be obtainable through the story mode. I believe it was mentioned around 300. Are these PvE only cards? Also, are the cards that can be used in PvP only obtainable through booster packs? Can PvP cards be used in only PvP or also in PvE?

4. Are champions or mercenaries used in PvP, or only in PvE? Can every race be every class or are there limitations? Does each race that can be a certain class have special abilities only that race has, or are the abilities only associated with the classes?

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future as I read more about this game, but that is everything I have right now.

Grissnap
06-19-2013, 05:53 PM
1. PvE stuff rewards are exclusive to kickstarter, PvP stuff is obtainable through packs though the art is different. It depends on what you mean by "give an edge", if you mean going up against other players in PvP content, it would not make any difference. If you mean kickstarter people will have access to different kinds of decks in PvE and potentially able to clear dungeons faster - possibly, hard to say since we don't know all the cards. Likely, if there is an advantage it won't be a drastically large one. The Dungeon Delver tier and other boosts may give people more access to more equipment, so that is more likely to allow them to build stronger decks. But again, it won't directly affect you since you aren't in direct competition with others in PvE.

2. Drafts and Champions/Mercenaries, plus the $250 tier bonuses like Raid Leader/Dungeon Delver/Guild Leader/Pro Player aren't tradable. Packs and exclusive PvE/PvP cards are tradeable however.

3. Any cards you get in story mode are PvE only. PvP cards are obtainable only through booster packs (or trade). PvP can be used in PvE, but PvE cannot be used in PvP.

4. The champions you level up in PvE are not usable in PvP. PvP is tightly balanced and so everyone will have access to the same champions in PvP. Every race can be every class. We don't know whether race will affect classes, but we do know many of the dungeons will play differently depending on your race.

majin
06-19-2013, 06:01 PM
1. Seeing as how there was quite a bit of Kickstarter exclusive content, will any of it give an edge over players who missed out on the opportunity? Additionally I was wondering if any of the content is better than anything that can be obtained in the game.

on PvP no, on PvE, the raid leader bonus will definitely give those in the party a boost. the dungeon crawler will have 2 rolls so less grind

2. It sounds like most of or all of the Kickstarter exclusive content is going to be tradeable. Is this the case, or is there something that someone won't be able to obtain?

exclusive mercs, sleeves, the raid leader bonus and the dungeon crawler bonus (the pro tier free draft for life can be obtained by paying a lot of cash, same with the collector's AA card)

3. It sounds like quite a few cards are only going to be obtainable through the story mode. I believe it was mentioned around 300. Are these PvE only cards? Also, are the cards that can be used in PvP only obtainable through booster packs? Can PvP cards be used in only PvP or also in PvE?

the 300 PvE cards and 350 PvP cards are for set 1 only. there will be new sets every 4 months. not to mentioned the 1500 - 1800+ equipments for the set 1 cards

PvP cards can be bought from the auction house (gold or platinum prices will depends on the players, CZE already said they won't touch the secondary market so it's all up to the community to dictate the prices)

PvP cards can be used in PvE, PvE cards can't be used on PvP but there will be an "anything goes PvP format" (currently known as wild west) where PvP and PvE cards + equipments (if I am not mistaken) can be used

4. Are champions or mercenaries used in PvP, or only in PvE? Can every race be every class or are there limitations? Does each race that can be a certain class have special abilities only that race has, or are the abilities only associated with the classes?

