PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Hex vs Computer Hex.

ConnorJS
06-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Which do you think you'll be playing more of. I think the tablet interface will be really slick and convenient, I can imagine spending a lot of time sat in bed grinding PvE. Also if you're going to be playing on mobile, which device will you be using?

DisOrd3r
06-20-2013, 08:10 AM
I'll be using my ipad ^^ awesome when im in a bus! :D

Diesbudt
06-20-2013, 08:10 AM
I will probably play on the actual computer. Bigger screen, can run programs behind it to chat, and such.

KaosSoul
06-20-2013, 08:11 AM
Both same time?

ConnorJS
06-20-2013, 08:17 AM
Both same time?

Dunno if they allow multiple logins/accounts but I guess you could be sneaky ;D. I like the idea of PvPing on the main and PvEing on the alt.

And Diesbudt, I'd agree with any other game but I have a feeling that Hex on mobile will be incredibly smooth. Also you can play on the tablet while you do all the programs on your PC :P.

Qorsair
06-20-2013, 08:35 AM
I expect to be playing primarily on iPad.

tautologico
06-20-2013, 08:49 AM
PVP on computer, maybe PVE on my iPad if I need to kill some time while not at home. At home I'll most probably always play on PC.

Xintia
06-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Well I won't be giving up my PC any time soon, but the mobile version will be great on the go. Heck the touch screen interface might even be more appealing in the long run.

ConnorJS
06-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Heck the touch screen interface might even be more appealing in the long run.

There's something nice about sitting back on a sofa as opposed to sitting in a desk chair, and the touch screen feels a lot more laid back.

Lidralyn
06-20-2013, 09:18 AM
When I am playing competitively in tournaments, it will most likely be on my PC, but then during the day and random times I will be doing PvE on the tablet. But when anything is on the line I will be at my PC because it's far easier to alt tab and look up stuff about cards, etc that it is on a tablet.

LordRaven
06-20-2013, 09:42 AM
I think my iPad will be more for PvE, since you can quit that mid-match with no downside. For drafting I think I'd rather be on a more comfortable on PC if I'm going to be playing for up to 3 hours at a time.

Chiany
06-20-2013, 10:10 AM
PVP on computer, maybe PVE on my iPad if I need to kill some time while not at home. At home I'll most probably always play on PC.

Me too, PVP on the pc/mac.
Pve maybe on Ipad, same as deckbuilding.

Joolz
06-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Any serious playing for me will be on my pc, tournaments, drafting, deck construction, maybe raids. I have a feeling I'll log more hours on the tablet though doing the less mentally demanding stuff. I'm almost always on my phone/tablet when I'm on the couch with the tv in the background.

Dralon
06-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Any serious playing for me will be on my pc, tournaments, drafting, deck construction, maybe raids. I have a feeling I'll log more hours on the tablet though doing the less mentally demanding stuff. I'm almost always on my phone/tablet when I'm on the couch with the tv in the background.

Pretty much this for me too.

ZeroCool
06-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Assuming the basic actions and interactions with the games will be virtually identical, I'm likely to prefer playing in my iPad. If things are fundamentally better using a mouse rather than my finger then I'll play on my Lappy/PC.

I want to know how well this will work over 3G when I'm not in a wifi area...

nicosharp
06-20-2013, 11:10 AM
It will depend on my ISP, and my laziness level.
Probably iPad slightly more than PC.

HellFro
06-20-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm buying an iPad as soon the tablet support comes out, just to play the game. I've never played competitive so not sure yet but prob just stay on my iPad.

LexC
06-20-2013, 11:58 AM
My main account on PC, and my Merchant account on the Tablet.

Jotora
06-20-2013, 12:00 PM
This really should have been a poll (can we make our own polls?).

PC. I wouldn't mind getting a tablet, but don't imagine I will anytime soon.

This could be the straw that breaks that camel's back, though.

DarkSeverance
06-20-2013, 12:34 PM
After playing it last weekend, I would definitely say that I will be playing it on my iPad. There is nothing that really makes me needing to play on the computer. I can play where I want in the comfort of my couch or someplace else other than my computer desk. I could even play on my iPad while I'm playing something else entirely on the computer if I wanted too. The whole family will be playing on the iPad's though.

Athravan
06-20-2013, 12:51 PM
I'd say 90% on my PC, 10% on my iPad. Mostly because I'll usually either be in a skype call or on a voice server of some kind with my guild or friends, and if I'm not, I'll probably be listening to music. The 10% I'll use my ipad is when I have to travel long journeys for work (sometimes have to spend 8 hours at a time in a car or train so that'll be nice), or if I'm feeling super lazy and I'm in bed.

