PDA

View Full Version : Set one timeline Vs. Beta

Ju66ernaut
06-20-2013, 06:48 AM
We know that CZ would like to put out three sets, one block, per year. Now given we may experience a beta that could last anywhere from one to nine months....Do you think CZ will be able to hold off Set 2 until four months post-launch? Will there be pressure for them to roll out Set 2 early? Can they stand strong? Does anyone have a crystal ball?

ConnorJS
06-20-2013, 06:50 AM
I think than 2 months after launch set 2 will come out, my crystal ball's a little dusty but I think it says 2 ;D

lordjuzam
06-20-2013, 07:06 AM
I think it will be released 4 months after the launch, because that's when the game starts for the general public (not counting open beta). If they were to stray from their original intent, I would expect there is more chance of a delay due to CZE still working on bugs/interface etc. or being slightly overwhelmed by the success of Hex. Earlier then 4 months post-release seems implausible to me, we (ks- and slacker backers) are only a small portion of the eventual player pool, so it would be silly to acquiesce to our desire to see a new set earlier. For us Set 1 will be there for a long, long time ( I predict a beta of 4-6 months, so 8-10 months of set 1).

Ju66ernaut
06-20-2013, 07:10 AM
I really hope you're right Juzam.

Delrusant
06-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Beta should not be too long as it is clear that CZE goals is to deliver a polished product but "in time" newer functionnalities and additions being for "post-launch" period (or else the KS extended goals might have been more game content oriented).

majin
06-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Based on the Interviews, the Timeline can be

(Best Case Scenario)
August 2013 -> Aplha
September 2013 -> Beta
December 2013 -> Release (They are hoping to release the game before the year ends)
April 2014 => Set 2 (4 months after release)
August 2014 => Set 3 (a new set every 4 months)

-----------------------------------------------

(Worst Case Scenario)
August 2013 -> Aplha
September 2013 -> Beta
June 2014 -> Release (Summer 2014 release date)
October 2014 => Set 2
February 2015 => Set 3

-----------------------------------------------

(*real* Worst Case Scenario - based on Icepick's post)
November 2013 -> Aplha
December 2013 -> Beta
September 2014 -> Release (Summer 2014 release date)
January 2014 => Set 2
May 2015 => Set 3

Icepick
06-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Your worst case scenario assumes that the Alpha and Beta launch on time too. As unlikely as it may be, they could both be delayed for months, so a *real* worst case scenario pushes all of those dates back by another 2/3/4/X months.

Yamusha
06-20-2013, 12:37 PM
But I think one set every 4 months perhaps is too much... Don't you think?

Won't they overflood the market?? In part I quit MtG because I was not able to follow all the expansions (and also because I didn't have so much money). I hope they dont do the same with HEX...

majin
06-20-2013, 12:53 PM
But I think one set every 4 months perhaps is too much... Don't you think?

Won't they overflood the market?? In part I quit MtG because I was not able to follow all the expansions (and also because I didn't have so much money). I hope they dont do the same with HEX...

this isn't an assumption but based on a statement that CZE made. they have been in the TCG business for a while so they probably have a good reason about this timeline and sorry but they are following the MtG way of releasing sets too

this may be much for a lot of people but this is how they stated they will do this.

based on the videos and interviews, these release will also mean more new PvE content so it won't require people who aren't willing to spend a lot to keep playing the game and it will keep the game fresh every 4 months

Sholynyk
06-20-2013, 12:55 PM
@yamusha.

From what I have seen they are intending to release blocks of approximately 250-350 cards every 4 months. The advantage this has over magic is that we have a global community to trade with rather than a small group of friends to complete each deck we want and get rid of the rates we do not. Maintaining a complete collection will be next to impossible for those of us not guaranteed all the cards through kick starter. But I personally think that would make the game get boring very quickly.