PDA

View Full Version : Non-basic resources.

ConnorJS
06-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Just wondering how people expect these to look on the interface, as the current system doesn't allow to look at the resource cards once they are played.

houjix
06-20-2013, 08:23 AM
They should just look like a normal resource with different text. They just will do something different when you play them.

ConnorJS
06-20-2013, 08:25 AM
They should just look like a normal resource with different text. They just will do something different when you play them.

What about recurring effects? (Like the MTG non basic lands)

houjix
06-20-2013, 08:26 AM
What about recurring effects? (Like the MTG non basic lands)

That probably won't be on resource cards are they cease to exist once you play them.

KaosSoul
06-20-2013, 08:27 AM
the same way it will work with Shrine of prosperity prolly, since it can give your ressources abilities, im expecting a side of the board resserved for such use

ConnorJS
06-20-2013, 08:47 AM
the same way it will work with Shrine of prosperity prolly, since it can give your ressources abilities, im expecting a side of the board resserved for such use

Yeah that's what I was hoping, I hope that they do introduce non-basic resources. It gives the game much more depth and adds a whole new dimension to deckbuilding.

Thelaasa
06-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Yeah that's what I was hoping, I hope that they do introduce non-basic resources. It gives the game much more depth and adds a whole new dimension to deckbuilding.

I believe one of the twitch streams said they had non-basic resources planned already for one of the early sets. Might have been set 1, but I don't remember the exact comment.

Badmoonz
06-20-2013, 08:53 AM
I thought they said there was one non-basic resource in set one, but I may be mistaken.

ConnorJS
06-20-2013, 08:53 AM
I believe one of the twitch streams said they had non-basic resources planned already for one of the early sets. Might have been set 1, but I don't remember the exact comment.

I vaguely remember this, I hope they're in set 2 to be honest. I want set 1 just to get to learn the dynamics of the game and then introduce some new stuff in set 2/3. I hope there are plenty of new surprises in store in future sets :).

vallerius
06-20-2013, 09:20 AM
They definitely already have at least one nonbasic resource in the game. There is a screenshot of one on the kickstarter page:

You can't see all of the text on the card, but it is definitely a nonbasic resource. It appears to provide either a sapphire or diamond threshold.

jaxsonbateman
06-20-2013, 09:41 AM
My impression of a nonbasic resource was that it would simply provide one of each threshold. As for other effects, no idea and it's all speculation at this point.

SomeoneRandom
06-20-2013, 09:42 AM

Honestly I am okay with non basic resources if they are used for cool effects. However I really hope they tone down the dual resources. Currently threshold and resources are exciting enough right now and make deck building VERY interesting. However since there is no "basic land" type a dual land would have basically no drawback and make threshold not even matter. Right now when you are building decks you have to be VERY careful about threshold requirements and I hope we never get to the point MTG has where 3-5 color decks are easy to pull off without ever getting color screwed. Thi is one of the reasons the standard format is so bland ciurrently. There are 2-4 key cards that only cost 1 of their color and since 3 color decks are easy people just splash those cards in EVERY deck because of their power levels.

Facilier
06-20-2013, 09:48 AM
The nonbasic resource we have seen thus far looks like it gives you 1/1, if you have White or Blue threshhold it adds one to each threshhold (or maybe to either), and if you have Blue threshhold when you play it, it charges your champion.