I can see my husband playing it a lot more on his ipad though since he very often watches movies/watches tv/reads etc. in bed after I'm asleep and this would be something entertaining for him to do rather than channel surfing for sure.

OutlandishMatt
06-20-2013, 01:24 PM
I want to know how well this will work over 3G when I'm not in a wifi area...

^^^ This. Also, Crash Override is cooler.

Xintia
06-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Just a quick clarification, the mobile version is going to be tablet only correct? No support for smartphones? Not that I would want to try it on a smartphone... don't need to carry around a magnifying glass just to read the cards. :p

BossHoss
06-20-2013, 02:45 PM
The problem with tablet for me will be lack of hotkeys so I will mainly be on PC

true
06-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Remember they may have to cripple the marketplace on IOS versions due to apples 30% cut rules.

Zarien
06-20-2013, 08:29 PM
I'll prefer my computer for pvp games and for hex most of the time. The only time i'll use my tablet is for some recreational pve time to pass time at lines and visiting family.

ShadowTycho
06-20-2013, 08:31 PM
i really hope there isnt a big difference between mobile hexing and not mobile hexing so i can switch back and forth at my whimsy.
build decks on lunch break.
sit with family at the tv and hex while pretending to watch.

DarkSeverance
06-22-2013, 09:14 AM
The problem with tablet for me will be lack of hotkeys so I will mainly be on PCWhat hotkeys will you be needing in a TCG? There is a pass priority button or spacebar to pass and you click/touch the cards to use them. Using a computer will actually be slower than a touch screen.

jpmoser
06-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Android here.

nickon
06-22-2013, 12:24 PM
I hope/expect CZE will make the mobile version really slick, such that there are almost no real drawbacks or annoyances to playing it on a tablet. For work I'm sitting already 8+ hours a day behind my desk, contiuously staring at my computer screen. It would be a relief for me (and my eyes) to kick back and relax in the couch playing hex on a tablet in whatever mode PVE/PVP. So I'm really counting on the tablet support to be an A+ experience, as I'm hoping to spend most of my hours playing on it. I even plan to buy an ipad mini mainly for this (currently on a 7inch android tablet, feeling a bit slugish, but liking the smaller screen though).

ramseytheory
06-22-2013, 01:46 PM
I'll be using the iPad version almost exclusively when it comes out, at least unless I start using Teamspeak or similar. I have a copy of Windows, but I prefer Linux for day-to-day use and I'd rather not reboot every time I want to play Hex.

Kami
06-22-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm more concerned they dumb down the computer interface to match the tablets. :/

ZeroCool
06-22-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm more concerned they dumb down the computer interface to match the tablets. :/

It's a TCG, what high-tech interface are you expecting?

Gregzilla
06-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Oh, Tablet, 100%, for sure. Can't wait to get mine in a few months, just for this. :)

DarkSeverance
06-22-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm more concerned they dumb down the computer interface to match the tablets. :/This is a TCG game, what is there to dumb down? You select a card you have a priority pass button. The end. It is actually probably going to be more responsive on a tablet just because I'm not moving a mouse to select a card, using the mouse wheel to zoom... instead I'm just selecting a card and pushing pass button.

Kami
06-22-2013, 03:11 PM
It's a TCG, what high-tech interface are you expecting?

In theory, I'd like to see at least (on computer-side which may not be possible on tablets):

1. Multi-monitor support. Example: Playing a match on one monitor and auction house on the other.
2. Multi-tasking support. Example: Playing two matches while managing your library - possibly done through 'tabs'.
3. The ability to re-arrange layout.
4. Graphical/audio quality and amount.

There are probably more things I didn't think of. Granted, some of those 'features' may not even exist on the computer version but if it could and was only dropped since tablets wouldn't be able to handle it, that would suck.

DarkSeverance
06-22-2013, 03:29 PM
In theory, I'd like to see at least (on computer-side which may not be possible on tablets)All these things are and would be possible on a tablet, however currently none of those exist at the time. I would think that currently they aren't even on the design element radar as of yet if they ever do get on it. And even by adding those things it wouldn't be something that would need to be modified for tablet use. None of those things even if the CPU had it and the tablet doesn't dumbs the game down. It is still a digital TCG.

