PDA

View Full Version : When people ask about/demand more KS stuff, PLEASE...

mainstager
06-20-2013, 04:43 AM
Please please PLEASE, just politely send them here to nicosharp's post.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=25664

It is the TOP STICKY on the general forum. There is not need to kick this dead horse anymore or debate it. It's a closed subject. Again, PLEASE just be polite and direct people to the sticky post above. If we all do this, those threads will immediately die.

Also, realize you may be getting trolled when you get into a conversation about it. Again - http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=25664

Thanks,

Punk
06-20-2013, 04:49 AM
Thank you.

Gwaer
06-20-2013, 04:54 AM
Yep, this is the correct response.

Justinkp
06-20-2013, 05:47 AM
YES. We're going to get more and more of those posts, we really don't need 10 page threads every time. Maybe mention the extra booster when linking.

Sergan
06-20-2013, 05:54 AM
+1
a excellent thread for that cases.

Cronix
06-20-2013, 06:00 AM
+1, but they should remove the KS rewards out the store, it's confusing for people that have missed the boat.

ConnorJS
06-20-2013, 06:39 AM
I think directing them is one thing, but a lot of these people (whether they're trolls or not) kick off at the lost prospect of a good deal... Hopefully if they keep getting directed to the same thread they might get the picture :L

Shadowelf
06-20-2013, 07:00 AM
I think directing them is one thing, but a lot of these people (whether they're trolls or not) kick off at the lost prospect of a good deal... Hopefully if they keep getting directed to the same thread they might get the picture :L

Depends whether they are willing to get the picture or not . For most pointed to the thread might be enough, but not for trolls; for trolls you need a 10pg thread full of arguments, debates or flamewars

ConnorJS
06-20-2013, 07:01 AM
for trolls you need a 10pg thread full of arguments, debates or flamewars

Isn't that what the internet was created for?

Shadowelf
06-20-2013, 07:12 AM
Isn't that what the internet was created for?

Aren't we supposed to change the world here ? Who cares about hex, i'm here to educate trolls and teach them the civilized ways. :P

Gwaer
06-20-2013, 07:14 AM
The last thread that popped up like this was very civil. It was long, the guy that made it was abrasive but the community kept it civil and he came around. A few community members tried to make it out like he was trolling, but like I said he came around in the end.

Then after it was over current community members bumped it from oblivion and made a huge deal out of it again.

Honestly, paste a link to the now what thread, then let cooler heads talk them down. So what if it takes 10 pages of people convincing the guy that slacker backer is a good deal. If it brings in a new customer, great. If you're against long conversations with angry people just don't go into those threads in the first place.

Mr.Funsocks
06-20-2013, 07:26 AM
Aren't we supposed to change the world here ? Who cares about hex, i'm here to educate trolls and teach them the civilized ways. :P

I'm here to poke them with sticks until they go into a berzerker rage...

ConnorJS
06-20-2013, 07:54 AM

Once a troll, always a troll. It's like aids unfortunately.

Ginaz
06-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Honestly, if someone starts off by saying how they feel ripped off, cheated and denied the finer things in life by not getting in on the Kickstarter then they can go and get bent. The game is much better off without people who whine and have a huge sense of entitlement. I missed out on the PP and GK and had to "settle" for a DC. Boo hoo. I'm disappointed but I'm not going to cry about it like a little bitch. Thems the brakes. Maybe I'll go to McDonalds and complain loud and long enough for them to have the Shamrock shake all year round instead of just for St.Patrick's day because I want one whenever I feel like it.

Seriously, screw those guys. And we don't need people trying to white knight for them, either.

Mr.Funsocks
06-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Honestly, if someone starts off by saying how they feel ripped off, cheated and denied the finer things in life by not getting in on the Kickstarter then they can go and get bent. The game is much better off without people who whine and have a huge sense of entitlement. I missed out on the PP and GK and had to "settle" for a DC. Boo hoo. I'm disappointed but I'm not going to cry about it like a little bitch. Thems the brakes. Maybe I'll go to McDonalds and complain loud and long enough for them to have the Shamrock shake all year round instead of just for St.Patrick's day because I want one whenever I feel like it.

Seriously, screw those guys. And we don't need people trying to white knight for them, either.

I'm down with that.

Gwaer
06-20-2013, 11:57 PM
At a certain point you sound much more entitled than they ever do.

Ginaz
06-21-2013, 12:18 AM
At a certain point you sound much more entitled than they ever do.

How's that? Do I think I feel I'm entitled to want a game I play (well, will play) to be as free from whiny brats who's parents never told them "no" or refuse to listen to reason no matter how or how many times you tell them ? Then I guess guilty as charged. Maybe its just me, but I don't tolerate people like that, both in my personal life and online. Seriously, screw those guys.

mainstager
06-21-2013, 11:50 AM
How's that? Do I think I feel I'm entitled to want a game I play (well, will play) to be as free from whiny brats who's parents never told them "no" or refuse to listen to reason no matter how or how many times you tell them ? Then I guess guilty as charged. Maybe its just me, but I don't tolerate people like that, both in my personal life and online. Seriously, screw those guys.

The reason I created this thread is to cut down the "Boo-Hoo" that you hate so much. It annoys me too man, but being rude to new people isn't necessary. Pointing them to the sticky and letting them get a clue is the best course of action.

nicosharp
06-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the reminder. Hoping to kill 3 birds with 1 boulder... Or however that saying goes.