mercs and the other champion skills are only for PvE (except maybe on the wild west format)

you create fort and then you create mercs / champions and level them up and you assign champion / merc on a particular deck (check one of the twitch tv video where they had some problems, the deck builder was previewed there)

as for the specific abilities and skill trees, if I am not mistaken, these info aren't released yet to the public

welcome to the community

Aradon
06-19-2013, 06:02 PM
1) Most of the Kickstarter was just good value per dollar. However, the cards from the kickstarter are exclusive and unattainable outside of trading. BUT, the PvP cards used for competitive play are only exclusive art; the cards themselves will be available as normal from packs. You won't be at a disadvantage in competitive play. There is a fair amount of PvE cards that won't be available to you, though. Right now it's hard to judge the power level of these cards. We can say for sure that the Spectral Lotus is incredibly good, but beyond that it's speculation. I doubt you'll find it inhibiting your PvE experience, though, because you should theoretically be able to beat any of the challenges put forth without them. It's not like you'll be playing against other humans who have access to cards you don't. We already know that the AI will be using cards we can't :P

Finally, yes, Raid Leaders will have a bonus to their raid fights that gives them a distinct advantage. You won't be able to acquire this in the game (though playing with a Raid Leader will confer the bonus to you for that raid). Dungeon Collectors will receive huge bonuses to their loot, and Guild Masters confer 10% exp bonuses to their guild. These are all significant exclusives that will affect the PvE experience, but not the PvP competitive experience.

2) Most of the Kickstarter things. Things that won't be: the exclusive Mercenaries, and the 250-dollar exclusive bonuses of Raid Leader, Collector, Guild Master, and Dungeon Collector. These are tied to account, rather than items to be traded.

3) PvE only cards are only acquired by playing PvE content. They don't show up in booster packs. I don't know if you can earn PvP cards through PvE content, but you will earn gold, and theoretically, PvP items could be sold in the Auction House for gold. PvP cards can be used in PvE, but you can't use PvE in PvP.

4) In PvE, you can create your own champion (this system is still being designed) with various abilities and powers. Mercenaries act as secondary champion templates that are much simpler and more build-around. They are PvE only. In PvP matches, there will be a standard set of prebuilt champions players can use. I believe they'll have one of each race-class combo. Classes define most of the abilities, while races give a few tweaks. Each combo should play a bit differently.

I think that should cover most of your questions. Lemme know if anything wasn't clear, or if you have more questions.

GoatWarlord
06-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Thank you everyone. You have been a big help! It's time I start looking for a guild now as I just picked up the $50 pack.

ramseytheory
06-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Welcome aboard! :)

GoatWarlord
06-19-2013, 11:37 PM
I was trying to figure out what I all missed regarding Kickstarter exclusive content. I would have bought the Warrior tier if I could have. Would someone mind listing for me everything I missed out on?

Xintia
06-19-2013, 11:44 PM
This has all the KS rewards listed.

http://hextcg.com/rewards/

GoatWarlord
06-20-2013, 12:01 AM
Thank you, but I looked on there already. That page seems to differ from the Kickstarter page. The Kickstarter page has stretch goals that aren't listed there. I was mainly wondering about the "+1 Additional Copy of Every Kickstarter Exclusive PVE and PVP Alternative Art card."

5. How many starter decks will there be at launch? Will there be the choice of all of the starter decks for free when starting, or are there only a limited amount to choose from? If so, how many choices will free players have to choose from?

6. I told a friend about this game and he became interested. However, he doesn't want to buy something until he tries it out. If he signs up for the beta now will he be able to get in to play with me?

Avignon
06-20-2013, 01:57 AM
5. 8 I believe? (Don't have quote). You get 1 for free.

6. No pay, no play until release. You can either tip him upside down and shake money out of him or get him to go to your house and watch you having awesome fun while he misses out.

Fireblast
06-20-2013, 02:35 AM
Basically kickstarters backers have :
- More cards to start PvP but no edge
- Ways to finish the PvE campaign faster than anyone else (but who really cares, most people will turn the bonuses off to have a challenge playing)

~

Grissnap
06-20-2013, 02:39 AM
5. 4 purchasable starters at launch (human, shin'hare, orc, dwarf), you get another starter deck (different from the purchasable ones, non-tradable) when you create an account.

6. The game is F2P at launch, but you either have to kickstart (too late now) or slacker back to get in before release.