CodexReaper
06-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Seeing as I don't currently *have* an iPad or Android tablet...I'm kinda relegated to my PC at the present moment. :P But that said, I think the tablet gameplay will be fantastic! I really like the concept of playing a digital TCG by using a touch-screen, rather than clicking with a mouse. Plus, the mobility is nothing to sneeze at, either.

jay203
06-22-2013, 06:40 PM
gonna depends on what access i get and where i am atm
if i'm at home, i'll most likely be on PC anyway so i'll be playing on that :p

DrakarT
06-23-2013, 12:22 PM
I Hope it be compatible with Android phones.. so you could connect even without WiFi and trade cards even on the street like without needing to look for a Wifi Hotspot
At least would be good to have a DeckManager on mobile...

maniza
06-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Il play tablet most of the time, pc for important tournaments maybe. Cant wait to se hex in my retina display. As for ui if its anithing like magic 2013/14 im fine with that. They did said they wanted to make the best ui for a tcg, as far as i know thats the one to beat or is there a better one?

Mr.Funsocks
06-23-2013, 04:10 PM
I hope they implement some of the aforementioned bells and whistles for PC play. I would love, love, love to be able to put chat in an entirely separate window on my monitor while I play on my TV.

Guap
06-23-2013, 05:32 PM
I'll probably do most of my play on ipad but I have a nice pc and I'll play on that to. Really wont know which I'll play more on till I get a feel for how each plays. This will be one of the first games Ive ever had that gives you the option to play on either device.

djlowballer
06-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Computer. I hate gaming on tablets with a passion.

lucasbuffalo
06-27-2013, 01:36 PM
If there was a phone version I'd probably play every waking moment of my life on it.

Fireblast
06-27-2013, 03:53 PM
PC 99% of the time, Ipad to check AH before going to sleep?

~

Mr.Funsocks
06-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Having now tried DotP on my tablet, it's a clear PC preference for me... ugh... how do people game on these things regularly?

ioxon
06-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Which do you think you'll be playing more of. I think the tablet interface will be really slick and convenient, I can imagine spending a lot of time sat in bed grinding PvE. Also if you're going to be playing on mobile, which device will you be using?

I'll be doing exactly that on my Galaxy Tab 10.1. I actually don't see myself playing this on my PC much at all. It seems like it would be more natural to play wherever you are (bed, throne, at a table with a friend, in a library, on a plane, riding a giant eagle, deep sea diving, etc, etc).

Thallium45
06-28-2013, 12:27 AM
Considering the 3 hours average daily travel time for me it will be most likely on my Asus Transformer Infinity. plenty time to get a game or two in and or check the AH and the forums.

keldrin
06-28-2013, 12:31 AM
I must be old...
I'm using a Laptop right now.

Malicus
06-28-2013, 04:34 AM
Most of my play and any tournament or drafting will be on my PC. I never understand why people say they would rather chill out on a couch rather than a computer chair, the solution is easy - just set up your PC so you have a super comfortable arm chair to play from, that's what I do.

Probably some AH stuff and deck building with occasional PVE on my tablet since I mostly just use that at work or when I am out of the house.

Will definitely be trying to use the tablet version to hook in some friends and family though.

Thallium45
06-28-2013, 07:06 AM
I never understand why people say they would rather chill out on a couch rather than a computer chair, the solution is easy - just set up your PC so you have a super comfortable arm chair to play from, that's what I do.

Best thing I even did was take my parent old recliner, wide armrests and a small aluminium mouse pad makes for comfortable browsing. But the use of a desk chair is essential for proper gaming and or tasks that require concentration i think.

Malicus
06-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Best thing I even did was take my parent old recliner, wide armrests and a small aluminium mouse pad makes for comfortable browsing. But the use of a desk chair is essential for proper gaming and or tasks that require concentration i think.

I have an old chair I took the base off of and dump into my arm chair if I need to go into concentration mode, works well for me :)

Aldazar
07-01-2013, 11:04 PM
I think playing casual matches, or even more serious tournaments, etc on the iPad will be a lot of fun, as well as gaming on the go (or at the office during a lunch break =P)...

For deckbuilding, etc., I think the bigger screen, higher resolution, and ability to have multiple windows visible at the same time speak in favor of the PC over the vast majority of tablets (if you have a tablet that runs in quad-HD and can easily have multiple windows open and visible at the same time, you are awesome).

Badger
07-02-2013, 12:16 AM
60% on my PC, 30% on my laptop and 20% on my iPad.