PDA

View Full Version : Combat - Tap attackers to right !

ChampionVital
06-20-2013, 02:35 AM
Hello ! I just see gameplay->how to play video (http://hextcg.com/howtoplay/)
During attack phase, you tap troops to left. Then I see Att/Def on tapped card in strange order
Easy way to fix this problem, - tap attackers to right !

Grissnap
06-20-2013, 02:40 AM
Or... just know that attack is in the left, defense is on the right.

Fireblast
06-20-2013, 02:43 AM
Usually IRL you pick the cards between your thumb and index on their bottom part and since most people are right handed that leads to turning the cards to the left.

Now that could be an option :
- Which side you exhaust for using powers
- Which side you exhaust for attacking
with left/right configurable to both these questions.

~

Avignon
06-20-2013, 02:47 AM
If crypto had an option to tap left or right, that would be mega awesome. Because its digital, you could also have opponent tap same way even if their option is different.

Justinkp
06-20-2013, 03:33 AM
Hmm maybe cards could have different abilities depending which direction they're tapped.

Justin

Diesbudt
06-20-2013, 05:00 AM
Or does it really matter... it is just a visual thing.

Malicus
06-20-2013, 05:17 AM
its a video game - visual matters.

I am right handed but usually I tap with my left so it goes right. In digital space its fine either way. As far as head position goes I probably prefer a tap to the left for ease of reading.

jai151
06-20-2013, 05:19 AM
I always tap my cards diagonally.

Diesbudt
06-20-2013, 05:21 AM
its a video game - visual matters.

I am right handed but usually I tap with my left so it goes right. In digital space its fine either way. As far as head position goes I probably prefer a tap to the left for ease of reading.

Well considering you won't ever have to read the cards sideways like a real TCG, this shouldn't be an issue. Plus tapping is just to show something is exhausted. Direction doesn't matter, unless you want to get nit-picky on the details. I have always just tapped them. Left, right, never mattered to me.

Malicus
06-20-2013, 05:27 AM
Well considering you won't ever have to read the cards sideways like a real TCG, this shouldn't be an issue. Plus tapping is just to show something is exhausted. Direction doesn't matter, unless you want to get nit-picky on the details. I have always just tapped them. Left, right, never mattered to me.

I won't want to zoom on every card just to refresh myself so I will read some sideways. As far as tapping IRL - either way is acceptable but it must be consistent for me or it looks wrong and tapping right was just my natural tap plus its the way Magic cards instruct you to do it.

jai151
06-20-2013, 05:36 AM
I won't want to zoom on every card just to refresh myself so I will read some sideways. As far as tapping IRL - either way is acceptable but it must be consistent for me or it looks wrong and tapping right was just my natural tap plus its the way Magic cards instruct you to do it.

In most current games, the "zoomed out" version of the card has its rules text rendered at a much lower (practically unreadable) resolution. You likely won't have the option of just reading it sideways.

Diesbudt
06-20-2013, 06:45 AM

As previously said. You cannot read them sideways. Look at the picture. Its all just a mess, as it is too zoomed out to read w/o A) memorizing what it says and just need the look of the card to remember it, or b) mouse over it for it to zoom back up in a non sideways look.

Mr.Funsocks
06-20-2013, 07:12 AM
TAPPING TO THE LEFT IS BLASPHEMY! SACRILEGE!

MOST people in physical TCGs tap with 2 fingers on their dominant hand, without picking the card up, and it ends up to the right.