PDA

View Full Version : I can not believe it took me this long to ask this

ShadowTycho
06-19-2013, 11:54 PM
So. whenever you get a pack from cryptozoic(not on the auction house) it has a chance of being a primal pack.
when i do a free draft from my grand king tier, i get three packs to draft with. one left and two right.
can those packs be primal packs?
this would make for a super interesting draft environment.

hex_colin
06-19-2013, 11:58 PM
No, those free draft packs cannot be Primals.

Pro tip for drafting outside of the free draft benefits - buy the packs ahead of time (so that you get a chance at Primals) and then bring 3 normal packs to the draft and pay the $1 entry fee.

C

Baigan
06-20-2013, 12:02 AM
You'll know before entering the draft whether a pack is primal.

As to the possibility of having a draft mode with only primals ...

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23180&page=3&p=228499&viewfull=1#post228499

ShadowTycho
06-20-2013, 12:12 AM
No, those draft packs cannot be Primals.

Pro tip for drafting - buy the packs ahead of time (so that you get a chance at Primals) and then bring 3 normal packs to the draft and pay the $1 entry fee.

C
i wont know, since i am not paying the entry fee and not using my own packs. i'm pressing my free draft button i get for being a grand king.

Chiany
06-20-2013, 12:15 AM
i'm pressing my free draft button i get for being a grand king.

Those packs will never be a primal, this could only work if it was a full primal pack draft.
Which it won't be.

jaxsonbateman
06-20-2013, 12:59 AM
i wont know, since i am not paying the entry fee and not using my own packs. i'm pressing my free draft button i get for being a grand king.
Well... if you're opening packs anyway, might I suggest that you sell a pack to get over $1 in plat, then enter a draft, get a bit of choice in card selection, and then see how you do? Assuming you have a few hours available, you're still going to get your 3 rares if you want them, you might get more, and in a Swiss draft you'll win 1.5 packs on average, and have an 87.5% chance to win at least one.

IMO the time factor is the only drawback.